Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
It's unfortunate to see the way the 24-card Epix lots are being listed.

"1998 Pinnacle Epix Purple Bankruptcy Test Issue SET Griffey Jr Jeter (PWCC) Rare Purple Complete 24/24 Card Set" is inaccurate because 'Bankruptcy', 'Test Issue', 'Complete 24/24' card set are all misleading and incorrect words/phrases.

The title should actually read something like:

1998 Pinnacle Zenith Full Epix Set: full listing of all Purple Parallel Epix cards released in 1998 Zenith. Then rinse and repeat for the Orange and Emerald Parallels.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey

It’s funny that the same two top bidders for those Juan Gone auctions are the same for ALL the Jeter bankruptcy cards. They are also the same bidders for many other bankruptcy cards listed for other players. Hmmmmmmm.....

Last edited:

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Gents,

Suggest we all report the shill bidding that is quite obviously going on. Otherwise eBay is going to devolve into a useless extraction of every dollar from us collectors. I've reported the Griffey Rare Form. I have the PWCC cards already, so no skin in the game. We need to clean this up, get on it!

And oh, fun photos to encourage you all to take action ;)

img006.jpgimg007.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Gents,

Suggest we all report the shill bidding that is quite obviously going on. Otherwise eBay is going to devolve into a useless extraction of every dollar from us collectors. I've reported the Griffey Rare Form. I have the PWCC cards already, so no skin in the game. We need to clean this up, get on it!

And oh, fun photos to encourage you all to take action ;)

View attachment 75175View attachment 75176

While I have my suspicions about this what proof is there? on a quick search it seems the same two users names are currently the high bidder on nearly all the current pwcc 98 select auctions but I'm not sure what that does for us, also where would one report this? If this is indeed shill bidding id love for it to be fixed because that's just crappy, I'm just unfamiliar with how we the people can try to rectify it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's my question, with the info we see on the item page how would we prove anything? It does seem that on the majority of these items once an initial bid or two is in the same two user IDs are bidding up to a certain level.and it's very consistent that e***e is always top and y***a is second, that seems very odd, if it was two people wouldn't it be a mix?? But that alone isn't what I would call proof. I just put in another bid on the Biggio, more than I want to spend to see if it jumps again...with those two bidders.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
So who has any real proof that these cards are being shilled?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I do have to say. I’ve never seen the high bidder currently for the gwynn ever bid on a gwynn card. But the guy that got outbid for $243 does bid on gwynn. And 8 days left. Your right is weary. I mean if a new guy wants all the pinnacle test. I will
List my quasar’s. I have 2,3,4 but no 1. And ironically I’d buy the one. It is currently on eBay not with auction guy but $700 or best offer is out of my price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Late October DallasCardShow listed bunch of Mirror Reds at auction then delisted cuz bidding was so low and reposted with high BIN. I can’t believe the market values have dramatically shifted where even the base pinnacle cards are commanding what PWCC’s auctions are at now.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
$40 bucks shipping? The seller needs to pull their head out of ass. Or the person doing the listing is on medical marijuana and has had to much pizza to eat causing their acid reflux to go all the way to the brain.