Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do message boards influence your collecting habits?

Do message boards influence your collecting habits?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
StrasburgMania said:
Krom said:
Fandruw25 said:
StrasburgMania said:
JoshHamilton said:
Only when someone posts a cool 90's insert I haven't seen before. I'll usually then go after the set
your influence on me JH is that you make me want to

A. Quit Collecting

B. Get off this website

C. Kick your ass

:lol: sad thing is most people on here probably say the same about you :?
+ I need to stop bashing the kid and give him a break. His generation is the future of our hobby.
Edit - shouldn't a physical threat deserve a vacation?
FIXED :twisted:
I don't bash anyone. I just call it as i see it.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
It never did before until I met all of these Colts collecters and saw their collections. It just makes me want to buy moar for mine! :lol:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
There are so many amazing and unique collections here that you can't help but be a little influenced when it comes
to your own personal collections. I do enjoy the wide array of how people collect..player, team, era etc, its all
here. I am really never into the prospect crap, but even some of that is cool for a few minutes.

Kevin

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Great topic! Although Im thinking about your question a bit differently.

To answer the question you have actually asked in your original post, I would not change my collecting habits at all if there were no online message boards. I just don't really care if other people see my stuff or not. In fact, I don't even scan my big pickups half the time anymore, and I never have even come close to scanning 25 percent of my whole collection (base, inserts, high numbered etc).

I took your topic question a little differently before I read your actual original post. I took it as do the message boards influence what type of cards you collect (regardless if you get to show them off because I dont really care about showing mine off or not). WHen I first started collecting, I would say for sure that they did. I would see everyones favorite type of cards and sets etc that go for big money and be like I want that. As time has gone on however, I have realized I dont care what other people like. I just collect what types of cards I think look good and hopefully I can afford them. For instance, I have started collecting 90s inserts. I dont think personally that donruss crusades are THAT good looking and are even on the ugly side. When I first started collecting, I would have picked some up. Now I dont want a single one in my PC.

the preview pic of A&G of the McEnroe auto did make me go out and buy the redemption card.
So yes , in a sense i am made aware of cards that for whatever the reason i did not know about.

In another sense no, because people bash steroid users, it does not stop me from collecting my players.
so i go both ways

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't put as much effort into it, no. My good friend who was also involved with the hobby died, so I don't really have anybody to share my collection with. Without being able to share online, I probably wouldn't be as interested since I could share my joy. I'd still pick up a few things here and there, sure, but nowhere near the scale that I enjoy.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I was collecting long before there was internet.. always collected for myself so being on these forums doesn't change anything. I'm not out to impress anyone but myself. The only thing forums have done is put me in touch with others who are just like me and new people to trade with to further my collection.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
StrasburgMania said:
schillingfan said:
StrasburgMania said:
JoshHamilton said:
Only when someone posts a cool 90's insert I haven't seen before. I'll usually then go after the set

A. Quit Collecting

B. Get off this website

C. Kick your ass

::facepalm::

I put you on ignore a long time ago but still have to see your posts when people quote you. I've tried to look past the fact that you're young and still learning and supposedly wanting to change. I've kept quiet until now.

You are a fracking moron. If you don't have anything productive to say, shut it and move on. Either grow up or do us all a favor and stop posting.

/rant
maybe someone will quote this!!!!! JH trolls everything i write and thinks of something just to irk me!

To be fair, you were the one that went off in this thread. He answered the thread post, and you jumped on him.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
schillingfan said:
StrasburgMania said:
JoshHamilton said:

A. Quit Collecting

B. Get off this website

C. Kick your ass

::facepalm::

I put you on ignore a long time ago but still have to see your posts when people quote you. I've tried to look past the fact that you're young and still learning and supposedly wanting to change. I've kept quiet until now.

You are a ******* moron. If you don't have anything productive to say, shut it and move on. Either grow up or do us all a favor and stop posting.

/rant

1292059767721.gif

And StrasburgMania, just **** off. Unlike other younger posters, you should have your internet time monitored by your mommy and daddy and limited to 30 minutes a day. You make the younger posters who are positive contributors look bad when you post just about ANYTHING on this board.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I just went through and read the rest of the posts here. I wish StrasburgMania's parents would cancel their internet and use those funds to get there kid a special needs level dictionary. There money would be better spent but Im not sure it will happin.

What does he know hes just [strike:394my86t]StrasburgMania[/strike:394my86t] [strike:394my86t]looking for a new start[/strike:394my86t] a ******* moron bringing his middle school mental capacity to the masses

Big Mac McGwire said:
i go both ways
That's what she said.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I am a set collector so nothing really sways me. I have my list and pursue it to completion. There are not a lot of threads that direct folks to go for a certain set. All that said, I am looking to complete the 2010 Elite Extra Franchise Futures auto set so if anyone has lots to sell, PM me. :D

Members online

Latest posts