Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Anyone have any of the following autos they would let go for a couple bucks each:

2008 Bowman Chrome Mitchell Boggs base auto
2010 Topps Chrome Bryan Anderson base auto
2011 Bowman Chrome Adron Chambers base auto
2011 Bowman Sterling Maikel Cleto base auto

Shoot me a pm if you can help me out!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I know Boggs has an option left, but not sure he's going to improve anything in Memphis. I am surprised Freeman didn't get brought up.

He could work on control there, he's walking a batter an inning.Upon further investigation, Kelly has actually sucked worse than Salas.No new pickups for you?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
He could work on control there, he's walking a batter an inning.Upon further investigation, Kelly has actually sucked worse than Salas.No new pickups for you?

i think Kelly's been underused so far. Needs more regular reps.

Haven't added anything lately. Kinda burnt out on new products. Think I'm going to push through and complete my RC collection and keep it up as we bring guys up or trade for/sign new players. But the kid has kind of taken my hobby energy for a while; honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Constantly contemplating selling the rarer Yadi RC's but every time I'm about ready to pull the trigger I hear/read something new about how special he is and what his place in history is shaping up to.

How about you, anything new of interest?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Descalso needs to go back to swinging his Louisville Slugger Ash bat. Something is not working with the Marucci Maple. I mean he has never hit well but seriously he is terrible. If he keeps making errors he will be sent down by All star break. He has 5 already and honestly I don't want to see him in the lineup right now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
i think Kelly's been underused so far. Needs more regular reps.

Haven't added anything lately. Kinda burnt out on new products. Think I'm going to push through and complete my RC collection and keep it up as we bring guys up or trade for/sign new players. But the kid has kind of taken my hobby energy for a while; honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Constantly contemplating selling the rarer Yadi RC's but every time I'm about ready to pull the trigger I hear/read something new about how special he is and what his place in history is shaping up to.

How about you, anything new of interest?

About time Boggs is sent down.Didn't think Martinez would get the call, but look forward seeing what he can do_Other than Reyes cards, haven't been getting many cards.Did buy a small lot from member not long ago.Funds been tight, so I'm laying low for now.Thought you said you were going to spring training this year?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Descalso needs to go back to swinging his Louisville Slugger Ash bat. Something is not working with the Marucci Maple. I mean he has never hit well but seriously he is terrible. If he keeps making errors he will be sent down by All star break. He has 5 already and honestly I don't want to see him in the lineup right now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I said months ago it was a bad move trading Schumaker.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Anyone have a team checklist for Bowman?Saw that Wisdom and Piscotty have chrome autographs (both already have releases last year, and Piscotty signed in Bowman Sterling).Saw that Maness in is the set as well.Surely Rosenthal is in there?

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Lucky you, I only seem to pull Cubs autos, and it's the worst!

I actually lucked out with Bowman yesterday, pulled two Wisdom autos (refractor and base) and a Piscotty auto, and NO CUBS!!!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I was working today at Wainwrights game. After the hit a lady came up the stairs crying. I asked if she was alright and she responded she has been waiting her whole life to see a no hitter and thought today was her day. I was really hoping to see it too. But had a feeling it was going to go away in the 9th. 7 1/3 no hit baseball is impressive.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I was working today at Wainwrights game. After the hit a lady came up the stairs crying. I asked if she was alright and she responded she has been waiting her whole life to see a no hitter and thought today was her day. I was really hoping to see it too. But had a feeling it was going to go away in the 9th. 7 1/3 no hit baseball is impressive.

Nice story.Any new Descalso?Is Gast going to start now?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Nice story.Any new Descalso?Is Gast going to start now?
Nothing new on the Descalso front. I need to contact you to get something going on the cards we talked about. I have just been waiting for something nice to pop up and its yet to happen. I have a piece in mind that I want but I doubt that I will be able to add it to my collection or if it will even be auctioned (more on that later). This week is going to be insanely busy for me with wor/school/social functions lololol. I really need to add the 2013 Pink Descalso to my collection but one has not come up for sale recently. I may add a game used piece of Descalso soon, for my graduation present but im not sure.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Just a heads up to anyone in The STL area. Seth Maness will be signing autographs tomorrow May 18th from 10:30-12:00 for 10.00 at St Louis Sports Company inside Chesterfield Mall.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
MujicaIP_zps79025c36.jpg

Got this Mujica done at a free local signing yesterday. Wish I had more than just one card, as he signed everything and was very nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts