4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	68624

Pulled a Will Clark 1996 Leaf Gold Press Proof today.

This is beside a bronze press proof for comparisons sake.

Views:	16 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	68625

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pull! I still remember being so excited as a kid anytime I pulled a Clark from a pack......even if it was simply a 90 Donruss.

Quote Originally Posted by maddux69 View Post

Views:	14 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	68624

Pulled a Will Clark 1996 Leaf Gold Press Proof today.

This is beside a bronze press proof for comparisons sake.

Views:	16 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	68625

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, who here picked up the 92 Ace Novelty Prototype? Pretty awesome to find a card so old that wasn't known to previously exist!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not I, I was in the $100 range.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Not I, I was in the $100 range.

Ryan
    I wish that there were some sort of checklist or something. This may very well be the most mysterious unreleased card in the 90s. The card numbers suggest there were hundreds of cards in the set.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    I wish that there were some sort of checklist or something. This may very well be the most mysterious unreleased card in the 90s. The card numbers suggest there were hundreds of cards in the set.
    I forget how many players were on the sheet. A few dozen?

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget how many players were on the sheet. A few dozen?

Ryan
    Probably so, but I believe some of these other cards were not on the sheet ... or maybe I'm wrong?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Puckett went for $5 less than I paid for two of my four Ace Prototypes @ $355. I'm glad I found the four known Puckett's and don't have to chase them anymore. I bought the seller's Rickey Henderson in a $5 buy it now auction. Seller didn't mean to add a buy it now, so I told him to cancel our transaction so he could list as he intended. I haven't seen that style card from Ace with regard to the Henderson and a Nolan Ryan that the seller listed . I'm hoping Puckett didn't have one of those too, lol

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an offer on the original listing, then missed out when the seller changed it to "buy it now."

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    The Puckett went for $5 less than I paid for two of my four Ace Prototypes @ $355. I'm glad I found the four known Puckett's and don't have to chase them anymore. I bought the seller's Rickey Henderson in a $5 buy it now auction. Seller didn't mean to add a buy it now, so I told him to cancel our transaction so he could list as he intended. I haven't that style card from Ace with regard to the Henderson and a Nolan Ryan that the seller listed . I'm hoping Puckett didn't have one of those too, lol
    That was very nice of you on the Henderson. It's one of those things that you prob know they wouldn't have wasted the printing time back in 92 making just 1-handful, but we are 25 years in and I only know of a few Clarks.

Ryan

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I made an offer on the original listing, then missed out when the seller changed it to "buy it now."
    I did as well, but once he said he had a $300 offer I said no thanks as I was going to get that high.

Ryan

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    The Puckett went for $5 less than I paid for two of my four Ace Prototypes @ $355. I'm glad I found the four known Puckett's and don't have to chase them anymore. I bought the seller's Rickey Henderson in a $5 buy it now auction. Seller didn't mean to add a buy it now, so I told him to cancel our transaction so he could list as he intended. I haven't seen that style card from Ace with regard to the Henderson and a Nolan Ryan that the seller listed . I'm hoping Puckett didn't have one of those too, lol
    Good form! You get the kudos of the day, for sure. I saw it went for $5, and thought the seller was kicking themselves.

That was very nice of you on the Henderson. It's one of those things that you prob know they wouldn't have wasted the printing time back in 92 making just 1-handful, but we are 25 years in and I only know of a few Clarks.

Ryan
    Based upon my research, here is my understanding (though may be flawed.) They had 3 pallets of sheets wrapped up and stored in the corner of a warehouse for about a year. When MLB denied their license, someone was ordered to bring them to a landfill and oversee them being covered. He took one of the sheets before they went 6 feet under Apparently, a few sets were "made" (whether this means complete sets or just a sheet's worth of cards, I dunno) for the approval. These, too, were ordered to be destroyed, but some guy brought them to his kid's little league team and handed them out. LOL.

Surely, there are not many out there, but now that we've seen multiple Pucketts and Ryans, there may well be more than one of the other guys too. Who knows where, though?

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scratch that - apparently the two Nolan Ryans just sold were different. One of the listings said it was for another Nolan not in the main picture.

Looking at the original sold sheet, it appears as though the only cards not showing on the sheet that are available are the ones with a white border. I wonder if they only ran with 2 sheets? Hmmm...
    Last edited by mouschi; 05-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There a few Puckett guys with cards from the set. I have 3 of the 4. I was the underbidder on the one that sold this morning @$350. I paid $40 total for the first 3 I bought though.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    There a few Puckett guys with cards from the set. I have 3 of the 4. I was the underbidder on the one that sold this morning @$350. I paid $40 total for the first 3 I bought though.
    I have never seen any of the Ace cards on any Jose checklist. I wonder why Puckett was any different? Perhaps just one Puckett guy caught wind of them early, put it on his checklist, and everyone else caught wind? Hmmm....