Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krangry

Mar 6, 2012
There is currently a Descalso autographed bat on eBay. It says the bat is game used but I do not believe it was used by Descalso. First problem with it is it is a blonde bat, from all of the pics I have seen and videos he has always used a natural handle, black barrel bat (not counting his 07 card, that may have been a photo bat). Also there is a ball mark where the name usually is and that I do not believe to be common with left handed hitters. I will not be bidding on it. I know he was using Max Bats in 2009 because that is when mine is from and he said that he had not used the ones with silver stickers in awhile. That was last year, He used Max bats with Gold Stickers after that and now uses Marucci.

Gotta watch out with the ads, they say game used, but not by any certain player. Unless it states "used by descalso" i would assume its not used by him.

They had a Descalso bat for 200$ at busch last time i was there. Was SOOO close to picking it up.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
No 1/1 in 2004. The blues were in 05. Not sure about the night deal, may just be to beat the heat a little.

Blues were also in the update series ("series 3") only in 2004.
T45 Greg Maddux.jpg

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Gotta watch out with the ads, they say game used, but not by any certain player. Unless it states "used by descalso" i would assume its not used by him.

They had a Descalso bat for 200$ at busch last time i was there. Was SOOO close to picking it up.

I almost bought a Descalso bat for 200 there last year also. I decided its not worth it. I think the most I would pay is 150 unless it is WS used or I could link it to a HR or something.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
There is currently a Descalso autographed bat on eBay. It says the bat is game used but I do not believe it was used by Descalso. First problem with it is it is a blonde bat, from all of the pics I have seen and videos he has always used a natural handle, black barrel bat (not counting his 07 card, that may have been a photo bat). Also there is a ball mark where the name usually is and that I do not believe to be common with left handed hitters. I will not be bidding on it. I know he was using Max Bats in 2009 because that is when mine is from and he said that he had not used the ones with silver stickers in awhile. That was last year, He used Max bats with Gold Stickers after that and now uses Marucci.

I don't know anything about game used bats, but how many Descalso bats do you have?Does the one listed have any COA?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Blues were also in the update series ("series 3") only in 2004.
T45 Greg Maddux.jpg

I could have sworn I saw the blue 1/1's from that year, perhaps by looking at your sig before, somewhere on here.I think there is a Hernandez collector on here who posted his blue from that year too.That is odd they only made them for the Update series.Was Molina in the Update set, or Series 2 then?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I could have sworn I saw the blue 1/1's from that year, perhaps by looking at your sig before, somewhere on here.I think there is a Hernandez collector on here who posted his blue from that year too.That is odd they only made them for the Update series.Was Molina in the Update set, or Series 2 then?

Molina is in series 1. Card #324. Series 1 had 366 cards in it. Same goes for him not having a Bowman 1/1, wasn't in the right series.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I don't know anything about game used bats, but how many Descalso bats do you have?Does the one listed have any COA?
I have 1 descalso bat. But I have looked at others and as far as I can tell he has never used a blonde bat. Maybe wayyy early in his carrer. Hitters are taught to hit label up because the grain will bend the right way and not break a bat as often. So if it has right handed ball marks on a leftys bat something is wrong.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
BradThompson.jpg

Got this back today. I was a big fan of Thompson back when he was on the Cardinals. Currently a member of the Twins AA, just coming back from injury.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Got these today.
Not such a major pick up, but I needed the fleet platinum RC and I really liked the full auto on the DMV card.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1339168887.599536.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1339168887.599536.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 20

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Congrats to Joe Kelly on his debut, did well getting out of jams. Had to move one from the prospect stash to the PC.

2009kelly.jpg

Krangry

Mar 6, 2012
So i went to the Cards game yesterday, and stopped by the authentics shop per the norm, and to my surprise they had a whole new bunch of bats. So along with my hilarious sunburn on my face I came home with this. Safe to say i walked around the park like a little child with this all day.

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
So i went to the Cards game yesterday, and stopped by the authentics shop per the norm, and to my surprise they had a whole new bunch of bats. So along with my hilarious sunburn on my face I came home with this. Safe to say i walked around the park like a little child with this all day.

IMG_0201.jpg

Great pick up!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts