Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Anybody remember phone cards? Here's a promo from 1995. I got a bunch of different ones at the National back then. Took me forever to finaly get an Ozzie Smith for the PC, so in the meantime, I got a bunch of other guys, including this Clark.

clark3.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Greg Cleveland said:
Anybody remember phone cards? Here's a promo from 1995. I got a bunch of different ones at the National back then. Took me forever to finaly get an Ozzie Smith for the PC, so in the meantime, I got a bunch of other guys, including this Clark.

Interestingly, I've seen quite a few copies of the Clark promotional version, but only ever one of the regular issue. Mine came in the package, but was fairly beat up, so I took it out.

Did you find the regular version to be tougher for your Ozzie, as well?

95ClassicPhoneCard.jpg

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Who won the bat barrel? I'm frankly fairly surprised by the winning bid. Not shocked, but surprised. I really hope a player collector won it, as it deserves to be next to some other great Will cards!

Drew

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
ajw said:
Who won the bat barrel? I'm frankly fairly surprised by the winning bid. Not shocked, but surprised. I really hope a player collector won it, as it deserves to be next to some other great Will cards!

Drew

I know who it is. He overpaid by about 300 bucks. It's crazy sometimes but... that's how it goes. I've got a few full game bats for about $200.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Here's the link [ebay:69q7otcz]320336803626[/ebay:69q7otcz]

He's also been buying up alot of Clark stuff lately, he's out bid me on quite a few cards and bought a few from me. Deep pockets.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
ronfromfresno said:
Here's the link [ebay:2i19cka3]320336803626[/ebay:2i19cka3]

He's also been buying up alot of Clark stuff lately, he's out bid me on quite a few cards and bought a few from me. Deep pockets.

Thanks! Nice card....alot of money.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I figured I'd post in this thread where all the big Clark collectors are..

I am seriously considering buying a 1989 Topps Gallery of Champions Silver set to break for my Canseco and sell off the rest. What Im trying to do is get an idea if any of you guys are interested in the silver Clark and how much you'd be willing to pay for it if it did become available. I'm not looking to make a killing off these but rather help cut the cost of buying the whole set just for my guy. if any of you are interested you can just PM me.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
theplasticman said:
Ron - are either available? I need that card still.

They could be, for a large price though. I love the fact that they are name plate patches and they seem to match up, but anything is available.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Cool, there are 23 of them so they aren't super rare but I just never went after them very hard. I just want one really but am not willing to pay a zillion... I can wait if I have to :)

new pick up
1515SSSCHMIDTOZZIERYNO4LOGO1586.gif

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
theplasticman said:
Cool, there are 23 of them so they aren't super rare but I just never went after them very hard. I just want one really but am not willing to pay a zillion... I can wait if I have to :)

I understand, I paid $80 for one of them and around $75 for the other, within a week of each other. So I'd probably ask for around that or a little higher in trade or to sell.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Great stuff as always, guys. Ron, those patches are spectacular!

Here's an interesting variation in the 1988 Donruss set. If you look closely at the text at the bottom, you'll see that the font is different, and the card at the top is a little bit bolder, leading to fewer characters per line and, thus, different breaks on each line. I think it's a factory/wax variation, but I'm not certain.

88DonrussBackVariation.jpg

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Thanks Drew, now I have to sort through all of my 1988 doubles. :lol:

Did anyone see how high this 1999 Thunder Super Rave went for? $177 :shock:

[ebay:3bjh2t7h] 230322590585[/ebay:3bjh2t7h]

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
ronfromfresno said:
Thanks Drew, now I have to sort through all of my 1988 doubles. :lol:

Did anyone see how high this 1999 Thunder Super Rave went for? $177 :shock:

[ebay:5n3tu85p] 230322590585[/ebay:5n3tu85p]

Jeezus. I didn't see that. I saw that my bid was blown by, but I didn't bother to check the final hammer.

Wow.

Is it too late to start collecting Royce Clayton? Or Bryan Hickerson?

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Now I know why I collect Robby Thompson, William VanLandingham, Jason Grilli and Jay Canizaro as well as collecting Clark, that why I can buy a card like a super rave for one of them and not break the bank.

Members online