Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
What makes it so rare exactly? Do they just not pop up ever?

Pretty much [MENTION=10975]athletics07[/MENTION] said. It was the perfect storm.

1) They produced a TON of 1999 UD Choice, and the product completely flopped, so cases and cases and crates and warehouses of this stuff went unopened.
2) With so much produced, an insert #/100 was nearly impossible to hit.
3) Aimed at younger collectors, so when they did hit the gold SQ, most kids didn't realize what they had.

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Huge production run makes hitting any single copy incredibly difficult. Reality is there are always still 100 but how many are in unopened product, tossed or disregarded when they were pulled since it was a product geared towards the younger collector. The series 2 1998's are like 1 in every 5 cases for the HR /100 version.

Picked up a cheap 1998 series 2 box with free shipping last week - no luck! :)

Ah okay gotcha! I had a feeling it was due to it being a "cheap" product but I have yet to see an A-Rod pop up for sale.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Finally finished this run!

5p5lVS3.png

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Pretty much [MENTION=10975]athletics07[/MENTION] said. It was the perfect storm.

1) They produced a TON of 1999 UD Choice, and the product completely flopped, so cases and cases and crates and warehouses of this stuff went unopened.
2) With so much produced, an insert #/100 was nearly impossible to hit.
3) Aimed at younger collectors, so when they did hit the gold SQ, most kids didn't realize what they had.

'99 Starquest is a 30 card insert set. Golds:

Available on eBay: 0 (there are a bunch of Hockey ones though)
Sold on eBay: 3

Available on COMC: 0
Ever sold on COMC: 6 players

Available on Beckett: 0

so many of these 98/99/00 Upper Deck #/100 sets like Ionix Reciprocal & Black Diamond Final Cut simply never come up for sale

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Yep, I've got a Juan Gone with Nolan Ryan and Julio Franco with the box it came in...

On the box, is the Texas Rangers marked with a ballpoint pen?

I have a sealed one, and Seattle Mariners is marked in ballpoint pen under the plastic. I'm wondering if thats how they did it with all of them...

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Shipped my latest round from COMC. Can't wait to get the haul in; even better than the 8 Execs I was able to add for agreeable prices, I got a card I had only hoped existed.

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
On the box, is the Texas Rangers marked with a ballpoint pen?

I have a sealed one, and Seattle Mariners is marked in ballpoint pen under the plastic. I'm wondering if thats how they did it with all of them...

I would have to dig it out to see but I don't recall my box being wrapped in plastic when I got it.. it did still have the candy that I tossed lol.. there is s picture of the box on the juangone.com website

Members online