Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Weimer said:
What is the point of Topps Lineage? Is it just like modern day players on reprints of past Topps sets or what?

No thats Topps Heritage :lol: I really don't know what they're trying to do with Lineage but there was a chance for some nice patches so I grabbed a few. I believe the "reprints of past topps sets" are the inserts, and there's only a few. There's a full on base set but its pretty generic.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Weimer said:
What is the point of Topps Lineage? Is it just like modern day players on reprints of past Topps sets or what?
no, that would be cool. the majority of the set is base cards that look like series 1 topps... ::facepalm::

Andy - that would be awesome! thank you. and I'm not buying ****** topps. there's a difference... ;)

Dave(69) - thank you! fully stoked about it myself

Josh - idk why with that card, but thats probably the grade my 64 Venezuelans will come back from BVG

Andrew - your mailman's a *****...period

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
ChasHawk said:
Weimer said:
no, that would be cool. the majority of the set is base cards that look like series 1 topps... ::facepalm::

Andy - that would be awesome! thank you. and I'm not buying ****** topps. there's a difference... ;)

Dave(69) - thank you! fully stoked about it myself

Josh - idk why with that card, but thats probably the grade my 64 Venezuelans will come back from BVG

64 Venezuelan is way different than that card.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
JackLondon said:
ChasHawk said:

Agreed.

Unfortunately, he is a government employee *****. Thus, he has way more power than he deserves. :|

Unfortunately, it takes an act of congress to remove a useless government employee. :(
We have a woman (GS-5, step 10 = $40K/year) who literally has no job. Her responsibility is equal to an additional duty for a one-striper right out of tech school. They can't get rid of her because she had a "breakdown" about 9 months ago and has told leadership she'll throw the crazy card if they try to get rid of her. :evil:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning everyone..

I finally went and saw an eye doctor today.. I will have to have eye surgery.. (sucks getting old)

I probably have a Cataract in my left eye and will have surgery probably in Sept.. As for my right eye.. I have to wait until we get the left eye healed.. It's on it's way to the same.. It's been cloudy so I can't see out of it for a few months now, and I have decided to sell more of my collection.. When you look at a card and can't see it.. the pleasure is gone.. maybe that's why I like the Ultimate Patch Card set because I can feel the patches.. There have been times I feel like James Earl Jones in Sandlot..

I'll still be here, but more lurking than posting.. Try typing while squinting..

Now I know what Kirby Puckett was going thru..

But hey, I'm on vacation this next week!!. So I will be catching up with my scanning...

By the way, I have been trying to find the damn Ustream feed for the Nat.. and nada!.. why don;t they have the damn thing in the Nat pic thread?.. or a post it at the top of the list?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
Good morning everyone..

I finally went and saw an eye doctor today.. I will have to have eye surgery.. (sucks getting old)

I probably have a Cataract in my left eye and will have surgery probably in Sept.. As for my right eye.. I have to wait until we get the left eye healed.. It's on it's way to the same.. It's been cloudy so I can't see out of it for a few months now, and I have decided to sell more of my collection.. When you look at a card and can't see it.. the pleasure is gone.. maybe that's why I like the Ultimate Patch Card set because I can feel the patches.. There have been times I feel like James Earl Jones in Sandlot..

I'll still be here, but more lurking than posting.. Try typing while squinting..

Now I know what Kirby Puckett was going thru..

But hey, I'm on vacation this next week!!. So I will be catching up with my scanning...

By the way, I have been trying to find the damn Ustream feed for the Nat.. and nada!.. why don;t they have the damn thing in the Nat pic thread?.. or a post it at the top of the list?

I believe the stream has just been in the "chat". It seems to have been pretty hit or miss so far as to when its on

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:
Resident Bay Fan said:
Can you put a mailbox somewhere closer to the street? Would suck that you should have to do that though.

We have at least 6 dogs around the house everyday. Granted he only has to drive up and open the mailbox and drop it in, but there's days when he'll pull in the driveway and get out and drop the package/box on the deck. Never a complaint.

We could, but there are security issues with the people across the street. We could get a locked mailbox, but it is irritating. There is no consistency with this guy. On both sides of us are Cujo-dogs that freak out DAILY at the guy and he still delivers to them each and every day. Will see what the postmaster says tomorrow. :|

Best of luck with this situation. Make sure to use your diplomacy tomorrow. ;)
BTW, the addition to your banner is awesome! :D
We should all add pictures of us in our youth.
Barry would need cave paintings or hieroglyphics. :lol:
strange but i can't find my younger DRAWINGS

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
tramers said:
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:
Resident Bay Fan said:
Can you put a mailbox somewhere closer to the street? Would suck that you should have to do that though.

We have at least 6 dogs around the house everyday. Granted he only has to drive up and open the mailbox and drop it in, but there's days when he'll pull in the driveway and get out and drop the package/box on the deck. Never a complaint.

We could, but there are security issues with the people across the street. We could get a locked mailbox, but it is irritating. There is no consistency with this guy. On both sides of us are Cujo-dogs that freak out DAILY at the guy and he still delivers to them each and every day. Will see what the postmaster says tomorrow. :|

Best of luck with this situation. Make sure to use your diplomacy tomorrow. ;)
BTW, the addition to your banner is awesome! :D
We should all add pictures of us in our youth.
Barry would need cave paintings or hieroglyphics. :lol:
strange but i can't find my younger DRAWINGS

That's because the stone eroded away in the wind!

Kevin, I'm sure surgery will go well! :grouphug: