Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy 124th bday to the Late Shoeless Joe jackson

Should Shoeless Joe Jackson Be reinstated?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
Title says it all he would of been 124 yrs old today. It is a shame his banned for life status is still intact 60 years after his death. He was never found of any wrong doing but yet baseball refuses to do the right thing. His situation is nothing like Pete Rose but I personally think Pete Rose ruined any chance of letting Shoeless in the HOF. Anyways I guess it depends on who you ask about it but in my opinion they should reinstate Shoeless and Buck Weaver. Rose can go to hell though I hope he never gets in lol

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
The punishment comes from that Jackson knew about the scandal. He was apparently at the meetings for the "fix". Whether he took the money or not, or played in a way to support the fix is irrelevant. He should have notified the Comisky.

It would be like someone you knew at work was embezzeling money, and you didn't take any of it. But, you also didn't report the "someone".

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
BrewerSuperCollector said:
The punishment comes from that Jackson knew about the scandal. He was apparently at the meetings for the "fix". Whether he took the money or not, or played in a way to support the fix is irrelevant. He should have notified the Comisky.

It would be like someone you knew at work was embezzeling money, and you didn't take any of it. But, you also didn't report the "someone".

He was not at the meetings and he tried to tell Comisky but Comisky refused to see him. There are also storys of him and Buck Weaver yelling on the field for the other team members to get their stuff together (not sure if it is true since I was not there).

Members online

No members online now.