Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg's Hobby Expectations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baktalk

Jun 24, 2011
What do you think? Will his cards rise or level out with his impeding return?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
They have already been rising, if only slightly, in anticipation of his return.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Strasburg cards will trickle upward with bouts of plateauing as he makes his way back to MLB. THe buzz that will surround him as he gets close will kick off a good up-tick, and if he comes out K'ing 14 in 7 inning W's, right out of the gate, you will see a nice spike there too.

EDIT: This is my prediction.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
matfanofold said:
Strasburg cards will trickle upward with bouts of plateauing as he makes his way back to MLB. THe buzz that will surround him as he gets close will kick off a good up-tick, and if he comes out K'ing 14 in 7 inning W's, right out of the gate, you will see a nice spike there too.

That's going to be tough to do since his pitch counts in games will likely be very limited this year.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
matfanofold said:

That's going to be tough to do since his pitch counts in games will likely be very limited this year.

Hmm... Perhaps your thinking I am saying this will all happen this year?

EDIT: And its my belief that when he does make it back to MLB, it wil lbe when he is ready to pitch and not for just a showing...

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
I don't understand why the Nationals would even bring him back this year. They aren't playing for anything. I would play it on the safe side and bring him up next year.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Lukewarm until he breaks out and dominates and we kind of figure out he's done with Tommy John [for now].

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Up up up, with the biggest rise coming during next spring training and steadily climbing until his first start. This is all assuming the Nats are smart and don't bring him up this season, though (knock on wood).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts