Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but that's pretty stupid of Topps to stamp the card right where his signature is--upper corner would have been appropriate.

Boggs red refractor arrived in the mail last week.Jay Superfractor in hand as well.

Which Jay Super?

'06 Bowman Chrome Draft true rookie.I could be wrong, but I think the '10 Bowman Chrome may have sold last year as well.I know the Craig sold for sure.I also bought Craig's Topps Chrome red refractor autograph--and most importantly, it's fairly well centered and the signature looks clean.

Did you buy the Carpenter Superfractor that sold last month?I put a bid on it, but got blown away on it.

That 06 Jay has made some rounds! I've seen it in person owned by 3 different people. I almost bought it a couple of times. Wish I had pulled the trigger!

I missed the Carpenter....out of town, power went down at home and the snipe didn't go off. What did it end up going for?

Well, this figures to be the last stop it makes unless I hit rock bottom or something.I plan on keeping it forever, but you never know.I bought it from someone in Arnold or some suburb of the STL.I saw the seller rejected 13 offers or something, so knew I had to go in high on it to get it.I probably would have given more for it, but he took my first offer and 4-5 days later the beauty was in my possesion.I remember it sold around last July or August for $275 or so, but I couldn't pull the trigger on it.

Carpenter Superfractor was listed right after he was called up.It sold for $265 or so, much higher than I thought it would go for, especially since the seller screwed up the heading for the listing.It read "2010 BOWMAN CHROME SUPERFACTOR" or some other wrong listing.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but that's pretty stupid of Topps to stamp the card right where his signature is--upper corner would have been appropriate.

Boggs red refractor arrived in the mail last week.Jay Superfractor in hand as well.

Which Jay Super?

'06 Bowman Chrome Draft true rookie.I could be wrong, but I think the '10 Bowman Chrome may have sold last year as well.I know the Craig sold for sure.I also bought Craig's Topps Chrome red refractor autograph--and most importantly, it's fairly well centered and the signature looks clean.

Did you buy the Carpenter Superfractor that sold last month?I put a bid on it, but got blown away on it.

That 06 Jay has made some rounds! I've seen it in person owned by 3 different people. I almost bought it a couple of times. Wish I had pulled the trigger!

I missed the Carpenter....out of town, power went down at home and the snipe didn't go off. What did it end up going for?

Well, this figures to be the last stop it makes unless I hit rock bottom or something.I plan on keeping it forever, but you never know.I bought it from someone in Arnold or some suburb of the STL.I saw the seller rejected 13 offers or something, so knew I had to go in high on it to get it.I probably would have given more for it, but he took my first offer and 4-5 days later the beauty was in my possesion.I remember it sold around last July or August for $275 or so, but I couldn't pull the trigger on it.

Carpenter Superfractor was listed right after he was called up.It sold for $265 or so, much higher than I thought it would go for, especially since the seller screwed up the heading for the listing.It read "2010 BOWMAN CHROME SUPERFACTOR" or some other wrong listing.

Yeah, Adamsince1981 owned it, I almost bought from him. The guy from Arnold does shows up in St Louis and I almost swung a deal with him last fall.

As for the Carpenter, my snipe would have maxed on it at 180...which I thought was a stretch.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
[quote="SINFULONE":3qqqf2c5]

Which Jay Super?

Yeah, Adamsince1981 owned it, I almost bought from him. The guy from Arnold does shows up in St Louis and I almost swung a deal with him last fall.

As for the Carpenter, my snipe would have maxed on it at 180...which I thought was a stretch.[/quote:3qqqf2c5]

I don't think Jay will ever be anything more than a 4th OF, but he's a solid player.Have you seen '08 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket autograph or '10 Topps Chrome Jay Superfractor autograph?

That's about what my max bid on the Carpenter was.Don't you own the Vasquez, Ferrera, and Norrick Superfractors too?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
[quote="rookieaddict":144hryqc][quote="SINFULONE":144hryqc]

Which Jay Super?

As for the Carpenter, my snipe would have maxed on it at 180...which I thought was a stretch.[/quote:144hryqc]

I don't think Jay will ever be anything more than a 4th OF, but he's a solid player.Have you seen '08 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket autograph or '10 Topps Chrome Jay Superfractor autograph?

That's about what my max bid on the Carpenter was.Don't you own the Vasquez, Ferrera, and Norrick Superfractors too?[/quote:144hryqc]

I've not seen the Contender to the Topps Chrome. Haven't really been looking for them though. I generally stick to 1st Chromes only.

I've got Descalso, Vasquez, Norrick, Nick Longmire, Arquimedes Nieto, and a few guys that have been released. Adamsince1981 has the Ferarra.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Sweet mailday for sure!

