Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Here's a little kick start...

97DonrussSignatureBlackAuto.jpg
97DonrussSignatureBlueAuto.jpg

97DonrussMilleniumMarksGreen.jpg
CenturyMarksAuto.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I used a random number generator to choose this card for today's post

36.jpg

Fleer Flair Hot Gloves #2

Will's also in the 1996 Hot Gloves subset, and I've always found the 1996 edition to be much more difficult to find. I'm not sure if that's just my random observation, or if they were seeded at a lower rate.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
ajw said:
I used a random number generator to choose this card for today's post

36.jpg

Fleer Flair Hot Gloves #2

Will's also in the 1996 Hot Gloves subset, and I've always found the 1996 edition to be much more difficult to find. I'm not sure if that's just my random observation, or if they were seeded at a lower rate.

They were a lot tougher and more desirable. The design on the 96 was much nicer.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I'm sure I've posted these before, but I'll do it again anyhow. About a year ago I finally got ot meet Will at an event held by the Giants AAA team here in Fresno. A fantastic day, Clark was having fun, talking to everyone, a truely great experience. I honestly felt like I was 8 years old when I shook his hand. Here's a couple of cards I had signed that day.

1995ToppsFinestJumboIPAuto.jpg

2005PrimePatchesPortraitsIPAuto.jpg

Me and my daughter with Clark
IMG_2588-1.jpg

My wife and son with Clark
IMG_2587-1.jpg

Clark signing my jacket
IMG_2589-1.jpg

My favorite piece to my collection, I had been trying to get it signed since 1990.
IMG_2592.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
ronfromfresno said:
I'm sure I've posted these before, but I'll do it again anyhow. About a year ago I finally got ot meet Will at an event held by the Giants AAA team here in Fresno. A fantastic day, Clark was having fun, talking to everyone, a truely great experience. I honestly felt like I was 8 years old when I shook his hand. Here's a couple of cards I had signed that day.

That's great, Ron! I've never had a chance to meet Will. He did tip his cap to me one day while he was taking infield at Milwaukee County Stadium during his first trip as a Ranger. That was pretty cool. I really do wonder if he's ever stumbled onto my website. (and if so, if he thinks I'm a crazy stalker!)

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
ajw said:
That's great, Ron! I've never had a chance to meet Will. He did tip his cap to me one day while he was taking infield at Milwaukee County Stadium during his first trip as a Ranger. That was pretty cool. I really do wonder if he's ever stumbled onto my website. (and if so, if he thinks I'm a crazy stalker!)

If he has come across your site I'm sure he would be cool with it. I named my son William for obvious reasons, and when we meet Clark my wife let Clark know that my son was named after him. He was very cool about it, gave my son a high five and told him it was a great name. When I got up to the table he thanked me for being a big fan and let me know that I had a nice family. Again, a very cool experience, Will took time to talk with everyone in line, including my son and daughter.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
2005PrimePatchesYearTag.jpg

This is one of my favorite cards, as it has the year tag from Will's jersey. As a note, 1988 was a typically great year during Will's peak. He led the league in walks and RBIs, played every game and led the league in plate appearances. He also led the league in intentional walks, demonstrating the respect he had earned around the league.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
ajw said:
2005PrimePatchesYearTag.jpg

This is one of my favorite cards, as it has the year tag from Will's jersey. As a note, 1988 was a typically great year during Will's peak. He led the league in walks and RBIs, played every game and led the league in plate appearances. He also led the league in intentional walks, demonstrating the respect he had earned around the league.

Great card Drew, you beat me out for that one on E-Bay a year or two ago, fantasitc card!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Wow, I guess this card is pretty rare, I haven't come across one in the past and it went pretty high.

[ebay:lhragdct]200343784896[/ebay:lhragdct]

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
Wow, I guess this card is pretty rare, I haven't come across one in the past and it went pretty high.

[ebay:3msdqpl2]200343784896[/ebay:3msdqpl2]

:lol: It's a broder (unlicensed) card. My goodness.

Members online