Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I'm content with my 21/25
redcrusade.jpg

oops 22/25 :oops:
GriffeyCrusadeRed2.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Do all the players have autos?

SPx Force Autograph

SPx Force Autograph is a parallel of the insert of the same name. However, only one of the four players depicted signed the card. For brevity's sake, we are only listing the signee in the checklist.

Each card is serial-numbered to 100 copies.

1 Ken Griffey, Jr.

2 Albert Belle

3 Mo Vaughn EXCH

4 Gary Sheffield

5 Greg Maddux

6 Alex Rodriguez

7 Todd Hollandsworth

8 Roberto Alomar

9 Tony Gwynn

10 Andruw Jones

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I've seen 2 w/Jose on it but Sheffield signed. I steered clear of both because it didn't fit what my collection is, but of course when other people are "cool" with it, I have second thoughts, lol!

I was cool with it.. Its not intended to be a Canseco auto but since he is on the card its a checklist requirement and they are pretty uncommon for /100 cards.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Eff Bagwell? Eff him!

Rarely but given the amount of work I've put my scanner through, sometimes it doesn't pick up certain lines in some scans. The "J" in "Jeff" on the back appears to have not been picked up.

Your comment is hilarious :p

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Like Ryan said its the cropping that makes it different and now that I looked at the back they are different too. The color is slightly different, and that could be for a variety of reasons, but not as much as the scans make it seem. Below are pictures taken with my camera.

I'm still leaning toward retail versus redemption, but it may very well be a small batch run from a different manufacturer, like an executive proof of sorts, to approve the concept.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still leaning toward retail versus redemption, but it may very well be a small batch run from a different manufacturer, like an executive proof of sorts, to approve the concept.

I posted a Ozzie retail package, and a redeemed pin a few pages back, the pins both look the same...... so possibly a test/proof/proto

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I was cool with it.. Its not intended to be a Canseco auto but since he is on the card its a checklist requirement and they are pretty uncommon for /100 cards.

At one point, I considered getting one signed by Jose. I thought that would be a fun little variation!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I posted a Ozzie retail package, and a redeemed pin a few pages back, the pins both look the same...... so possibly a test/proof/proto

That's what I'm saying, a concept proof. Though, not all concepts undergo changes after the fact, but those with crazy shoulder bulges certainly would. I want to see where the retail pack-out was manufactured; Taiwan or China?

Members online