Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The seller I dealt with was aware of the other guys stuff...or it seemed like he had seen the blues and golds, and some statement he made implied (to me) that both guys split something from Pinnacle

It's very possible I misunderstood

Am curious how much of this stuff is still around...pls don't let it be a ton otherwise I might regret what I've paid!!!!

My understanding based upon talking to them is this: They did not get the stuff from the same seller; that the guy who originally put them on ebay only put them up online after having heard the guy I got mine from picked up a collection. It is also my understanding that for whatever they had in mirrors, there *may* be a single extra here or there, but the vast majority of the mirrors were the only ones they had each. Again though, that is what I took away from my conversations with them.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Like Tanner, I was fortunate enough to deal directly with the aforementioned dealer AKA "Pinnacle Man" and snag some incredibly rare Select and Pinnacle Certified bankruptcy Griffeys. Never knew some of these existed and never imagined that I would own any of these!

Select 4-Star
FullSizeRender.jpg

Select Rare Form (first time I've ever seen a card in this set)
FullSizeRender1.jpg

Pinnacle Certified Base
FullSizeRender2.jpg

Pinnacle Certified Certified Legends (first time I've seen a Griffey from this subset)
FullSizeRender3.jpg

Run of the '98 Epix Moments (The Griffey Moment - the rarest of the Epix cards - was supposed to be released in '98 PC; thus, always thought this version did not exist for him)
FullSizeRender4.jpg
FullSizeRender5.jpg
FullSizeRender6.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2008
Drooling over those Epix cards. Currently working on the set. Amazing finds!

Run of the '98 Epix Moments (The Griffey Moment - the rarest of the Epix cards - was supposed to be released in '98 PC

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
Awesome Griffey's, never seen some of those before. Thanks for sharing
Could someone PM me the contact info of this "Pinnacle Man".
I'd like to see if he has any cards I need of the players I PC.

Aug 14, 2017
Awesome Griffey's, never seen some of those before. Thanks for sharing
Could someone PM me the contact info of this "Pinnacle Man".
I'd like to see if he has any cards I need of the players I PC.

Ditto. I'd love to see if he has any Barry Larkins. Could someone also PM me for the contact info of said "Pinnacle Man"

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Like Tanner, I was fortunate enough to deal directly with the aforementioned dealer AKA "Pinnacle Man" and snag some incredibly rare Select and Pinnacle Certified bankruptcy Griffeys. Never knew some of these existed and never imagined that I would own any of these!

Select Tier 4
View attachment 74059

Select Rare Form (first time I've ever seen a card this set)
View attachment 74060

Pinnacle Certified Base
View attachment 74065

Pinnacle Certified Certified Legends (first time I've seen a Griffey from this subset)
View attachment 74072

Run of the '98 Epix Moments (The Griffey Moment - the rarest of the Epix cards - was supposed to be released in '98 PC; thus, never thought this version of Griffey existed, until now)
View attachment 74073
View attachment 74074
View attachment 74075

Whoa.

Shots fired.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

Select Tier 4
View attachment 74059

Select Rare Form (first time I've ever seen a card this set)
View attachment 74060

Pinnacle Certified Base
View attachment 74065

View attachment 74072

Run of the '98 Epix Moments (The Griffey Moment - the rarest of the Epix cards - was supposed to be released in '98 PC; thus, never thought this version of Griffey existed, until now)
View attachment 74073
View attachment 74074
View attachment 74075

DANUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GREAT STUFF
I'd Love One Of Theses!
attachment.php

2048896_orig.png

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Had some texting with one of the Pinnacle sellers today. He was very accommodating, sent a great pic of amazing stuff, but his price was out of my league. I wouldn't call it unfair by any means and it was a good sized lot but, just deeper than my pockets go right now. Pretty bummed, but what are ya gonna do

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Like the Crusade Protos, I love seeing the unreleased versions of other cross releases. Those Epix Moments are amazing!

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Gents - the Pinnacle Man was was okay with me sharing that he plans to have various player runs of the Epix Orange/Purple/Emerald set and some Mirror Red/Blue/Gold runs both from '98 Pinnacle Certified listed in PWCC's November auction. Was not able to get exact details on specific players. I imagine each Epix run will be listed as a lot, not sure about the Mirrors, however.

Hope this helps some of you guys to prepare.

Members online