Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1343 of 1347 FirstFirst ... 343843124312931333133913401341134213431344134513461347 LastLast
Results 20,131 to 20,145 of 20191

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripkenfan126 View Post
    I

Wow! Here’s mine!

Always wondered what this may bring at auction, but don’t really wanna sell! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seeing what I've seen of your collection on here if cry for you if you sold that, mirror blacks are breathtaking! Cornerstone of collections

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Seeing what I've seen of your collection on here if cry for you if you sold that, mirror blacks are breathtaking! Cornerstone of collections
    Im not selling! Always just been curious!
    I see the Maddux already sold!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_hitter View Post
    Why would someone grade that? Authentication?
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 10, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, for a card like that, I would grade it solely for the authentication.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some other reasons to grade your cards

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    Why would someone grade that? Authentication?
    Guys and Nelson , I grade for a couple different reasons . The #1 reason is it is kind of an insurance policy . If something was to happen to me , I can't expect my wife and kids to know what to do with my collection . With the card graded , all you have to do is take a picture and use the caption from the grading label as your EBAY title and you guys will do all the rest . Reason #2 is when I first started to sell on EBAY ( raw cards ) , I would get people complaining about the condition and wanting a discount or a full refund after they received the card . I've also refunded and the guy on the other end sends me back the same card in a lesser condition ( switched out ) . Since I started only selling graded cards , I have had only one card ever returned and that was because the postal machine smashed the plastic holder . You can never get an argument about the grade , they can take that up with PSA or Beckett if they don't like it . For these two reasons alone , it is worth the 7 bucks a card ! Thanks , John

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stressreelief View Post
    Guys and Nelson , I grade for a couple different reasons . The #1 reason is it is kind of an insurance policy . If something was to happen to me , I can't expect my wife and kids to know what to do with my collection . With the card graded , all you have to do is take a picture and use the caption from the grading label as your EBAY title and you guys will do all the rest . Reason #2 is when I first started to sell on EBAY ( raw cards ) , I would get people complaining about the condition and wanting a discount or a full refund after they received the card . I've also refunded and the guy on the other end sends me back the same card in a lesser condition ( switched out ) . Since I started only selling graded cards , I have had only one card ever returned and that was because the postal machine smashed the plastic holder . You can never get an argument about the grade , they can take that up with PSA or Beckett if they don't like it . For these two reasons alone , it is worth the 7 bucks a card ! Thanks , John
    #2 is good point. It seems like this card just sold already within the past year, so if the intention all along was to resell that's a good way of looking at it - covering your butt.

#1 is irrelevant to me because I am immortal.
    Complete Want lists HERE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    High prices for stuff like this would/will not be surprising in the least. What is surprising is how high how fast prices went. I have no way of knowing if shill bidding is happening, nor could i ever prove it, it just seems fishy that two user IDs popped on most of the auctions, including some duplicate listings for drastically different amounts.
    Shilling isn't something I would usually even think of but there are enough flags popping up for me to really think it over. At the end of the day most of these would go for a decent chunk of change anyway. In a few days as auctions come closer to the end it will be interesting to see how many more people jump in.
    Good points. And like others referenced, I agree that two 15k+ feedback bidders leading almost across the board in the first few days is blatantly suspicious.

Question to consider now: Given what I believe about the bidding activity, am I willing to compete for the listings I'm interested in?

Like you said, the final sale prices were already going to be strong but may be higher given the *spitballs* we saw Monday/Tuesday.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2 is a good point that I have never considered and is good to know for reference.

Wish I were immortal.

@Ripkenfan126 - incredible!

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 99.99% sure the Maddux wasn't originally purchased to be resold.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spcollector View Post
    I know it's a long shot but does anyone have either of the last two '97 Griffey SP Vintage Buyback Autos for sale:
    1997 SP Vintage Autographs #8 Ken Griffey Jr. '93 (#/16)
    1997 SP Vintage Autographs #9 Ken Griffey Jr. '93PP (#/5)
    to go with these below. Please let me know or if you may have a lead on another collector who may. Thanks!

No help here, Sorry.......... @flarick maybe??
    Let the MLB know youd like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cards you are interested in and the follow up

Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    Good points. And like others referenced, I agree that two 15k+ feedback bidders leading almost across the board in the first few days is blatantly suspicious.

Question to consider now: Given what I believe about the bidding activity, am I willing to compete for the listings I'm interested in?

