Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
cool t-shirt. Too bad they are all gone :(

I've got some extra Will Clark stuff available. Hit me up.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
A monster for me finally knocked off the need list.

0180680b-7073-40bc-a1a9-f6c8be4d1c60.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
The actual parallel is called "Reserve Collection". Silver Etched foil on the front and a little thicker than normal card stock with a big RC watermarked on the reverse. It comes from the Series 2 Hobby Reserve packs. Wasn't supposed to be a hard card to find, but it's one of the last Score cards I needed to complete the collection.

dd316

Dec 10, 2009
NJ
clarkfan said:
The actual parallel is called "Reserve Collection". Silver Etched foil on the front and a little thicker than normal card stock with a big RC watermarked on the reverse. It comes from the Series 2 Hobby Reserve packs. Wasn't supposed to be a hard card to find, but it's one of the last Score cards I needed to complete the collection.
Gotcha. I thought it was something super rare. I do have it, but thought I was missing something.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Just rare for me I guess :) It wasn't supposed to be a tough find, but I had a heck of a time doing so. Score was pretty confusing that year, so a lot of the variations get confused by both buyers and sellers, so it took COMC with the actual card pictured for me to find the exact one I was looking for.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
It's a spectacular find - gorgeous card!

It is rare because it's a parallel that's 1:11 packs out of an (attempted) semi-premium product where there are 20 packs in a box. Unlike the other Score parallels that year, these parallels were only found in Hobby Reserve packs.

But possibly what really makes it rare is that a lot of it likely went unopened. Hobby Reserve basically mirrors the Score Series II set which has no real (significant) RCs and the only star cards are subsets. An enormous number of the 221ish cards in the set are completely worthless no-names. Even in 1997 nobody wanted to shell out for these packs. It's a fantastic parallel in what is rightfully considered junk wax.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
My newest addition. I love the dual auto's especially with Mattingly. Clark has quite a few with him:

l.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
RustyGreerFan said:
It's a spectacular find - gorgeous card!

It is rare because it's a parallel that's 1:11 packs out of an (attempted) semi-premium product where there are 20 packs in a box. Unlike the other Score parallels that year, these parallels were only found in Hobby Reserve packs.

But possibly what really makes it rare is that a lot of it likely went unopened. Hobby Reserve basically mirrors the Score Series II set which has no real (significant) RCs and the only star cards are subsets. An enormous number of the 221ish cards in the set are completely worthless no-names. Even in 1997 nobody wanted to shell out for these packs. It's a fantastic parallel in what is rightfully considered junk wax.

I was working at a card shop when it came out... people HATED it. :lol:

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Hey guys.

I've been pretty quiet lately. Got married and haven't had much luck picking up many Will Clark items in the last few months.

I don't remember if I posted this earlier this summer, but my now wife invited Will to our wedding. Although he did not attend, he did return the response card with his own 1988 Topps card which he personalized for us. I really like that he wrote his name on the response card, as opposed to signing an autograph. The difference may not be dramatic, but it's obvious to those of us who are fans.

img191c.jpg

In addition to that gem, I also managed to add this one to my collection recently:

WillClarkCrayola.jpg

From what I can tell, this set is really rare. I've see Juan Gonzalez collectors go nuts for their guy. Amazingly, the seller had TWO of them in the same lot.

Crayola.jpg

dd316

Dec 10, 2009
NJ
ajw said:
Hey guys.

I've been pretty quiet lately. Got married and haven't had much luck picking up many Will Clark items in the last few months.

I don't remember if I posted this earlier this summer, but my now wife invited Will to our wedding. Although he did not attend, he did return the response card with his own 1988 Topps card which he personalized for us. I really like that he wrote his name on the response card, as opposed to signing an autograph. The difference may not be dramatic, but it's obvious to those of us who are fans.

img191c.jpg
That is too cool!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
dd316 said:
ajw said:
Hey guys.

img191c.jpg
That is too cool!
Thats Awesome.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I uploaded a couple more recent (well, last few months at least) pickups. I got another Rangers postcard. I really have no idea how to list these things. I'm sure someone out there knows what's what, but it isn't me...

RangersPostcard.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Any of you guys need a 91 Sports Heroes Postercard of Clark? I came across some unopened packs awhile back hoping to snag a Henderson. Up until then I never even heard of these before.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
One really interesting (and equally confusing) area of my player collection is the team-issued postcards. I have a bunch of them, but there are some for which I can't identify a maker or year of issue. I'm assuming those without sponsors are team-issued cards that would be inserted responses to fan mail and the like, but I'm not really sure.

Does anyone have any more information on the issues I haven't identified? I think most of the Rangers cards are blank-backed, but I need to check that. If I remember, one of the Orioles postcards has "2000" written in pencil on the back. I'll need to check that, too.

(I may give this its own thread too, as I'd love to see if any Rangers or Orioles collectors can help identify those team issues.)

Anyway, here's what I have:

1. 1986
1986GiantsPostcard.jpg

2. 1987
87GiantsPostcard.jpg

3. 1988
1988GiantsPostcard.jpg

None issued that I know of.

4. 1990
1990TeamPostcard.jpg

5. 1991
1991Postcard.jpg

6. 1991 (2)
1991Postcard2.jpg

7. 1992
1992Postcard.jpg

8. 1993
GiantsPostcard.jpg

9. 1993 (2)
1993TeamPostcardWillC.jpg

10. 1995 Crayola (I'm pretty sure about this one)
WillClarkCrayola.jpg

11. 1996 Dr. Pepper (maybe)
1996DrPepper.jpg

12. Unknown
RangersPhotoCard.jpg

13. Unknown
RangersPhotoCard1.jpg

14. Unknown Dr. Pepper
DrPepper.jpg

15. Unknown
RangersPostcard.jpg

16. Unknown
Will%20Clark%20Rangers%20Photocard.jpg

17. Unknown
OriolesCard.jpg

18. Unknown
OriolesCard1.jpg

I have one more Orioles postcard that I apparently haven't uploaded to my website. I'll try to do that in the next couple of days and update this post.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
ajw said:
One really interesting (and equally confusing) area of my player collection is the team-issued postcards. I have a bunch of them, but there are some for which I can't identify a maker or year of issue. I'm assuming those without sponsors are team-issued cards that would be inserted responses to fan mail and the like, but I'm not really sure.

Does anyone have any more information on the issues I haven't identified? I think most of the Rangers cards are blank-backed, but I need to check that. If I remember, one of the Orioles postcards has "2000" written in pencil on the back. I'll need to check that, too.

(I may give this its own thread too, as I'd love to see if any Rangers or Orioles collectors can help identify those team issues.)

Anyway, here's what I have:

15. Unknown
RangersPostcard.jpg

Drew, I have one just like this that I received as a response to an auto request in 1996 or 1997.

Members online