Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Busted a case of National Treasures today, pretty ehh. I need to stop looking at the sell sheets and being tempted by all the amazing stuff.

Got two cases of Heritage coming next week. I hope they are both loaded with Cardinals autos, because this year's set is going to KILL my wallet trying to get everything...I mean a Hank Aaron/Musial/Yaz triple auto #/5? Why Topps why???

What other Cardinals are on the auto checklist?

Couple of set hits.
98 Upper Deck Mark McGwire's Chase for 62
02-27-13b_zps1bf624a9.jpg

30 card set with the oversize card on the right. Less than $3 delivered.

99 McDonald's team set (16 cards) and 99 McDonald's Mark McGwire Milestones (9 cards)
02-27-13a_zps20ff19d1.jpg

Made by UD, different photos and players than the regular UD MVP set.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
What other Cardinals are on the auto checklist?

By my count there are 38 auto/relic/combo cards of Cardinals players this year. That's more than I'm missing for every year of Heritage up to this point haha

There's Groat, Gibson, Lynn, Freese and a couple other autos I forget offhand. I'm kind of bummed that there is so much Musial stuff in it this year considering 1963 was his last Topps card. Technically last year should have been his last year of cards in the set...

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Got a couple cards in this week for the auto PC. The Perez is an upgrade, so I have a 07 xfractor if anyone is interested

bauta_zps6ff1702e.jpg
perez-1_zpsd377f7a3.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I am done with this hobby.Got screwed on a trade by waintrain, just isn't worth it anymore.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I am done with this hobby.Got screwed on a trade by waintrain, just isn't worth it anymore.

Don't let one bad seed ruin it for you. Waintrain was a kid about my age I think and always seemed like the type that would screw someone in a trade. I traded low end with him and he delivered on it but I'm not sure what your deal with him was. I would contact Chris get him banned and keep collecting. What was waintrain supposed to send?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Don't let one bad seed ruin it for you. Waintrain was a kid about my age I think and always seemed like the type that would screw someone in a trade. I traded low end with him and he delivered on it but I'm not sure what your deal with him was. I would contact Chris get him banned and keep collecting. What was waintrain supposed to send?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

After making one successful trade with him, we reached another agreement.Send cards, never got mine.PM'd him twice, never heard back.Later found out other members have had trouble with him and he was booted from Blowout.Never got the sense he was a kid.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Other things happened to, like job being eliminated.Cards just aren't that important anymore.

Ouch. That sucks. Hope you get back on your feet soon! Cards may not seem important right now, but I wouldn't just dump everything. Hang onto some of the ones that mean the most/would be hard to replace. Obviously do what you feel is best for you, but I feel it's always good to take a step back and make sure you are making the right one, dont regret making a rash decision...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ouch. That sucks. Hope you get back on your feet soon! Cards may not seem important right now, but I wouldn't just dump everything. Hang onto some of the ones that mean the most/would be hard to replace. Obviously do what you feel is best for you, but I feel it's always good to take a step back and make sure you are making the right one, dont regret making a rash decision...

Yeah, don't want to make a rash decision, but other bills have been coming in too.I took a ton of base just sitting around to Goodwill last week.It's a pain to move them, all they do is just take up room.I'm going to apply for some jobs up your way this week.What do you know about Ames?Heard it's a good place to live, just dread the winters though.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Yeah, don't want to make a rash decision, but other bills have been coming in too.I took a ton of base just sitting around to Goodwill last week.It's a pain to move them, all they do is just take up room.I'm going to apply for some jobs up your way this week.What do you know about Ames?Heard it's a good place to live, just dread the winters though.

I don't frequent Ames much, can't remember the last time I was there. Wouldn't say it's a bad place to raise a family. It's definitely more of a rural/agriculture vibe than Iowa City is, but Des Moines is just down the road, which offers a lot of variety. D League basketball, AAA baseball, Adventureland (think Six Flags on a smaller scale), lots of surrounding suburbs with shopping. I know DM has worked a lot on revitalizing the downtown, which seems to be coming along quite well. There's also at least one monthly card show there and a handful of sports card shops. Also close to Omaha and Minneapolis. I'd never live in Ames, but that's my choice. Just not my scene.

Iowa winters really aren't THAT bad. Last year it snowed semi heavy once. This year it's been pretty steady with snow the past month. But it's usually in the 30's most of the winter season. There will be some stretches of pretty cold stuff, but it's not that bad. But then again, I love winter and have been here pretty much all my life, so I'm a bit biased.

Regardless, hope it works out for the best!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I don't frequent Ames much, can't remember the last time I was there. Wouldn't say it's a bad place to raise a family. It's definitely more of a rural/agriculture vibe than Iowa City is, but Des Moines is just down the road, which offers a lot of variety. D League basketball, AAA baseball, Adventureland (think Six Flags on a smaller scale), lots of surrounding suburbs with shopping. I know DM has worked a lot on revitalizing the downtown, which seems to be coming along quite well. There's also at least one monthly card show there and a handful of sports card shops. Also close to Omaha and Minneapolis. I'd never live in Ames, but that's my choice. Just not my scene.

Iowa winters really aren't THAT bad. Last year it snowed semi heavy once. This year it's been pretty steady with snow the past month. But it's usually in the 30's most of the winter season. There will be some stretches of pretty cold stuff, but it's not that bad. But then again, I love winter and have been here pretty much all my life, so I'm a bit biased.

Regardless, hope it works out for the best!

Thanks for info.Unfortunately, Ames area is one of the better area's with jobs in my field.I grew up in MO, so I'm used to bad winters.Still a little warmer there in winter.I put in application yesterday, so hopefully I'll make my way up there soon.

Did you see these?

2010 Bowman Chrome Shelby Miller Superfractor 1 1 Autograph RC Cardinals Future | eBay

2010 Bowman Chrome Shelby Miller Auto 3 5 BGS 9 5 Red Refractor with 10 Auto | eBay

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Thanks for info.Unfortunately, Ames area is one of the better area's with jobs in my field.I grew up in MO, so I'm used to bad winters.Still a little warmer there in winter.I put in application yesterday, so hopefully I'll make my way up there soon.

Did you see these?

2010 Bowman Chrome Shelby Miller Superfractor 1 1 Autograph RC Cardinals Future | eBay

2010 Bowman Chrome Shelby Miller Auto 3 5 BGS 9 5 Red Refractor with 10 Auto | eBay

If you grew up in MO Ames should have a good vibe for you if you end up there. Like I said, not a bad place, just not my cup of tea.

I did see both, I think I'll still to a base auto for now, would have to sell A LOT to get either one haha. I'll take a high grade Musial rookie any day over those. If he doesn't pan out, thats a brutal lose at those prices!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts