Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Some of my recent pickups. Ticket stubs and the newspaper poster ( I had one laminated and the other I kept as newspaper) All of the ticket stubs are there except the June 6th, Astros ticket (its on the way thanks to the Head Of Box Office Operations at Minute Maid Park) also picked up the 2011 Bowman Chrome Orange /25. Brings me down to 5 cards on my needs list for 100% completion. Can not believe how far this collection has come. It is crazy. I need another game used bat though, so that I can 1 up waintrain XD!!!!!!!!
DSCN4178.jpg OrangeDes33.jpg

Krangry

Mar 6, 2012
I really hope the Cardinals aren't on their way to doing their best Reds impression... I'd rather get swept out like the Yankees than be up 3-1 and choke...

Our offense is so hit and miss, even if we do manage to show up tomorrow the Tigers are going to have their way with us i fear.
Really need to pick it up.

Yadier2004

Aug 27, 2012
Missouri
Reminds me off the 1996 season up 3-1 on Braves & blow it in LaRussa's first year as Cardinals manager!

Sent from my MB865 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Reminds me off the 1996 season up 3-1 on Braves & blow it in LaRussa's first year as Cardinals manager!

Sent from my MB865 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I was thinking the same thing right after the game.Major disappointment that year.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I contacted the person who bought it and asked them what the serial number was, as it wasn't stated in the listing. It was *shock* #4/20. I asked the buyer if it had a small white pinprick mark on the back, which it did. I told him to return it and get his money back. He did. It then got relisted again, still with the same patch. I decided to take matters into my own hands, which almost blew up in my face. I made sure I won the listing when it was auctioned off again. I paid for it and when I got the card confirmed it was the same card I bought with the fake patch the first time around. I contacted eBay to let them know it was the same card that had been faked previous, and that the seller needed to be banned again (he already had lost his previous selling account). When I filed a claim stating that the card was fake, it was escalated and sided IN FAVOR OF THE SELLER. I about crapped my pants when this happened. I fortunately got on the phone with someone at eBay who was able to reserve the decision and I got my money back. THE BEST PART is that I never returned the card, thus keeping it out of circulation so the seller couldn't fake it a third time.[/QUOTE

Is it mandatory these days to get a scan of the back of the card before bidding on patches anymore?What was his ID?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I got my June 6th ticket stubs (Descalso HR) the Astros guy sent me however they have SAMPLE SOUV (im guessing means Souviner) written really big on the back of each of them, which kind of sucks. I guess since it is PC and I can not track down any others it will have to work. He did send me 2 stubs though, one on box office stock and the other on season ticket stock which was cool since I did not ask for that! I guess they did it because they probably have a ticket return program like the frontier league team by me where if you dont use them, you can get vouchers for a game in the future. I know I sound like ajerk when I say im not happy with them since it was fre, you cant beat free but I am going to try to find one without writing on it

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
That's pretty cool. I'd never heard of Burger Chef before, is this pretty rare?

Would you leave them intact, or pull them out?I have some discs like that earlier in this thread that are oversized, and then won't fit in top loaders.Can't even display them.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Some of my recent pickups. Ticket stubs and the newspaper poster ( I had one laminated and the other I kept as newspaper) All of the ticket stubs are there except the June 6th, Astros ticket (its on the way thanks to the Head Of Box Office Operations at Minute Maid Park) also picked up the 2011 Bowman Chrome Orange /25. Brings me down to 5 cards on my needs list for 100% completion. Can not believe how far this collection has come. It is crazy. I need another game used bat though, so that I can 1 up waintrain XD!!!!!!!!
View attachment 7606 View attachment 7607

Astros just gave you an unused ticket?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Always up for showing this off. I bought it with the Slaughter and had the other two sign it. This was a few years ago.

cards.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Always up for showing this off. I bought it with the Slaughter and had the other two sign it. This was a few years ago.

cards.jpg

Wow, you can even make out every letter in all 3 signatures too.Schoendienst must take at least 30 seconds to sign his name to anything.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Astros just gave you an unused ticket?

yes, i sent an email through Astros.com and the head of box office operations sent me an email asking for my address, got the stubs today.h Sent a box office ticket and a season ticket holder ticket from June 6th, 2012. They are wrote on on the back SAMPLE SOUV so i probably wont have it signed.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
yes, i sent an email through Astros.com and the head of box office operations sent me an email asking for my address, got the stubs today.h Sent a box office ticket and a season ticket holder ticket from June 6th, 2012. They are wrote on on the back SAMPLE SOUV so i probably wont have it signed.

Yeah, I went to a game with a friend/season ticket holder awhile back, and the ticket he had looked a lot nicer than the ordinary ticket I got at the box office.Did not know "sample" was printed on the back of them though.

Members online

Latest posts