Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Thought a Sell Sheet Was Supposed To Make You WANT to Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Am I missing something? I think it does a pretty decent job of conveying the product they are offering. It is the graphics that are the issue?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Do I have a shot at the mitt Uggla used to make 20 errors in one inning at the all star game?

Kevin

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If one purpose of a sell sheet is to get people to look at what's being offered it seems the sell sheet worked well... as evidenced by this thread ;)

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Am I missing something? I think it does a pretty decent job of conveying the product they are offering. It is the graphics that are the issue?

Guess it's subjective. I checked that out a few weeks ago and I was much the same of you. All my interest and attention was on the items and the checklist......I never thought twice about the layout, colors, graphics, whatever.
Not saying people aren't right for saying it's shoddy.....looking at it with that in mind I see that now. Just that I guess people have different expectations and what's important to someone may not be as important to someone else.

Though I suppose I do agree - if you are trying to sell a product it is in your best interest to be both aesthetically appealing and informative. In terms of sell-sheets though, if I can only have one of those I'll take informative.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
rymflaherty said:
Topnotchsy said:

Guess it's subjective. I checked that out a few weeks ago and I was much the same of you. All my interest and attention was on the items and the checklist......I never thought twice about the layout, colors, graphics, whatever.
Not saying people aren't right for saying it's shoddy.....looking at it with that in mind I see that now. Just that I guess people have different expectations and what's important to someone may not be as important to someone else.

Though I suppose I do agree - if you are trying to sell a product it is in your best interest to be both aesthetically appealing and informative. In terms of sell-sheets though, if I can only have one of those I'll take informative.
I hear that. I thought with the responses being given that there was something about the product I was missing. I definitely agree that you want to pay attention to detail, but I would have a hard time imagining people who are interested in the concept would stay away because of the graphics on the sell sheet. I may be wrong though...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I don't have a big problem with it, especially from a relatively new company still getting FT into it.

At least they didn't Put an auto'd card on the box that's not in the Product or mis-spell Memorabilia on its "Elite" packaging, which have both happened in the last two months from long-established card companies...

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
It looks like ****, but I'm assuming you can read. Right?

These guys look like they're nailing down the right players and i'm pretty sure they did the FCB Teheran shindig.

So uh, yah. They could throw more money at sell sheets, but in reality, you guys just care about the names. If someone wants to step up and say that they bought Bowman Chrome for the looks, I'll listen.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I just go over to Casey Crosby's mother work and ask for somethings signed.
She write for one of the local papers here.

He went to Kaneland High School. I watched him play for a few seasons.

But yes if that is the sell sheet then :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts