Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vinson24

Feb 14, 2018
One of my favorite inserts from the '90s is the '98 Elite Back to the Future release and all of it's auto'd parallels, largely because I pulled the Ryan/Maddux autograph and hope to complete the autographed run one day. I was fortunate enough to pick up the Thomas Executive Proof last year, not only to enhance my Thomas PC, but to further my BTTF set; it's notable because the reverse features Travis Lee, rather than David Ortiz who eventually made the cut.

Enter this next card, I had previously known of the Thomas/Lee EP, but was unaware that Alex Rodriguez's card with Nomar Garciaparra had a similar change from it's proof form. Introducing ARod and Tejada...

View attachment 77178View attachment 77179

Also really stoked to add a proof of the '98 Hamburger Helper hand-cut card, featuring white card stock, production cutting, cropping differences, and text changes on the reverse.

View attachment 77180View attachment 77181

Gotta love Hamburger Helper!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I have no clue why I do it sometimes, but looking at completed auctions I have missed really bothers me. This one really gets under my skin since I need it for my Alex RODRIGUEZ collection. Check out the title.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1999+co-signers+chipper+alex&LH_Complete=1

Oh well, the search continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Trying to track down a 1995 Select Certified Mirror Gold Derek Jeter for my master set and I missed a PSA 8 for ~$70 not long ago. I don't want a graded Jeter but it seems like they all are and they're all 9 or higher so ridiculously priced.

Dec 4, 2008
I have no clue why I do it sometimes, but looking at completed auctions I have missed really bothers me. This one really gets under my skin since I need it for my Alex RODRIGUEZ collection. Check out the title.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1999+co-signers+chipper+alex&LH_Complete=1

Oh well, the search continues.

If it is any consolation maybe the four screw down case damaged the surface and you would not have wanted it anyway. ;). Just trying to see the bright side for you. Saw the this one while live as I am one of the resident Chipper collectors. How rare is that card?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Now you need to look for this ?1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractor Inverted #MI6 J.Guillen/J.Gonzalez/R.Hidalgo/G.Sheffield---- Not marked Refractor!

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
^^^^ Help a brother out with that ARod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this holds little to no weight for a player collector, but when it came available, I actually got on FCB, started writing you a message, and then the itch was too strong, and I deleted and bought it for my set. Should I ever give up hope on finishing the set, I'll let you know.

Members online

Latest posts