First a couple Wongs. Wasn't wild about the pick at first, I'm coming around.

wongs.jpg

Not sure if any of you follow @USABaseball on Twitter or not, but this is proof that you should! They're having a great contest Called USA Baseball 9 Innings of Summer. They tweet a prize everyday and tell you which retweet number wins it. I won the 2nd day of the contest (Day 1 was a Bryce Harper Autographed Game Used Bat!). I lucked out and hit the only Cardinal in the contest. Got some Jon Jay Game Used batting gloves, used during the 2005 Collegiate season! Pretty sweet! They sent them out with a COA and a thank you for supporting USA Baseball.

Here's a link to info about the contest.

Here are some pics (sorry they're not clearer, taken with phone)

6EB8724D-orig.jpg
327EEAFB-orig.jpg

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Just picked up a Yadier Molina autographed ROMLB from Steinersports for 29.99 shipped. Seems like a good deal to me. It doesn't say it's one of those imperfection balls they sometimes list either. We'll see when I get it but it's not advertised as such. Shipping was going to be 8.99 but for some reason said I got an 8.99 discount. They may still have some if anyone else needs a Yadi ball. I checked the bay first and it looked like a decent deal.

Product Quantity Price
MOLIBAS000015 - Yadier Molina Autographed MLB Baseball 1 $29.99

Subtotal $29.99
Shipping $8.99
Discount -$8.99
Sales Tax $0.00
Grand Total $29.99

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
Sweet mailday for sure!

First a couple Wongs. Wasn't wild about the pick at first, I'm coming around.

wongs.jpg

Not sure if any of you follow @USABaseball on Twitter or not, but this is proof that you should! They're having a great contest Called USA Baseball 9 Innings of Summer. They tweet a prize everyday and tell you which retweet number wins it. I won the 2nd day of the contest (Day 1 was a Bryce Harper Autographed Game Used Bat!). I lucked out and hit the only Cardinal in the contest. Got some Jon Jay Game Used batting gloves, used during the 2005 Collegiate season! Pretty sweet! They sent them out with a COA and a thank you for supporting USA Baseball.

Here's a link to info about the contest.

Here are some pics (sorry they're not clearer, taken with phone)

6EB8724D-orig.jpg
327EEAFB-orig.jpg

Damn, your collection keeps getting nicer and nicer.Forgot to add I bought the Walters Superfractor too.I don't think he'll ever stick with the team, but at least it was cheap.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
Damn, your collection keeps getting nicer and nicer.Forgot to add I bought the Walters Superfractor too.I don't think he'll ever stick with the team, but at least it was cheap.

You and I need to work together on future supers so we don't price each other out! :D

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

You and I need to work together on future supers so we don't price each other out! :D

Ha.I own a couple other Cardinals Superfractors.Topps, annoyingly, has put white/black borders on some of the Superfractors now, so if you see any with the crappy borders then you can have them.Leave it to Topps to try to fix something that's not broken.

Are you going to try to snag the Lynn Superfractor?It's been listed at $2000 plus for awhile now and no bites.I remember years ago the Walters Superfractor was listed for around $2000 or so and never sold.I thought I'd never get a shot at it again, but he listed it and I picked it up for a fraction of that.At one point there was a big Walters fan who had the whole rainbow.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

Ha.I own a couple other Cardinals Superfractors.Topps, annoyingly, has put white/black borders on some of the Superfractors now, so if you see any with the crappy borders then you can have them.Leave it to Topps to try to fix something that's not broken.

Are you going to try to snag the Lynn Superfractor?It's been listed at $2000 plus for awhile now and no bites.I remember years ago the Walters Superfractor was listed for around $2000 or so and never sold.I thought I'd never get a shot at it again, but he listed it and I picked it up for a fraction of that.At one point there was a big Walters fan who had the whole rainbow.

Yeah, I think it was AdamLindFan, or something like that. I tried to get the Walters years ago and he wasn't budging much. As for the Lynn, probably not. Can't shell that money for what looks like a set up/long reliever.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

Yeah, I think it was AdamLindFan, or something like that. I tried to get the Walters years ago and he wasn't budging much. As for the Lynn, probably not. Can't shell that money for what looks like a set up/long reliever.

His eBay ID is crazylindfan or something.I didn't really expect him to accept my offer for it, but I guess he got tired of hanging onto it once he realized Walters wasn't performing that well.Were you a player on the Miller Superfractor?I put in a bid the 3rd or 4th time it was listed, but got smoked on it.I didn't think it would sell for that much.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

His eBay ID is crazylindfan or something.I didn't really expect him to accept my offer for it, but I guess he got tired of hanging onto it once he realized Walters wasn't performing that well.Were you a player on the Miller Superfractor?I put in a bid the 3rd or 4th time it was listed, but got smoked on it.I didn't think it would sell for that much.