Like you said, the final sale prices were already going to be strong but may be higher given the *spitballs* we saw Monday/Tuesday.
    Alot of you are knowledgeable enough to know if the guys that are schilling ultimately win the card , that will card turn up in another auction or turn up in an Ebay listing that one of those two clowns operates . If you really have to own the card , go for it . If you want a pay a certain price , just be patient and the card will surface again , probably even within a month . one last point about grading guys is the multiplier you get with certain players . The set registry has created an opportunity to generate a lot of money that you can parlay back into your collections . In the last PWCC auction a 1996 Jeter Pacific Crown Collection base card in a PSA 10 got 476 dollars . That's a 50 cent card at a show , it is almost borderline insanity . There have been 6 1996 Bowman foil Jeter cards that have graded 10 . I am responsible for four of them . I kept one in my collection and the other three have brought back almost 4000 dollars in cash and trade . How do you NOT do this ( grade your cards ) is a better question ! I really didn't think this would catch on when it first started . I felt grading should stay with coins and had no place in our hobby . I missed that boat . I could have had Jeter 1993 PSA 10s back in the day for 3 to 5 grand and now they're 50 grand . SHOULD HAVE , COULD HAVE , BUT DIDN'T . THE WORDS OF A LOSER ! Most decisions in life are nothing more than a math equation and seeing what graded cards get over raw cards is simple math . Have a great night guys . John

chris19978
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of you are knowledgeable enough to know if the guys that are schilling ultimately win the card , that will card turn up in another auction or turn up in an Ebay listing that one of those two clowns operates . If you really have to own the card , go for it . If you want a pay a certain price , just be patient and the card will surface again , probably even within a month . one last point about grading guys is the multiplier you get with certain players . The set registry has created an opportunity to generate a lot of money that you can parlay back into your collections . In the last PWCC auction a 1996 Jeter Pacific Crown Collection base card in a PSA 10 got 476 dollars . That's a 50 cent card at a show , it is almost borderline insanity . There have been 6 1996 Bowman foil Jeter cards that have graded 10 . I am responsible for four of them . I kept one in my collection and the other three have brought back almost 4000 dollars in cash and trade . How do you NOT do this ( grade your cards ) is a better question ! I really didn't think this would catch on when it first started . I felt grading should stay with coins and had no place in our hobby . I missed that boat . I could have had Jeter 1993 PSA 10s back in the day for 3 to 5 grand and now they're 50 grand . SHOULD HAVE , COULD HAVE , BUT DIDN'T . THE WORDS OF A LOSER ! Most decisions in life are nothing more than a math equation and seeing what graded cards get over raw cards is simple math . Have a great night guys . John
    John a 1996 Mirror Gold Jeter PSA 10 sold for $1500.00 once now it will go for a ton more to I missed my opportunity on the Mirror Gold and I am ok with it. That card is a rich persons card or a lucky persons card now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    My want and trade website. http://derekjetercollection.webs.com/
    1992 to 1999 Derek Jeter collector owns 1457 of the 1919 beckett listed cards 76% complete.
    1992 to 1996 haves 305 of 306 99%
    1997 haves 330 of 354 93%
    1998 haves 442 of 673 66%
    1999 haves 380 of 586 65%

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John the problem is you are quoting Jeter who has a strong registry presence. Nobody else has the same presence as he does. 90% of Griffey stuff from the 90s commands no premium in a PSA 10 or BGS 9.5. Always outliers but even recently a 97 Platinum Stars /30 griffey PSA 10 for the same price my raw sold for. Many of his pop 1 dufex inserts for instance would sell around $150-$200 regardless of rarity of it raw.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question about 1999 Finest Refractors. I noticed the back of my GEMS subset card has no refractor finish. I noticed the back of my Sterling subset card does have a refractor finish. I do not have a Gamers subset card. I looked at the back of refractors on COMC, but I cannot tell from their scans if the backs are refractor finish. Just making sure that Sterling subset refractors are supposed to have a refractor finish on the back, and curious which ones do and which ones do not (base, GEMS, Sterling, Gamers, Rookies). Thank you.
    Complete Want lists HERE

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a quick eBay search it looks like the gamers do.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282686524919
    I couldn't find a great example of the gems with the refractor finish, however this Scott rolen claims to be MINTY! I'm not sure if this is a scratch and sniff or just a general smell or grading slang
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263349863013