Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pissed Right Now ebay deal edit Ruled in my favor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Re: Pissed Right Now ebay deal

I hate to play Devil's Advocate because I feel very badly for you that this happened. But after looking through 2 years of feedback he left for others, he didn't have another case where he left the same type feedback of receiving an empty package. Not to say that he didn't lie about it, but it is possible that someone along the route of shipping opened the package and took the card. You did nothing wrong, but this is where Ebay does everything wrong.

Stick to your guns with this case. Ultimately, it will come down to Paypal. If it were just a few dollars I would say bite the bullet and let it go. But $600 is too much to say "Oh well" to. If Paypal doesn't side with you after you provide them with delivery/sig confirmation and they award the buyer a refund, file a complaint with the BBB. I went rounds with Paypal over an item once that had been delivered and had proof of delivery, yet they still took the money out of my account and refunded the buyer. After filing a complaint against Paypal with the BBB, Paypal put the money back in my account.

This is what is wrong with Ebay and their "buyers are always right, sellers are always wrong mentality", or to be more cliche, "the customer is always right". What they fail to realize in their own logic is that sellers are customers of Ebay and the ones ultimately making them money, yet we, as customers, are never right. If they don't change their policies and enact some sort of seller protection, they are going to end up in the red-- people will only take so much and it's becoming too much of a common occurrence of sellers getting screwed when they did absolutely everything right.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

Empty you PP account just in case.

It's crap like this that keeps me from ever keeping much of a balance in there.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009

Similar situation happened to me with a Bruce Auto when he first got hot a few years ago. Just seeing the all caps feedback reminds of that guy. He isn't in NY is he?

That's Crucial

May 11, 2011

I was saving for a purchase of a JUP bgs 9.5 aflac refractor auto which I won yesterday. Went to pay for it and hold had been placed on my account. I payed still of course with CC but damn. If ebay sides with buyer Ill be livid.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Maybe I missed it but you also insured the item correct? If so any contact with USPS about a claim in the event the mailer was opened between you and the buyer?

Was it sent in a bubble mailer? Why did the buyer open it, should have been pretty easy to feel an empty mailer. Buyer should need to prove to USPS that it was indeed delivered empty.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer

my feeling is that he didn't have insurance although he's not yet said such. if so then it would be an open and shut issue.

look i don't pay for it most of the time.but i will if it's $200 or more. might lower that threshold to $150 now.

a couple of suggestions if you do a lot of trading/selling

1. take your stuff to the same post office if you can to drop off; develop a rapport with the folks that work there. be nice; take them Christmas gifts, etc. - if you ever have issues they will go out of their way; go inside to drop off on expensive items

2. make sure you seal the top.

3. always use delivery confirmation even on small ticket items. i learned the hard way on a scammer on some $2.00 john wall cards

4. write do not bend on the top. or fragile

1) Ebay/Paypal will always side with the buyer in this case, you will lose.

2) Send him a message thru Ebay and email saying that you are pursuing federal mail fraud charges and you will seek for his local police force to come and arrest him for felony mail fraud (since it's over $500). Filing federal mail fraud charges is a fairly easy thing to do I am told.

Here are your links:

http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-FILE-FOR ... 0003448709

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/form ... wanted=all

If he's the one that stole the card and claimed empty, having a federal postal inspector knock on his door along with his local PO will change his tune for sure.

My guess is he will reply back saying that he magically "found" the card somewhere in his house and that someone opened the package by mistake and put the card in a drawer and forgot about it.

If he doesn't, file the mail fraud charge anyway.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer

solt0131 said:
1) Ebay/Paypal will always side with the buyer in this case, you will lose.

2) Send him a message thru Ebay and email saying that you are pursuing federal mail fraud charges and you will seek for his local police force to come and arrest him for felony mail fraud (since it's over $500). Filing federal mail fraud charges is a fairly easy thing to do I am told.

Here are your links:

http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-FILE-FOR ... 0003448709

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/form ... wanted=all

If he's the one that stole the card and claimed empty, having a federal postal inspector knock on his door along with his local PO will change his tune for sure.

My guess is he will reply back saying that he magically "found" the card somewhere in his house and that someone opened the package by mistake and put the card in a drawer and forgot about it.

If he doesn't, file the mail fraud charge anyway.

it's very possible that he didn't get the card and that someone else opened it. i don't think we've come to the conclusion or could right now without more information that the buyer received the card. i do think it's fishy that it was "empty". but you can't prove it.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Do you have a receipt from the post office showing that the package weighed X ounces?

If so, ask to see pictures of the mailer in the "sorry your item was opened" USPS baggy.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass

On a $600+ transaction that the buyer had to sign for - Why would he wait 4 days to decide to file a claim saying it was empty?

Should have been the 1st thing he did when he found the package "empty"

vwnut13 said:
Do you have a receipt from the post office showing that the package weighed X ounces?

If so, ask to see pictures of the mailer in the "sorry your item was opened" USPS baggy.

He used signature confirmation. Why would someone sign for a tampered, opened envelope?

The original receipt from his post office would show the weight of the package at the time it was taken to the post office.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010

If DC and Sig Conf. don't protect the seller, then what's the point? Sounds like the far safer play is to assume you're going to lose with PP and eBay, and simply buy Postal Insurance instead. Am I missing something?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

boomo said:
[ebay:1bw61zoy]300563437672[/ebay:1bw61zoy]

guy left a neg, so all can block his sorry should be killed ass

"...should be killed ass..."

Nice.

Think, for a minute -- is it not possible that the envelope was opened up -- either accidentally or on purpose -- and the card removed/fell out -- then delivered without the card? Is it not possible that the buyer feels as though he paid $620 for an empty envelope?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

solt0131 said:
vwnut13 said:

He used signature confirmation. Why would someone sign for a tampered, opened envelope?

The original receipt from his post office would show the weight of the package at the time it was taken to the post office.

He may not have known that the envelope was tampered with when he signed it. Usually the USPS doesn't hand you the item; just the form.

Also, if it was sent to an office, the receptionist would sign for it.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

Jeff N. said:
boomo said:
[ebay:1r03f1ya]300563437672[/ebay:1r03f1ya]

Nice.

Think, for a minute -- is it not possible that the envelope was opened up -- either accidentally or on purpose -- and the card removed/fell out -- then delivered without the card? Is it not possible that the buyer feels as though he paid $620 for an empty envelope?
Why would he sign of a envelope that was opened?

A couple of things need to answered by the OP, how was the card packaged? was it taped shut or just the basic seal? How was the card packaged, just a penny sleeve then holder and team bag or was it in a screwdown?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Erich said:
Jeff N. said:
boomo said:
[ebay:2hnqt84q]300563437672[/ebay:2hnqt84q]

Nice.

A couple of things need to answered by the OP, how was the card packaged? was it taped shut or just the basic seal? How was the card packaged, just a penny sleeve then holder and team bag or was it in a screwdown?

As I noted, sometimes the USPS just give syou the form to sign, or someone signed for him.

Also, it was a BGS graded card.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

Jeff N. said:
Erich said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1vetc8t5]
boomo said:
[ebay:1vetc8t5]300563437672[/ebay:1vetc8t5]

Nice.

As I noted, sometimes the USPS just give syou the form to sign, or someone signed for him.

Also, it was a BGS graded card.[/quote:1vetc8t5]
Forgot it was a BGS card. Why would he wait 4 days to report it though? My mailman will not let somebody else sign for it because there name is not Erich

Members online

Latest posts