Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well, I guess now I gotta check my Topps traded. As for the gold rush, it is the second I have seen. I saw one on COMC a while back, but made an offer instead of buying it outright. The seller declined me and tripled the price. ******** move if you ask me. So I was on ebay the other night, and it was part of a 4 sample set of Bagwells. Of course I had the other three, but I hit buy it now so fast it made my own head spin. I wasnt gonna let this one get away. :)

Yeah, see, I don't use COMC. So I'd never notice it. But glad to see that even with us using different sites, they still hardly come up. Makes me feel a little less crazy.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
ok, It is Triple Header time. After Aarons gift of three to my PC, here are the patterns I officially have:

Bagwell/Biggio/Caminiti (this was my original)
Bagwell/Caminiti/Biggio
Biggio/Caminiti/Bagwell

And another Bagwell/Biggio/Caminiti. I guess I'll add that to my Doubles box.

1991%20Topps%20Triple%20Headers%20N4.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ok, the one in my binder is white... now off to check if I even have a double to compare.

Update - I had BOTH versions in my doubles box. Added the grey to the binder. Thanks for that heads up. I wonder if there are white and grey versions of the glossy? Both of mine were non-glossy.

Thanks Aaron!

By glossy you mean the tiffany version? Doubtful as I think that came as a factory set. The white border non glossy(tiffany) was from factory set form while the gray back was from pack issued form. Seeing as how Tiffany was factory issued, I don't think it's possible.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Earlier last week I won a 50 card Bagwell Lot for basically the cost of shipping. The only card I knew I needed based on the pic of 9 of the cards was this:

1995%20Astros%20Mother's%202.jpg

And of the other 49, I was hoping (but not expecting) to get another card I didnt have. And I was surprised when it turned out that there was indeed one more card that I did not have:

2000%20Upper%20Deck%20MVP%20All%20Star%20Game%20AS2.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Earlier last week I won a 50 card Bagwell Lot for basically the cost of shipping. The only card I knew I needed based on the pic of 9 of the cards was this:

1995%20Astros%20Mother's%202.jpg

And of the other 49, I was hoping (but not expecting) to get another card I didnt have. And I was surprised when it turned out that there was indeed one more card that I did not have:

2000%20Upper%20Deck%20MVP%20All%20Star%20Game%20AS2.jpg

Nice. I don't even think I've ever seen that card. Nice pickup.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

Funny just picked up a Greg Vaughn earlier today. I hadn't seen one before either but hadn't looked for one necessarily. Surprisingly they're pretty cheap considering distribution but I guess once you start crunching numbers for people who walked through all the various events I suppose there's thousands of them. Still cool I think

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Any card I can find on the cheap that I dont have yet is cool in my eyes. And its even cooler that it was part of a lot that was pretty much a blind shot. I tend to pass on lots cuz I usually have each card in em.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Any card I can find on the cheap that I dont have yet is cool in my eyes. And its even cooler that it was part of a lot that was pretty much a blind shot. I tend to pass on lots cuz I usually have each card in em.

Same here.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Why Thank you.

My latest acquisition came this morning, when I went to the flea market. I already had the card, but for a quarter, I just couldnt leave it behind...

1992%20O-Pee-Chee%20520.jpg

Aaron, you have this right?

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I actually didnt have the opeechee til a couple years ago. Just one that I never got around to getting, until one day I realized I didnt have it. Got it off ebay for a couple bucks. And now I get one for a quarter. go figure :p

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ok...2002 bowman chrome rookie reprints refractors. I have two different versions. Check the back. I was doing this tonight as I was sorting and when I looked to try to make sure I was filing it away in the right spot, I flipped them over and lo and behold one has a copyright date and year and a lot of other info while the other version does not. I'll post scans in a little while. But I've got 4 of one kind and 1 of the other.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well, so far I only have one... I went thru my doubles box and saw no extras, regular or refractor. So, I wonder if you have an extra I need?

Just to be clear, you aren't mixing up 1998 and 2002?

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well, so far I only have one... I went thru my doubles box and saw no extras, regular or refractor. So, I wonder if you have an extra I need?

Just to be clear, you aren't mixing up 1998 and 2002?

I'll check and get some scans up. But the card # is the same if I recall. Unless they used the same card, same pic, and number...

Members online

Latest posts