Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    Yes, I've heard of those 1992 Topps Round Trippers before and have even seen pictures of the Kirby Puckett front with blank back and The Kirby Puckett back with blank front. The pics I saw were taken several years ago and I've been searching for the Puckett's for my personal collection.
    I didn't realize his were also blank front and back. I agree though with Jeremy that these are legit. We both know the person that already owned these and the ones listed match his. Just makes me wonder how many are actually out there.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A couple more Griffey Cramer's up on COMC. I'm all spent.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a couple stories... like to hear it? Here it goes...

I was bidding on the Vlad. I meant to set this up as a contingency bid, and failed to do so. Paid more than a I wanted, even though it's a rare card. Now, it's even rarer. This is what it looked like coming out of the washing machine I guess you can't tell, but this card is waterlogged.

1997 Collector's Choice Instant Winner

Got this for $16. Thought that was pretty good.

1998 Donruss Collections Prized Collections Preferred /55

A seller recently put some Reserve Collection up for auction. I was runner-up on the Nomo, won the Glavine, and runner-up on the Raines. I messaged him asking if he had any commons. He said he had 29 more Reserve Collection cards

We talk on the phone and he's flipping through the cards. First card he says, "Jimmy Key, semistar." I roll my eyes thinking this is going to be like pulling teeth. Later on he says, "Will Clark, semistar." Three days later I have this lot:

A bunch knocked off my list, including the the Will Clark. Once I get the Ryno I think all the expensive ones will be checked off. And my fears come true - tracking down extreme no-namers to finish off my set that most sane people would not bother listing.
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 10, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post

I was bidding on the Vlad. I meant to set this up as a contingency bid, and failed to do so. Paid more than a I wanted, even though it's a rare card. Now, it's even rarer. This is what it looked like coming out of the washing machine I guess you can't tell, but this card is waterlogged.

A seller recently put some Reserve Collection up for auction. I was runner-up on the Nomo, won the Glavine, and runner-up on the Raines. I messaged him asking if he had any commons. He said he had 29 more Reserve Collection cards

We talk on the phone and he's flipping through the cards. First card he says, "Jimmy Key, semistar." I roll my eyes thinking this is going to be like pulling teeth. Later on he says, "Will Clark, semistar." Three days later I have this lot:

A bunch knocked off my list, including the the Will Clark. Once I get the Ryno I think all the expensive ones will be checked off. And my fears come true - tracking down extreme no-namers to finish off my set that most sane people would not bother listing.
    Awesome!!

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pickups sir...

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reserve collections are great, the thome for $16 is crazy, good gets.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post

NICE! From someone who has sold a Will Clark for $400, I would say you did awesome snagging that one. In that set, he's the most expensive, maybe not warranted, but he is

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    NICE! From someone who has sold a Will Clark for $400, I would say you did awesome snagging that one. In that set, he's the most expensive, maybe not warranted, but he is

Definitely not warranted, but I'd be one of those people to pay $400, Nolan. Haha

Nice Clark!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Definitely not warranted, but I'd be one of those people to pay $400, Nolan. Haha

Nice Clark!
    Yeah, me too though, if I still needed it. I had a bounty on that card for years before I found one. I think I offered $200 for it at my peak interest and then luckily stumbled upon one pretty cheap on COMC. I couldn't checkout fast enough. I'm sure rustygreenfan knows the struggle at this point. They simply aren't ever listed.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold one at $500, and don't understand why... luckily I picked two up early for $1 or $2 each so I moved a dupe. They are tough but I think someone values them just a tad high. Joel , if I come across another, ill let ya know.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pickup on the Reserve Collection lot. Can someone explain why are they so valuable? Weren't they available in 1:11 packs of series 2 hobby reserve?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    A couple more Griffey Cramer's up on COMC. I'm all spent.
    Where you able to flip the Golds or take them off? The real Cramer green and dark green are barely worth what he wanted but looks like the dark blue sold

corockies
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I snagged the 1998 Helton Diamond Axis promo XX/50 from DallasCardboys since I didn't have one.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey_peapod View Post
    Where you able to flip the Golds or take them off? The real Cramer green and dark green are barely worth what he wanted but looks like the dark blue sold
    Do you remember what he had the dark blue listed for? What about the gold?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark Blue and Green were both listed for $125 and change. Did not see the Gold price, though.