Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apr 13, 2010
Agreed. It's hard to exactly pin down why these cards are not very desirable... Pretty? Check. Rare? Check. But they are just not quite that different from the very cheap #'d versions... Maybe they've all been sitting there for 2 days and I thought they just popped ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
They were listed this evening.

mun002 is listing a nice collection of Cleveland cards (Indians, Browns, Cavaliers) on COMC this evening. The flippers are hard to compete with for the Vizquel and Thome cards!

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Agreed. It's hard to exactly pin down why these cards are not very desirable... Pretty? Check. Rare? Check. But they are just not quite that different from the very cheap #'d versions... Maybe they've all been sitting there for 2 days and I thought they just popped ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Usually unnumbered stuff sells for a fraction of the real thing. Occasionally I guess it could sell in line with the real thing as I've heard of a few sales that surprised me me. So that makes all of those like $1-$3 lol

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Usually unnumbered stuff sells for a fraction of the real thing. Occasionally I guess it could sell in line with the real thing as I've heard of a few sales that surprised me me. So that makes all of those like $1-$3 lol

Generally speaking, I'll pay more for unnumbered serial # cards that have a higher print run. A perfect example is these totally certified cards. I'd pay either the same or more for the serial #ed gold than unnumbered, but more for the unnumbered red than the serial #ed version. The reds may only have a few copies out there that aren't numbered, and since the regular is #ed to 3,999 iirc, it is an easy pickup for more than what the #ed version would sell for. I may be in the minority though :)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Generally speaking, I'll pay more for unnumbered serial # cards that have a higher print run. A perfect example is these totally certified cards. I'd pay either the same or more for the serial #ed gold than unnumbered, but more for the unnumbered red than the serial #ed version. The reds may only have a few copies out there that aren't numbered, and since the regular is #ed to 3,999 iirc, it is an easy pickup for more than what the #ed version would sell for. I may be in the minority though :)

Same here.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida

I agree 100%. It's kind of like the same thing with 80's and early 90's Donruss blank back proofs. You have a larger abundance of cards compared to the minuscule amount of blank backs or in this case unnumbered cards. Proofs and prototypes are generally on the top of my list when it comes to my buying priorities.

Onthespotdetailing

Nov 1, 2015
Does anyone know of this is the auxiliary gold .. if not what is it
d9388bcf4abf3944e6014165d70154b0.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Looks like a custom 1/1. For some reason I can't recall the sellers name that has been dealing these types for quite awhile. A lot of times they will have in an off name graded case.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'll typically only purchase an unnumbered card if it's something I won't likely be able to own in packed out form, like this card I recently grabbed.

1999FinestGoldRefractor_NS.jpeg

There are exceptions to that rule, like extremely low pricing or rainbows, etc, but mostly just low serial numbered stuff.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
How do you check COMC by the seller?

If you are looking at a particular card, the seller's name is clickable below it which links to their items for sale, which you can further sort or filter.

In this case search "1997 pinnacle red" at comc. Sort by recently added. Click on the Thomas 97 pinnacle red NNO. Click on Dallascardboys. From there you can narrow by sport, recent, highest price, etc.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California

After market stuff that someone die cut in their garage. If you look at the serial number, it is a clear plastic/tape that you can make using a label gun. I remember buying one of them way back when thinking I had something legit but after carefully checking it, just another dud....

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
If you are looking at a particular card, the seller's name is clickable below it which links to their items for sale, which you can further sort or filter.

In this case search "1997 pinnacle red" at comc. Sort by recently added. Click on the Thomas 97 pinnacle red NNO. Click on Dallascardboys. From there you can narrow by sport, recent, highest price, etc.

Thanks for the info...

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
After market stuff that someone die cut in their garage. If you look at the serial number, it is a clear plastic/tape that you can make using a label gun. I remember buying one of them way back when thinking I had something legit but after carefully checking it, just another dud....
I could have sworn they were numbered to 25 but have no examples to say for sure. I am surprised no one here has one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online