Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Here are some interesting parallels. These are 2001 Topps Employee cards. It's not easy to see on the scans, but these cards are embossed with a special stamp. I've heard they were limited to 151 sets and were given to Topps employees, though I'm not certain of that. Does anyone know more about this set?

2001ToppsEmployee.jpg
2001ToppsTradedEmployee.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
ajw said:
Here are some interesting parallels. These are 2001 Topps Employee cards. It's not easy to see on the scans, but these cards are embossed with a special stamp. I've heard they were limited to 151 sets and were given to Topps employees, though I'm not certain of that. Does anyone know more about this set?

2001ToppsEmployee.jpg
2001ToppsTradedEmployee.jpg

I've talked to several dealers and done some other research and that seems to be pretty accurate. They are really tough to find and sometimes are in rough shape... the gloss on the cards caused many of them to stick together. Peeling them apart = disaster.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
theplasticman said:
I've talked to several dealers and done some other research and that seems to be pretty accurate. They are really tough to find and sometimes are in rough shape... the gloss on the cards caused many of them to stick together. Peeling them apart = disaster.

I haven't noticed that, but the gloss does sort of break up right around the stamp marks, which isn't too surprising. I'm pretty sure I have an extra of at least one of these, perhaps both. I can check, if anyone needs one. Josh? Ron? (Is there anyone else out there?)

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
theplasticman said:
I've got 2-4 of each card including the team card.

I didn't know there was a team card. I don't generally target those, but I'd like to see a scan.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Greg Cleveland said:
Here's a lilttle oddball from the 90's. 1993 Diamond Marks bookmark. If anybody needs it, it's available.

I've always liked those cards. They have some great photography, and the tallboy size is a nice changeup from standard issues. Here's the relatively tough promo from the same set. They're sometimes confused, as they're not clearly marked. I recall an eBay seller that has recently had the regular issue for sale but listed as the promo.

cc.jpg

I should really take a look at and scan the backs of these, as I don't recall if they're identical or not...

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I've picked up most of Will's official team issue postcards in the last year or so. Here are a couple of them.

1986GiantsPostcard.jpg

1987 (just a terrible photo in my book)
87GiantsPostcard.jpg

1988GiantsPostcard.jpg

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
I SO HATED SEEING HIM GO UP AGAINST THE DODGERS...BUT AS A FAN , HE WAS A GREAT PLAYER

MY FEW THAT I HAVE OF HIM

AUGM-WC-WILL-CLARK.jpg

UGM-WC-WILL-CLARK.jpg
00CLARK.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
ajw said:
I've picked up most of Will's official team issue postcards in the last year or so. Here are a couple of them.

1986GiantsPostcard.jpg

1987 (just a terrible photo in my book)
87GiantsPostcard.jpg

1988GiantsPostcard.jpg

Do you know where to find more? I'm missing 86-88 and both 93.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
theplasticman said:
ajw said:
Do you know where to find more? I'm missing 86-88 and both 93.

There's actually a 1988 set on eBay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320338607812&mfe=sidebar

It's pretty rare to find these as singles, so you normally have to buy the whole set. They're not all that rare, and will show up on eBay every now and then. Be waned, though, as there are some crazy postcard collectors that can drop shockingly large bids on items they want.

I *might* have an extra from one of these sets, but I'm not sure...

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Drew in the sets that you have bought, post cards or otherwise, have you come across any Robby Thompson items that you want to trade or sell?

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Here's some Mother's Cookies Giants team set cards from the Clarks days with the Giants, I don't have any of the Ranger cards though.

1986 and 1987
1986GiantsMothersCookies.jpg
1987GiantsMothersCookies.jpg

1988 and 1989
1988GiantsMothersCookies.jpg
1989GiantsMothersCookies.jpg

1990 and 1991
1990GiantsMothersCookies.jpg
1991GiantsMothersCookies.jpg

1992 and 1993
1992GiantsMothersCookies.jpg
1993GiantsMothersCookies.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
theplasticman said:
ronfromfresno said:
ajw said:
ajw said:

Josh and Ron...did you guys fight over that one yesterday? Hopefully one of you snagged it!

I put a bid in, and lost by 11 cents. :lol:

Sorry ;)

I'll send you any of the other Giants you need/want. Should be a Robbie in the set right?

There should be a Robby and I'd need it, thanks!

Members online

Latest posts