Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pissed Right Now ebay deal edit Ruled in my favor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Re: Pissed Right Now ebay deal

Actually, after thinking about it, the buyer would lose the claim if he filed the claim 2 days after signing for the package. If he filed immediately after receiving the package (same day), he might have a chance. Also, contact the post office that delivered the package and see if he contacted them. First thing I would do after receiving an empty package that I paid $600 for, I would contact my post office.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

solt0131 said:
Actually, after thinking about it, the buyer would lose the claim if he filed the claim 2 days after signing for the package. If he filed immediately after receiving the package (same day), he might have a chance. Also, contact the post office that delivered the package and see if he contacted them. First thing I would do after receiving an empty package that I paid $600 for, I would contact my post office.

Let me continue punching holes. Assuming he waited 4 days to report it -- perhaps the buyer was out of town when it as delivered and didn't get back into town until 4 days after delivery?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Jeff N. said:
solt0131 said:

Let me continue punching holes. Assuming he waited 4 days to report it -- perhaps the buyer was out of town when it as delivered and didn't get back into town until 4 days after delivery?

He signed for it.

Jeff N. said:
solt0131 said:

Would be acceptable except he signed for it. What else ya got?

Jeff N. said:
All we know is that the op said "he signed for it". I would suggest the OP confirm that the buyer actually signed for it.

If the post office allowed anyone other than the name who is on that package to sign for it, then the post office is responsible and in the wrong and the seller is off the hook. Anyone other than the name on that envelope who signs for that package and takes possesion legally constitutes theft of mail.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN

COMC or another site would be very smart to offer a escrow service where the card is sent to them as an independent middleman in high value auctions. This would remove risk for both parties.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008

Jeff N. said:
boomo said:
[ebay:19tadmgz]300563437672[/ebay:19tadmgz]

guy left a neg, so all can block his sorry should be killed ass

"...should be killed ass..."

Nice.

Think, for a minute -- is it not possible that the envelope was opened up -- either accidentally or on purpose -- and the card removed/fell out -- then delivered without the card? Is it not possible that the buyer feels as though he paid $620 for an empty envelope?

YOU ARE RIGHT JEFF, should have been expanded to death to whoever did it, my bad.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

solt0131 said:
Jeff N. said:
All we know is that the op said "he signed for it". I would suggest the OP confirm that the buyer actually signed for it.

If the post office allowed anyone other than the name who is on that package to sign for it, then the post office is responsible and in the wrong and the seller is off the hook. Anyone other than the name on that envelope who signs for that package and takes possesion legally constitutes theft of mail.

Not necessarily, it comes down to signatory custody, especially if mail is delivered to the work place. Fact is the OP needs to do more fact finding and locate his receipt with weight.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer

TwinGnats said:
COMC or another site would be very smart to offer a escrow service where the card is sent to them as an independent middleman in high value auctions. This would remove risk for both parties.

nice idea.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

solt0131 said:
Jeff N. said:

Uh, no.

every package that comes to my office is signed for by the receptionist, despite my name being on it. I've had registered, insured, sig confirm, USPS, UPS, you name it. Never have I been summoned to the lobby to sign for a package.

That's Crucial

May 11, 2011

Customer signed for package on the 20th. Opened claim on 24th. Claims there was no card in the package. WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? I sent with sig confirmation which is what ebay requires on 250 plus transactions. I cant go hand the card to him.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

That's Crucial said:
Customer signed for package on the 20th. Opened claim on 24th. Claims there was no card in the package. WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? I sent with sig confirmation which is what ebay requires on 250 plus transactions. I cant go hand the card to him.
Do you mind posting a scan of the receipt?

That's Crucial said:

Just call Paypal and speak to someone in trust and security, tell them exactly what happened and they will advise you on what to do. Posting on here isn't going to solve the problem. Take action and get it done.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

solt0131 said:
The original receipt from his post office would show the weight of the package at the time it was taken to the post office.

OK, if the Envelope was "empty" the receipt from the post office should most definitely prove that it wasn't mailed empty.

