Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Got this Martinez in today. Really like these Valiant's, really sharp cards. Really high quality stuff. I was going to hold off on Kolten Wong stuff til Draft came out, but I think I'll have to pick one of his Valiants up, maybe a Gast too.

martinez.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Martinez looks nice.Went to Wal-Mart today and picked up half dozen World Series Magazines from various distributers.Nothing too impressive, but hours of reading epic World Series run is money well spent.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Got another Martinez in yesterday. One of the few that I've seen where his Auto managed to stay on the card.
martinez2.jpg

Also added a Sutter PSA 7 RC
1977sutter.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Nice to see a Martinez signature that didn't run off the card.I won a signed Topps Finest Descalso red refractor yesterday.Won a Sanchez recently too.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
Added another World Series champion today... Took 103 days to get this one back.

Bruan.jpg

Awesome.I just got back L. Smith from the '82 team last week, though I didn't have any Cardinals cards of him.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
rookieaddict said:
Ryan The Orange said:
Added another World Series champion today... Took 103 days to get this one back.

Bruan.jpg

Are you putting together a autographed team set via TTM/IP?

Not really, I just through the mail and in person graphing in general. I do plan on sending to some more '82 members, though, because I have a ton of Cardinals cards from the late 70s and early 80s.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Got to meet Ricky Horton tonight. He spoke at my school's FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meeting. I got there right on time, so I didn't have a chance to get the 1986 Topps I brought signed, but still an awesome experience nonetheless.

He shared his testimony and told some good stories about interacting with Pujols, Holliday, Berkman, etc.

Personally, I like Horton a lot as an announcer. I think he does a great job.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
Got to meet Ricky Horton tonight. He spoke at my school's FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) meeting. I got there right on time, so I didn't have a chance to get the 1986 Topps I brought signed, but still an awesome experience nonetheless.

He shared his testimony and told some good stories about interacting with Pujols, Holliday, Berkman, etc.

Personally, I like Horton a lot as an announcer. I think he does a great job.

Send to team address, he'll send it back.He's a good signer.However, I think he's weak play by play, but OK as an analyst.I'd much rather listen to McGlaughlin on play by play, but when he's on college baseball, MLB for other networks, college football, etc. someone has to fill in.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Today's mail brought something I've wanted for a while. Have a couple scruffy raw copies, this is a really good looking 5 though!

1955boyer.jpg

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
pujols5hof said:
is the rumor true about albert from the thread started on here you local guys? :D

We shall see... the guy in STL who first reported it can be a attention ***** but he nailed the La Russa retirement before anyone else did!

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
RCRX said:
pujols5hof said:
is the rumor true about albert from the thread started on here you local guys? :D

We shall see... the guy in STL who first reported it can be a attention ***** but he nailed the La Russa retirement before anyone else did!

who was it?

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
RCRX said:
pujols5hof said:
RCRX said:
pujols5hof said:

who was it?

JC---http://www.kfvs12.com/story/16056556/st-louis-radio-station-reports-pujols-to-sign-with-cardinals

http://www.kmov.com/sports/baseball/Tru ... 92558.html

Doubt it, just because I figure nothing happens til the winter meetings are over. Lozano needs to prove to all his new clients that he can see things through.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
My Descalso collection is at an absolute standstill. It is crazy how many card I have had to watch go. I have not had the money. I am making 20 dollars tommorow and will probably pick up my first card from Finest. Hopefully I grab 2 or 3. I am supposed to get some money from recording football for my high school and I can promise Descalso collectors are going to be pissed when I get payed.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
My Descalso collection is at an absolute standstill. It is crazy how many card I have had to watch go. I have not had the money. I am making 20 dollars tommorow and will probably pick up my first card from Finest. Hopefully I grab 2 or 3. I am supposed to get some money from recording football for my high school and I can promise Descalso collectors are going to be pissed when I get payed.

Pretty cool that they've pretty much already said he'll be the second baseman next year.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
rookieaddict said:
PujolsCollector said:

Pretty cool that they've pretty much already said he'll be the second baseman next year.
Yup, according to Mozaliek he will start and Skip will be a backup. I think it will be great, I am guessing he will leadoff or bat right by the pitcher in the lower half of the line up. We dont know how Mike will handle the line up. Heard today that McKay, Petini, and someone else are not coming back.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
PujolsCollector said:
rookieaddict said:
PujolsCollector said:

Yup, according to Mozaliek he will start and Skip will be a backup. I think it will be great, I am guessing he will leadoff or bat right by the pitcher in the lower half of the line up. We dont know how Mike will handle the line up. Heard today that McKay, Petini, and someone else are not coming back.

aint it like duncan, mcgwire, lilliquist, aldrete, maloney

Members online

Latest posts