Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
65th different Yadi RC!

bc6a.jpg

Which completes the BC Rainbow since there were no Reds of Superfractors

bc5.jpg
bc6.jpg

bc7.jpg
bc8.jpg

Yes, there were 1/1 red refractors that year.I could have sworn probably 2 years ago I saw the red refractor sell, it went for a ton if I'm not mistaken.

Nope, the reds were only made for draft cards 1-175. The Yadier is out of BC, which did not have red Refractors

I could have sworn I saw the Molina red refractor on eBay 2 years ago.Where did you hear red refractors were only in Bowman Chrome Draft?

You know more about vintage cards than I do, I have a bunch of '70s commons on my Diamond Topps profile.How many commons do you think would be fair to trade for a '68 Topps Gibson?I think I found a Forsch rookie I'd like to have in my collection.All of a sudden, some of these vintage cards are calling my name.

The Lankford is not numbered but says 1 of 10,000 on the back and I rarely come across any from the set. The Jefferies is from Series II '95 Upper Deck. It's a five card set and each card could be redeemed for 9 cards from a 45-card update set. The other 4 are Orel Hershiser, Terry Pendleton, Benito Santiago and Kevin Brown. I've probably come across 5 Santiago's and Brown's over the years but this is first Jefferies. I think both "book" for $1, but are examples of those cards you never happen to come across.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Benson said:
The Lankford is not numbered but says 1 of 10,000 on the back and I rarely come across any from the set. The Jefferies is from Series II '95 Upper Deck. It's a five card set and each card could be redeemed for 9 cards from a 45-card update set. The other 4 are Orel Hershiser, Terry Pendleton, Benito Santiago and Kevin Brown. I've probably come across 5 Santiago's and Brown's over the years but this is first Jefferies. I think both "book" for $1, but are examples of those cards you never happen to come across.

Yeah, I think those cards are numbered to 10000 on the back.I think they may be hobby exclusive though.Bronze, silver, and gold versions were made, I think I hit 2-3 of those inserts a hobby box, did not know Lankford was in the set.If the player on the card won the award stated on the front you could redeem the card for some foil card or some other insert.

What insert set is the Jeffries from?I remember UD put Predictor cards in packs, and UD CC put those You Crash The Game inserts in packs.I remember I had a couple NBA winner cards from the Predictor set, redeemed them, and got some cool TV cel inserts back.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
I could have sworn I saw the Molina red refractor on eBay 2 years ago.Where did you hear red refractors were only in Bowman Chrome Draft?

You know more about vintage cards than I do, I have a bunch of '70s commons on my Diamond Topps profile.How many commons do you think would be fair to trade for a '68 Topps Gibson?I think I found a Forsch rookie I'd like to have in my collection.All of a sudden, some of these vintage cards are calling my name.

Pulled up pack odds, and double checked the Beckett checklist along with it.

I just started getting into vintage so my knowledge is young, but based on what I've seen on the diamond site i'd try overwhelming someone with a bunch of them to try and get them to bite. To get it done I'd probably offer anything you don't plan on having shipped to you. The Gibson isn't a super expensive card ($10 in EX condition), and who knows what the condition will be off the site.

I think I've got a extra forsch if you're interested

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

I just started getting into vintage so my knowledge is young, but based on what I've seen on the diamond site i'd try overwhelming someone with a bunch of them to try and get them to bite. To get it done I'd probably offer anything you don't plan on having shipped to you. The Gibson isn't a super expensive card ($10 in EX condition), and who knows what the condition will be off the site.

Have you had any of the cards shipped to you?I just made several trade offers, some vintage and some not.Last week I tried getting rid of the codes, no one wanted them, so I just redeemed them and am glad I did.It's a blast going through all the cards, I'm finding several players on there I never even knew played for the Cardinals.It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be.My buddy is putting together a '72 set, so I got a few commons to give to him as well.

I thought $1.75 a code was fair to ask, but screw it.There's more enjoyment unlocking the codes and trading for your favorite team anyway.And there's no Paypal fees.I've never really been interested in vintage cards, but seeing the cards available really makes me want them for some reason.I many want a Forsch later, will try to trade for one for now.What condition is yours in?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

Have you had any of the cards shipped to you?I just made several trade offers, some vintage and some not.Last week I tried getting rid of the codes, no one wanted them, so I just redeemed them and am glad I did.It's a blast going through all the cards, I'm finding several players on there I never even knew played for the Cardinals.It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be.My buddy is putting together a '72 set, so I got a few commons to give to him as well.

I thought $1.75 a code was fair to ask, but screw it.There's more enjoyment unlocking the codes and trading for your favorite team anyway.And there's no Paypal fees.I've never really been interested in vintage cards, but seeing the cards available really makes me want them for some reason.I many want a Forsch later, will try to trade for one for now.What condition is yours in?

I never had anything worth shipping, but heard it was expensive. As for your buddie's 72 set, I've got about 75% of a set here if he needs any. Trying to sell for a buddy, but prices would be very reasonable.

I'll check on the forsch for you

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

I never had anything worth shipping, but heard it was expensive. As for your buddie's 72 set, I've got about 75% of a set here if he needs any. Trying to sell for a buddy, but prices would be very reasonable.

I won a "vintage" pack (probably '88 Topps crap) from a dig, and I heard you could have 25 cards shipped for free as long as you had a prize as well.So, as long as I get the crap pack sent there should be no shipping fees.

I'll ask him, but I doubt he needs that much.How much was your friend asking for them?

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:
SINFULONE said:

I won a "vintage" pack (probably '88 Topps crap) from a dig, and I heard you could have 25 cards shipped for free as long as you had a prize as well.So, as long as I get the crap pack sent there should be no shipping fees.

I'll ask him, but I doubt he needs that much.How much was your friend asking for them?

I had won a vintage pack and it ended up being a 78, was very pleased.

Depends on what cards they are and what condition. He's got me trying to move his collection for him that was 95% 80-90's junk, the partial 72 set is about all he's got to sell. Just let me know what he's looking for and we'll find a fair price.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Totally random, but whenever I think St. Louis cards I think of this one:

f-9237.jpg
b-9237.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Famous Fabrics and I've got so many better cards representing St. Louis but this is always the first that comes to mind.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Mail

Panels are tough to get any grade other than "Authentic"; pretty happy to find one.

$(KGrHqR,!iwE8MSwwwegBPJdrREUCw~~60_12.JPG
$(KGrHqF,!hcE7VBoJS9zBPJdoITMd!~~60_12.JPG

Those are some sweet cards.The Coleman is one of the cut out cards on the bottom of the box, right?Does it look just like the base card?I've never seen that before, that is really nice.I have a Griffey from the Hostess set, but never got the Lankford.Nice.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
SINFULONE said:
George_Calfas said:
Mail

Panels are tough to get any grade other than "Authentic"; pretty happy to find one.

Those are some sweet cards.The Coleman is one of the cut out cards on the bottom of the box, right?Does it look just like the base card?I've never seen that before, that is really nice.I have a Griffey from the Hostess set, but never got the Lankford.Nice.
The pack inserted Coleman is cropped just below the bat and is more of a close up image.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
George_Calfas said:
SINFULONE said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1t7cplso]Mail

The pack inserted Coleman is cropped just below the bat and is more of a close up image.[/quote:1t7cplso]

Aren't the O-Pee-Chee cards some Candadian version too?I like the red background at the top?I know the Topps had just the black background, but is the red O-Pee-Chee, or did the box panels have those?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
onionring9 said:
Totally random, but whenever I think St. Louis cards I think of this one:

f-9237.jpg
b-9237.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Famous Fabrics and I've got so many better cards representing St. Louis but this is always the first that comes to mind.

That......is.............awesome!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Anybody looking at working on the Target Red border set? Looks pretty sharp for the Cardinals, and having the World Series Highlights cards are a plus (no Pujols in Series One is a BIG minus). Pulled this Yadi, and it's available of someone needs it.

yadi.jpg

Members online

Latest posts