Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who are the best current players that will never make HoF...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
TNP777 said:
if Damon gets 3000 hits, he'll get consideration and that's unfortunate. Compiling stats should not equal the Hall of Fame. I've never considered Damon an elite player. Very good, but not elite. The Hall of Fame already has too many players that are better suited for the "Hall of Pretty Good". In my opinion, Damon is a great candidate for the HoPG. Same with Jeff Kent, despite his place in the all-time 2B stats.

Johnny Damon is not a Hall of Famer, even with 3000 hits. He was never an elite player, at best he was a great complimentary piece on teams with bigger stars. I think Jeff Kent will get in eventually, unless it turns out that he was juicing.

Felix Hernandez will never make the HOF if he's stuck with the Mariners for his whole career!

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
chashawk said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
Generally speaking only 1-2 players make it each year through the BBWAA, I think many people here tend to forget this.
just over 200 players after over 100 years of baseball...yet it's watered down... :lol:
Just ask Bert

3000K's were not enough, nor was nearly 300 wins for more than a decade.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
TNP777 said:
if Damon gets 3000 hits, he'll get consideration and that's unfortunate. Compiling stats should not equal the Hall of Fame. I've never considered Damon an elite player. Very good, but not elite. The Hall of Fame already has too many players that are better suited for the "Hall of Pretty Good". In my opinion, Damon is a great candidate for the HoPG. Same with Jeff Kent, despite his place in the all-time 2B stats.

I disagree with Kent. I believe that at least to some degree players should be valued compared to their positions. The most obvious position where that is so is Catcher, but the middle infield as well as center field should not be compared to the other positions IMO.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
StrasburgMania said:
David Ortiz
-Known juicer (thread does not apply to these guys)

Bryce Harper :cool: :D
-Technically future, as he hasn't had a playing career in the MLB yet.

I have a hard time seeing Justin Morneau getting in. Too much time lost to injuries so far IMO and he just doesn't seem "HOF" worthy.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Legion_79 said:
Chris Carpenter, if it wasnt for the missed time due to injuries he may have had a shot.
Scott Rolen, I think he has a slight chance still but again the injuries have taken their toll

Carpenter is definitely who I thought of.

He's been so nasty since he's been a Cardinal, but he won't come anywhere near 200 wins. Maybe 160.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Not 30 years old yet, but if Braun can stay healthy he could possibly get to 3000 hits and 500 HR.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Some of the people you guys mention is funny. Mike Cameron isn't even close, and I am a huge Mike Cameron fan. Also, Felix Hernandez has a legitimate shot no matter who he plays for. The guys going to put up her career ERA around three, have a tonne of strikeouts And over 200 wins (and that's only if he stays with the Mariners). I know he's not active anymore, but Edgar Martinez is also very deserving of the Hall of Fame. By definition to be Hall of Fame worthy you have to be one of the best players in your position, and Edgar Martinez made the designated hitter when it is today, so you seriously have to consider him.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Felix Hernandez needs to leave the M's if he's gonna put up legit HOF numbers. At minimum he should have 15 more wins than he does, based on nothing more than the fact that the Mariners have been a lousy team for most of his short career. I do not believe at all that the M's have any hope of being decent for a few more seasons, so there's a chance that in his first 10 seasons he could lose 20-25 wins. When it comes to HOF discussion, that's a huge number.

Based on sheer numbers, the best pitcher of the last few years who won't make the HOF is Jamie Moyer.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
SydBarrett said:
Some of the people you guys mention is funny. Mike Cameron isn't even close, and I am a huge Mike Cameron fan. Also, Felix Hernandez has a legitimate shot no matter who he plays for. The guys going to put up her career ERA around three, have a tonne of strikeouts And over 200 wins (and that's only if he stays with the Mariners). I know he's not active anymore, but Edgar Martinez is also very deserving of the Hall of Fame. By definition to be Hall of Fame worthy you have to be one of the best players in your position, and Edgar Martinez made the designated hitter when it is today, so you seriously have to consider him.
Cameron was a great defensive centerfielder, with close to 300 homers and 300 steals. I agree he is not going to get any consideration, but his career WAR is pretty high, and it is a list of players who are not going to make it.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
I'll say Todd Helton. Was elite for a few years, made a legit run at .400 for about half a season in the late '90's...but stats will be discounted for playing in COL, and also tapering off towards the end of his career so much (will surely be a 'roid speculation somewhere). Dude was fantastic though.

- jkeys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts