Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1296 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2967961196124612861292129312941295129612971298129913001306 ... LastLast
Results 19,426 to 19,440 of 20011

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can scan all my copies later for record.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    On all the copies I have, the placement of the initial serial number can be slightly skewed relative to the /5 primary. From my perspective the /5 was placed first and separately. What doesn't differ is the hue and impression. Fwiw, all the copies I have were acquired prior to the sheet release.
    I'm not doubting for a second yours that you feel are legit, are. My questioning come from more of a how many fonts were actually used legitimately.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're spot on with the Edgar, I just thought the embossing showing on the front would be a handy smoking gun and an easy way to tell on the others in the future as well (if it showed up).

In what could only come in handy in the Super Sweet 90's Inserts Thread, I actually have one of every serial # from 1/50 - 50/50 for series 1 chrome golden anniversary. So I can check some more when I have time. You guys got the gist of the numbering right, though, where the "/50" or "/5" was put on first and the serial number is struck second. The same font is not used for both. The serial # numbers are not as tall and a little wider. Sometimes the spacing is a little off too.

Just send the Clark over and I'll compare it to my other golds for you, free of charge

Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Agreed that they are prob done at different times , but I would think the same printer would have done it using the same font. Obviously that's not the case. I have one common type guy, when I find it, I'll look to see how it compares. I'll look at the Clark /50 to see any variations.

Ryan
    Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the back of my Piazza, which I assume is legit

I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randy Johnson Collector!! 5,180 Unique Cards & Counting.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/bigunitcards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if anybody could help me out. Came across a 1998 Fleer Ultra Alex Rodriguez "card". It's thinner than a regular card, and the back has info about putting it in a display. Anything know more about this card?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without seeing a scan, I know the 98 Ultra Ticket Studs cards were thinner than normal cards, and unfolded to become the size of a ticket.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packbusta View Post
    Wondering if anybody could help me out. Came across a 1998 Fleer Ultra Alex Rodriguez "card". It's thinner than a regular card, and the back has info about putting it in a display. Anything know more about this card?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packbusta View Post

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    @cbrandtw

this was asked about before, its some type of vending machine sample thingie
    Last edited by magicpapa; 07-15-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll assume Nomo bidders are making this happen. I understand that the market for certain Japanese players is tremendously competitive. Some of those gold signature cards can be hard to find, so maybe this is one and the Noms buyers are fighting hard for it. Heck, maybe a RJ collector in the battle too?

Quote Originally Posted by bigunitcards View Post

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no doubt it's Nomo people. Card is hard to find, it's the only Collector's Choice Gold from 94-96 I don't have (have 13 out the 14). Still, that price is just amazing, especially for how worn the corners are.

'96 Collector's Choice Golds were 1 per box, but with 760 base cards over two series of a low end product, makes you wonder how many survivors are out there.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of high prices - saw some strong sales on recent PWCC auction of rare 90's inserts of Mike Piazza. I only knocked one biggie of my list, but here were some of the more interesting ending prices. Happy to see the secondary market, but bummed I didn't pick up a bunch more cards!

1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold Team /25 - final price of $676 with 42 bids, this is about 90% higher than the last recorded price I have seen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Pinnacl...UAAOSwRXRZWs-u

1998 Bowman's Best Fusion Atomic Refractor /25 - final price of $581 with 35 bids. Never seen one before and missed out on this one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Bowmans...AAAOSwvflZWs~a

1998 Topps Stars Luminaries /5 - sold for $501, interestingly this auction did not experience a big price increase in the last minute like other listings

1999 Fleer Brilliants 24-K gold /24 - sold for $449, same, no big price increase and a winning bidder with zero feedback

1998 Circa Thunder Super Rave /25 - sold for $338, I picked this up...first one i've ever seen

1998 Donruss crusade purple - sold for $123, last ones have all sold in the $80 range

1999 Circa Thunder Super Rave /25 - sold for $120, last few have sold in the $70-80 range

1998 Fleer Classic '63 Vintage /63 - sold for $117, last one sold for $50

1997 E-X2000 Essential Credentials /99 - sold for $112, way shocked. this is usually a $60 card if not less. This particular card looks well centered, but wow

list goes on and on and on...pretty much every card went above my expectation. shows the power of PWCC
    I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I just looked that up, like 100 really nice Piazza cards all in one batch, that's an amazing sale. Had the big guns you listed and a whole slew of low key tough 99/00 #d inserts as well.

And your Super Rave looks really crisp.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice run of Piazzas for sure. I actually am surprised how low some went. There were def some nice sales though.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN