Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
6-14-13
Whitey Herzog free public signing

Whitey Herzog 4/2 Gameday Magazine, 8x10 (for friend); he gave me two signed promotional 8x10s

HerzogGameday_zpsda41ad1a.jpg

HerzogPromo_zpsa972c24e.jpg

HerzogCoco_zpsb6a4b088.jpg

Nice!

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Got the lady and myself some nice seats for the game tonight for her birthday - Second row behind the cardinals dugout. A win would have been nice, but it was pretty awesome regardless!!!ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371964092.100025.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371964123.836318.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371964149.803886.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371964169.018817.jpg

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I was wondering if you added any new pickups?Anyone else?Been quiet lately.

I've been picking up cards here and there. Kind of switched gears a bit, and haven't really seen a whole lot that has intrigued me. I'm working on finding very specific cards that don't come up often to finish out my Heritage, Archives and Cardinals All-Star sets, and I have almost everything else I've been after, so it's just playing the waiting game. That and I've finally decided to get my cards organized, so I'm spending most nights watching games and collating 3200 count boxes haha

I did decide to put together a PSA 8 Musial basic card set, so that's been kinda of fun.

I was also thinking of putting together my own set of cut signature cards. I saw someone on the board who made some sweet ones, and thought it would be cool to have cards made for all the guys I want who don't have auto cards. Have to do some digging into details before that starts though.

I am hitting up the National in August. Anyone else going?

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Gorgeous Musial/Mantle?Yaztremski!Thought about picking one of those up before.How much do those run?They have sensitive borders, right?

Very sensitive borders. This one has some of the nicer borders that I've seen for sale recently, but there's a slight indentation on the upper right corner which will kill the overall grade when it goes to BGS. If it hadn't been for that I could have seen it coming back at least an 8.5...

I picked it up for about $800. There's a bunch for sale at $1000-1500 on eBay but none selling that high.

Now I just need the single signed Mantle to complete the collection.

Members online