If he signed for a tamped/empty package, well.....

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

That's Crucial said:

Does the customer signature match up with the name that it was sent to?

As to, "WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?", the simple answer is "insurance".

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

vwnut13 said:
solt0131 said:
The original receipt from his post office would show the weight of the package at the time it was taken to the post office.

OK, if the Envelope was "empty" the receipt from the post office should most definitely prove that it wasn't mailed empty.

If he signed for a tamped/empty package, well.....

Everyone has asked for a copy of the receipt to show that it was more than an ounce.

Let me clue you all in on something - - it does NOT matter whether the receipt shows one ounce or 10 ounces or something in between.

When you pay postage, you are hiring the USPS to deliver your package. It is your responsibility to get the package, safely, to the buyer.

If the USPS damages/loses/molests/destroys your item while delivering it, YOU are responsible.

While it is ridiculous, not only do you pay a large amount of money for postage, you pay them to make sure they don't destroy lose your package with insurance. If your package meets with an untimely end after insurance has been paid, then the USPS will refund you (after a battle). If there's no insurnace, essentially, "too bad, so sad".

The buyer did nothing wrong here, as far as we can tell right now. The OP is being a little less than forthcoming with information, but that's understandable. The seller also did nothing wrong. However, it is his obligation to show that the package made it there safely and intact and unharmed. There's little way to do that. The buyer will likely win.

Raysfan7

May 28, 2011

Sorry to hear about your situation as i am sure you mailed the card. Unfortunately, unsavory sellers have made it bad for you.

I have made thousands of purchases on EBay and one of my last ones sent me an empty envelope. I e-mailed the seller and she told me her last shipments were all received empty by the buyers and to file an insurance claim with the post office. It was a $35 card and she never gave me the option when purchased, so she knew I did not have it. I looked into her past history and her last batch of sold items were mostly high dollar, including an older Pujols which she included insurance on. The photos were also stock and she was only a member 8 months. She also sold hot packs. All this points to a possibility that she sent the mailers empty. eBay did refund my money.

I used to sell a few electronic items in the past, but after hearing all of the seller's horror stories I have stopped. It isn't worth my time to ship something and have to pay shipping and lose my item.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009

Jeff N. said:

So let me get this straight...

I can sell a BGS Gem Mint 9.5 Michael Jordan RC card for say $1000. Package and ship, (with insurance), to the unlucky buyer an empty BGS slab. After the buyer claims the card was not in the package and demands a refund, I can refund him with the post office's money?

I'm having a hard time believing insurance is "the simple answer" you claim it to be.

I agree with Solt. I see absolutely nothing wrong with letting the buyer know that you will call the local authority as well as his Post Master and have them investigate further. That is of course, if you did in fact mail to him as you say you did. For all you know, either he is committing fraud, or someone in the post office committed a federal offense. In either case, the authorities and/or the USPS will want to know about it.

mwheeler27 said:
Jeff N. said:

So let me get this straight...

I can sell a BGS Gem Mint 9.5 Michael Jordan RC card for say $1000. Package and ship, (with insurance), to the unlucky buyer an empty BGS slab. After the buyer claims the card was not in the package and demands a refund, I can refund him with the post office's money?

I'm having a hard time believing insurance is "the simple answer" you claim it to be.

I agree with Solt. I see absolutely nothing wrong with letting the buyer know that you will call the local authority as well as his Post Master and have them investigate further. That is of course, if you did in fact mail to him as you say you did. For all you know, either he is committing fraud, or someone in the post office committed a federal offense. In either case, the authorities and/or the USPS will want to know about it.

Exactly. If Matt and I want to end up in hell and have bad karma all our life then I can sell Matt a Babe Ruth Cut on Ebay for $5,000, Matt pays for it, I pack and ship it to him for the full insured value, Matt signs for it then files a claim with paypal saying he received an empty slab and the post office refunds me my $5,000 no problem right? I find that hard to believe.

Members online

Latest posts