Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mistrial for the Rocket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
The prosecution tried to introduce some evidence thta was not admissable. Judge has declared a mistrial. Next steps unclear.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
tribefan26 said:
The prosecution tried to introduce some evidence thta was not admissable. Judge has declared a mistrial. Next steps unclear.
Wow that was quick......most of the time the judge would say you can't enter this evidence and then continue on.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Pine Tar said:
tribefan26 said:
Wow that was quick......most of the time the judge would say you can't enter this evidence and then continue on.

That's not the case here. I think they were already denied from presenting some evidence and they did so anyway.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I hope they retry him and lock his fat can up for a few years. I don't really care that he juiced, I think we're all past the point that a good percentage of players from that era were juicing. But just man up and be honest about it! His reputation was already in shreds, he had nothing to lose by coming clean, and finally admitting what people already know he did. It's his arrogance that makes me want to see him locked up, all his posturing and grand sweeping statements about his non-existant innocence.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Sadly, I don't even know with 100% certainty what he's being tried for. I know it's for perjury, but I'm fuzzy on the specifics.

The bottom line for is is that the system of justice has got to work. If you lie in court (regardless at what level) or to Congress, I think there should be serious consequences. If Clemens truly perjured himself then I believe he should suffer the legal penalty for that crime. Period.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
Sadly, I don't even know with 100% certainty what he's being tried for. I know it's for perjury, but I'm fuzzy on the specifics.

The bottom line for is is that the system of justice has got to work. If you lie in court (regardless at what level) or to Congress, I think there should be serious consequences. If Clemens truly perjured himself then I believe he should suffer the legal penalty for that crime. Period.

Agreed, I'd also add its just as important to prosecute celebrities. The last thing this country needs is to give even more preferential treatment to famous and/or rich people than they already get.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
VizquelCollector said:

And yet there are no consequences when Congress lies to us

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
JoshHamilton said:
VizquelCollector said:

And yet there are no consequences when Congress lies to us

Boom! This is what makes our government so great.

Members online