Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Would you be in favor of the DH?Which NLDS games you going to?

No.

No I wouldn't be.

I've been debating on getting NLDS tickets, I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

My work schedule is too screwed up to commit.

They're the cheapest right now that they will be. Come Wednesday, the prices are going to go up, especially if the Cubs win the Wild Card game.

If the Cardinals make the World Series, I'll be hanging out at Ballpark Village for sure.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No.

No I wouldn't be.

I've been debating on getting NLDS tickets, I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

My work schedule is too screwed up to commit.

They're the cheapest right now that they will be. Come Wednesday, the prices are going to go up, especially if the Cubs win the Wild Card game.

If the Cardinals make the World Series, I'll be hanging out at Ballpark Village for sure.

I wouldn't be opposed to it anymore.Going to be pissed if Jay or Kozma are on playoff roster.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My hatred for John Mozeliak is growing more and more as each trade deadline passes.

He literally does nothing but scrapes the bottom of the barrel and hopes it pans out.

I'm very angry at him, and even with the injuries, I blame this postseason loss on him, and on him alone.

The Cardinals lose their ace early in the season, and he literally does nothing. We had to rely on Marco, Carlos and the rest of the gang. Well, I said at the time, what if there was an injury or two? Um, well, I was right.

The offense needed a boost. Brandon Moss? He might as well have went and resigned McGwire to a deal.

Cardinals fans frustrate me with their blind loyalty. Mozeliak was wrong. He had been wrong at the deadline year in and year out, and it's cost the club.

If I could fire him right now I would.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Hey, Cardinals fans....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I
My hatred for John Mozeliak is growing more and more as each trade deadline passes.

He literally does nothing but scrapes the bottom of the barrel and hopes it pans out.

I'm very angry at him, and even with the injuries, I blame this postseason loss on him, and on him alone.

The Cardinals lose their ace early in the season, and he literally does nothing. We had to rely on Marco, Carlos and the rest of the gang. Well, I said at the time, what if there was an injury or two? Um, well, I was right.

The offense needed a boost. Brandon Moss? He might as well have went and resigned McGwire to a deal.

Cardinals fans frustrate me with their blind loyalty. Mozeliak was wrong. He had been wrong at the deadline year in and year out, and it's cost the club.

If I could fire him right now I would.

Yikes, tough crowd.By the time Martinez was shut down it was too late to trade for another starter.Rotation kicked ass all year even after Wainwright went down.What other 1B did you want?I don't like Moss either, but there just wasn't much available unless you want to dump 3-4 players for Lind.

Don't get why so many blame Matheny and Mozeliak every playoff loss, but the players always get a free pass.Holliday has never showed up in the playoffs.Garcia can't throw the damn ball to the bases for some reason.Wong and Peralta badly faded down the stretch.Carpenter doesn't hit anywhere but leadoff.Lackey gives up a RBI hit to the pitcher in Game 4 somehow.Every reliever got lit up despite being so reliable all year.Molina suffers freak injury at plate late in season.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I

Yikes, tough crowd.By the time Martinez was shut down it was too late to trade for another starter.Rotation kicked ass all year even after Wainwright went down.What other 1B did you want?I don't like Moss either, but there just wasn't much available unless you want to dump 3-4 players for Lind.

Don't get why so many blame Matheny and Mozeliak every playoff loss, but the players always get a free pass.Holliday has never showed up in the playoffs.Garcia can't throw the damn ball to the bases for some reason.Wong and Peralta badly faded down the stretch.Carpenter doesn't hit anywhere but leadoff.Lackey gives up a RBI hit to the pitcher in Game 4 somehow.Every reliever got lit up despite being so reliable all year.Molina suffers freak injury at plate late in season.

I'm not one to give anybody a pass, for anything. Except Yadi, he could kill a baby and I'd blame the infant.

Peralta takes too many lazy swings, Martinez is a headcase, Brandon Moss sucks balls, I've never been a fan of Holliday, Garcia should have been cut a long time ago, Wong is way better than I even imagined him being, Lackey is acceptable for his salary, Carpenter should ALWAYS bat leadoff.

I'm not too tough on Matheny. He has done an acceptable job, but does blunder quite often.

Mozeliak does great in the offseason, but acts as if he is handcuffed at the deadline.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm not one to give anybody a pass, for anything. Except Yadi, he could kill a baby and I'd blame the infant.

Peralta takes too many lazy swings, Martinez is a headcase, Brandon Moss sucks balls, I've never been a fan of Holliday, Garcia should have been cut a long time ago, Wong is way better than I even imagined him being, Lackey is acceptable for his salary, Carpenter should ALWAYS bat leadoff.

I'm not too tough on Matheny. He has done an acceptable job, but does blunder quite often.

Mozeliak does great in the offseason, but acts as if he is handcuffed at the deadline.

I'm sure Mozeliak wanted more at the deadline, but prices were high.Just aren't as many sellers as there used to be.Who are all these upgrades you wanted?And would you be willing to give up Piscotty and/or Reyes to get them?Matheny isn't perfect, but he still won 100 games in the toughest division with his best players missing significant time.I don't get a lot of the hate for Matheny and Mozeliak when their track record is pretty good.

I'd like to go after Davis to upgrade 1B.If not, then move Piscotty over there.Sign Upton or Cespedes if Heyward wants too much.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Cespedes is a bad seed. No way.

******* wearing the NL Champs shirt and goggles in the dugout before the game was even over. There's a reason he has been jumping teams the way he has.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I did not see that.I'd take him if it means we don't have to watch the same crappy offense next year.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm not too excited for this season to be honest.

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally down on Mozeliak and the organization for their lack of moves, and the piss poor ones they actually did make.

We deserve better.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I was bummed to see Lackey walk last year. Dude was overpowering last night. Don't really see Leake as an upgrade. Nice to see all the role players really come through. Sucks that Garcia had to be sent down for Tejada. Wainwright has been really bad. Maybe they snag a Wild Card, but I'm not really feeling it with this team this year.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Where is everyone? Picked up some goodies at Springfield game.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
These are really nice. I hope the 2011 is given away next year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

thatsawinner

Jun 4, 2013
attachment.php

Molina cards from want list.

Attachments

• Molina Sell 4.jpg
    Molina Sell 4.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 58

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
Thought today's mailday needed showing. Plus, this thread needed something added after almost a year.

Attachments

• Mailday 2017-07.jpg
    Mailday 2017-07.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Latest posts