Would have loved to, I can't operate at that level though. If ebay ever lets me back on to sell I might be able to get up there, but since I got the boot I'm sitting on way too much inventory.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
[quote="SINFULONE":2qwbkj31]Damn, your collection keeps getting nicer and nicer.Forgot to add I bought the Walters Superfractor too.I don't think he'll ever stick with the team, but at least it was cheap.

Would have loved to, I can't operate at that level though. If ebay ever lets me back on to sell I might be able to get up there, but since I got the boot I'm sitting on way too much inventory.[/quote:2qwbkj31]

How/why did you get booted?If they try to get Bell like I think they will the Padres will want Miller, so it could be a blessing in disguise neither of us won it.

You're in Springfield, right?If my friend doesn't back out we're going to the Cardinals game there later this month.Been to any games there?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
[quote="rookieaddict":dl5jcbwm][quote="SINFULONE":dl5jcbwm]Damn, your collection keeps getting nicer and nicer.Forgot to add I bought the Walters Superfractor too.I don't think he'll ever stick with the team, but at least it was cheap.

Would have loved to, I can't operate at that level though. If ebay ever lets me back on to sell I might be able to get up there, but since I got the boot I'm sitting on way too much inventory.[/quote:dl5jcbwm]

How/why did you get booted?If they try to get Bell like I think they will the Padres will want Miller, so it could be a blessing in disguise neither of us won it.

You're in Springfield, right?If my friend doesn't back out we're going to the Cardinals game there later this month.Been to any games there?[/quote:dl5jcbwm]

Booted because of a Colby Rasmus Bobblehead that was returned to my doorstep. Claim filed, refund made and that was that. Until I was indefinitely suspended a month later. Crazy stuff. I'm pretty much over it now.

There is no way we send Shelby to SD for Bell. Now, Colby for Bell might be a possibility.

I am in Springfield, go to quite a few games. It's a great place to watch a game!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
[quote="SINFULONE":svihjvo6][quote="rookieaddict":svihjvo6][quote="SINFULONE":svihjvo6]Damn, your collection keeps getting nicer and nicer.Forgot to add I bought the Walters Superfractor too.I don't think he'll ever stick with the team, but at least it was cheap.

Would have loved to, I can't operate at that level though. If ebay ever lets me back on to sell I might be able to get up there, but since I got the boot I'm sitting on way too much inventory.[/quote:svihjvo6]

You're in Springfield, right?If my friend doesn't back out we're going to the Cardinals game there later this month.Been to any games there?[/quote:svihjvo6]

Booted because of a Colby Rasmus Bobblehead that was returned to my doorstep. Claim filed, refund made and that was that. Until I was indefinitely suspended a month later. Crazy stuff. I'm pretty much over it now.

There is no way we send Shelby to SD for Bell. Now, Colby for Bell might be a possibility.

I am in Springfield, go to quite a few games. It's a great place to watch a game![/quote:svihjvo6]

Why was it returned to your doorstep?Sorry to hear about that.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Rasmus for Bell as long as he's not a rental.I think LHP relief is a big need too though.Still think the Padres would try to pry Miller away.Jay is more consistant, and plays a stronger OF right now, Rasmus is underachieving the same way Drew did for years.

We were planning the 7/26 game for the Carlton bobblehead.If we're driving that far I'd like some kind of souveneir or something.Aren't they still playing in Hammons Field?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
Why was it returned to your doorstep?Sorry to hear about that.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Rasmus for Bell as long as he's not a rental.I think LHP relief is a big need too though.Still think the Padres would try to pry Miller away.Jay is more consistant, and plays a stronger OF right now, Rasmus is underachieving the same way Drew did for years.

We were planning the 7/26 game for the Carlton bobblehead.If we're driving that far I'd like some kind of souveneir or something.Aren't they still playing in Hammons Field?

Was returned as "Undeliverable", which I understand to mean they left notices and they never got to it.

Yep still play at Hammons, great facility; only 8 years old now. Can usually buy G/A and sit anywhere. Bobblehead games are a little different though, they usually sell most of the seats. They open the gates 1 hr before gametime. I'm guessing I'll be at that one as well.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Everyone see Keith Law's Mid-Season Top 50 Prospects?
Shelby Miller #3
Carlos MArtinez #4
Tyrell Jenkins #47

Surprised to see Jenkins make the list, but I like it!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
rookieaddict said:
Everyone see Keith Law's Mid-Season Top 50 Prospects?
Shelby Miller #3
Carlos Martinez #4
Tyrell Jenkins #47

Surprised to see Jenkins make the list, but I like it!

Yes, damn awesome! Two top five prospects for our Cardinals.. oh man.

Members online

Latest posts