Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you think of Platinum Harper sales so far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Bryce is in the midst of a rough patch in the minors..so that's certainly not helping things but it seems like his auto sales are still rolling right along

Base Refractor - [phil:16ezmu9g]200635693459[/phil:16ezmu9g]
Green Ref - [phil:16ezmu9g]130554566510[/phil:16ezmu9g]
Blue Ref - [phil:16ezmu9g]130554895229[/phil:16ezmu9g]
Gold Ref - [phil:16ezmu9g]130557022374[/phil:16ezmu9g]

Those seem to be about the averages..what are your thoughts? Still too high for you to consider buying or are they entering the zone where you might consider it?

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
If I were going to pony up for a Harper auto, I'd either get his upcoming Chrome auto or his AFLAC auto. Concerning one's self with other, non-prominent first year autos is just pointless IMO. I know, I know..there's money to be made on them because if/when his stuff goes up it'll all go up including those, but when buying cards that are that "prestigious" or that high-end in the prospect world, it's the best or nothing in my opinion. Go big or go home.

Bearing that in mind, if someone offers me a Platinum auto for a hundred bucks today, I'm buying it...but that has nothing to do with what I wrote above. That's just capitalizing on buying a card that's being offered under market, which is a no-brainer.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
sportscardtheory said:
Buying Harper now is genius.

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-sarcastic.jpg

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

Serious. You can get his stuff for pretty good prices right now. The closer he gets to the Majors, the higher the prices will get. Meaning, buy now sell later. Simple concept. You can get 2011 base Chromes for around $5. Heywards and Strasburgs were pulling $20-$30 when they were called up. This kid is uber-hype and is at the lowest point in his short career... meaning buy NOW or miss out.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

Serious. You can get his stuff for pretty good prices right now. The closer he gets to the Majors, the higher the prices will get. Meaning, buy now sell later. Simple concept. You can get 2011 base Chromes for around $5. Heywards and Strasburgs were pulling $20-$30 when they were called up. This kid is uber-hype and is at the lowest point in his short career... meaning buy NOW or miss out.

I'm with you on the Chromes...not so sure on the auto prices just yet given that they are still high and there are still coming releases as others have pointed out.

purplehaze67

Feb 15, 2010
aminors said:
If I were going to pony up for a Harper auto, I'd either get his upcoming Chrome auto or his AFLAC auto. Concerning one's self with other, non-prominent first year autos is just pointless IMO. I know, I know..there's money to be made on them because if/when his stuff goes up it'll all go up including those, but when buying cards that are that "prestigious" or that high-end in the prospect world, it's the best or nothing in my opinion. Go big or go home.

Bearing that in mind, if someone offers me a Platinum auto for a hundred bucks today, I'm buying it...but that has nothing to do with what I wrote above. That's just capitalizing on buying a card that's being offered under market, which is a no-brainer.

I come at it a little different. I am an on-card autograph collector and I couldn't care less what set it comes from (as long as the design isn't a butt-ugly eyesore) or if it's a rookie auto or not, provided the player's sig stays fairly consistent over time. Not looking to flip for profit any time in the foreseeable future, so if I can stretch my buying dollars by going for a "lesser" card, that's just a chance to add additional autos to my stash.

If I can find a base refractor at some point, under $200, I'm on it. If not, I am patient and can wait for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th year auto down the line.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
purplehaze67 said:
aminors said:

I come at it a little different. I am an on-card autograph collector and I couldn't care less what set it comes from (as long as the design isn't a butt-ugly eyesore) or if it's a rookie auto or not, provided the player's sig stays fairly consistent over time. Not looking to flip for profit any time in the foreseeable future, so if I can stretch my buying dollars by going for a "lesser" card, that's just a chance to add additional autos to my stash.

If I can find a base refractor at some point, under $200, I'm on it. If not, I am patient and can wait for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th year auto down the line.

Nice username. :)

My take comes from the fact that there will be so many autographs released this year of his..he's going to be in every product. Bowman already, Bowman Draft, Bowman Chrome, Bowman Platinum, and any other Bowman product. Having like 6 autographs to choose from, I'm going to pick something out of the upper echelon if I'm a buyer. Just a personal preference, but I can understand your view as well.

purplehaze67

Feb 15, 2010
aminors said:
purplehaze67 said:
aminors said:

Nice username. :)

My take comes from the fact that there will be so many autographs released this year of his..he's going to be in every product. Bowman already, Bowman Draft, Bowman Chrome, Bowman Platinum, and any other Bowman product. Having like 6 autographs to choose from, I'm going to pick something out of the upper echelon if I'm a buyer. Just a personal preference, but I can understand your view as well.

That's cool and totally understandable. Different people buy for different reasons, and at least you won't be sniping me out on my lower-end stuff! :lol:

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
sportscardtheory said:
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

Where are you finding 2011 chromes for around $5? from eBay sales, they still seem to be right around $10 each

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
rbadger said:
sportscardtheory said:
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

Where are you finding 2011 chromes for around $5? from eBay sales, they still seem to be right around $10 each

That's true, bulk lots selling for $10ish per too [phil:1p4qmvvr]250862164064[/phil:1p4qmvvr]

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
rbadger said:
sportscardtheory said:
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

Patience in bidding. I have won some for $5-$7.50.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
sportscardtheory said:
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

What galaxy are you in right now that you can buy 2011 Chromes for $5 a piece? Try $10.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
glewis22 said:
sportscardtheory said:
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

What galaxy are you in right now that you can buy 2011 Chromes for $5 a piece? Try $10.

lol Okay. You can't get them at that price. You are right.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
glewis22 said:
sportscardtheory said:
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:

lol Okay. You can't get them at that price. You are right.

But you can get 9.5s for just a little more - check out these 9.5 chrome sales here - [phil:1n0zjw6e]160626624086[/phil:1n0zjw6e] here - [phil:1n0zjw6e]320733361554[/phil:1n0zjw6e] and here - [phil:1n0zjw6e]160627307413[/phil:1n0zjw6e]

Members online