Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
Shelby was suspended for drinking, but there was a shouting match involved as well, basically behavior unbecoming...

A little more to it than that...Adam, I'll share details in person.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
Shelby was suspended for drinking, but there was a shouting match involved as well, basically behavior unbecoming...

I knew he was caught drinking, just didn't know how long he was suspended for.Did he not even return after that?I checked his stats weeks ago and didn't look like he pitched after August at all.Then again, I guess Springfield's season wrapped up the end of August.

I like how Miller elongated his signature from the plain "S. Miller" from his Donruss Elite Extra Edition cards.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
SINFULONE said:
Adamsince1981 said:

I knew he was caught drinking, just didn't know how long he was suspended for.Did he not even return after that?I checked his stats weeks ago and didn't look like he pitched after August at all.Then again, I guess Springfield's season wrapped up the end of August.

I like how Miller elongated his signature from the plain "S. Miller" from his Donruss Elite Extra Edition cards.

He came back after the suspension. He went 8 innings in his last start...0 earned, 9 K's.

I was very happy with how the plate turned out and his Auto is great.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
SINFULONE said:
Adamsince1981 said:

He came back after the suspension. He went 8 innings in his last start...0 earned, 9 K's.

I was very happy with how the plate turned out and his Auto is great.

The only nice Miller I have is his Topps Pro Debut patch, only 5 made.Have not seen anymore, though the 1/1 Futures Game booklet did surface months ago.Think it sold for $300-$400 or so.

What's disappointing with the Topps Pro Debut patch is, while they look nice from afar, in person they're really only made out of some cheap felt.Not even true thread patches, or at least mine isn't.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Bittersweet mailday...got a white whale and a broken slab.

Who ships a graded card in a PWE? Ebay seller buderflyz, that's who. Not an expensive card by any means, but one that definitely fit into my PC. We'll see how he handles it.

beee02b0.jpg

I've had a saved search on this one for two years, this is the first I'd seen pop up. May have overpaid but I couldn't let it get away.

yadigold.jpg

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Wainwright.jpg

Received in-person at a signing tonight. Couldn't be happier.

Also got Kyle McClellan on the sweetspot of a GU OMLB. But I only wanted Wainwright.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
Wainwright.jpg

Received in-person at a signing tonight. Couldn't be happier.

Also got Kyle McClellan on the sweetspot of a GU OMLB. But I only wanted Wainwright.

Great auto! If you're the photographer for a card with a pitcher following through wouldn't you at least have him drop the ball?

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
rookieaddict said:
Great auto! If you're the photographer for a card with a pitcher following through wouldn't you at least have him drop the ball?

You would think. I can tell from the background that the picture was taken at Roger Dean Stadium.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Braves get to face Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels.

We get to face Lucas Harrell, Wandy Rodriguez, and Henry Sosa.

This is the absolute best possible scenario for this point in the season.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
Ryan The Orange said:
Braves get to face Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels.

We get to face Lucas Harrell, Wandy Rodriguez, and Henry Sosa.

This is the absolute best possible scenario for this point in the season.

that damn charlie manuel is a lucky sob aint he? :twisted: