Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals V Brew Crew 8/9-8-11 SERIES THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Here we go! 9th inning winner please!

Hawkins spit water on both his knees...modified spit ball???

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Adamsince1981 said:
I'd like to get a close shot of the blonde on the front row in the green hat...

Her?

223010_10150741822310082_726065081_20213995_4580200_n.jpg

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Sam Banks said:
If McGhee gets a hit here, If I were LaRussa I would say something about the pine tar on his bat and get him called out.

That was ruled on in the George Brett incident. LaRussa would need to get the umpire to get McGehee to use a different bat. He wouldn't be called out.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The Brewers accomplished what they had to get done in the series in game one. They'll still have a minimum 2 game lead after the series. Now the Cards are in damage mitigation mode, as they need to win one of the next two. Personally, I think this pennant race was decided when Wainwright blew out his arm.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
James52411 said:
The Brewers accomplished what they had to get done in the series in game one. They'll still have a minimum 2 game lead after the series. Now the Cards are in damage mitigation mode, as they need to win one of the next two. Personally, I think this pennant race was decided when Wainwright blew out his arm.

I agree with the Wainwright sentiments. Pujols has been dead silent head to head against Milwaukee all year too

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
James52411 said:

I agree with the Wainwright sentiments. Pujols has been dead silent head to head against Milwaukee all year too

That might have been the worst I've ever seen Albert look at the plate. 0-5, and just looked terrible.

Losing Wainwright was a huge blow, but we are still underachieving in my opinion.

Hand it to the Brewers, they were the better team and pulled off the victory.

I hope the Cardinals at least play better the next 2 games. We are going to need the best of Lohse and Westbrook to win this series.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
About as excited for a first pitch as I've been in awhile. Interesting to see how Molina looks after some rest

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
How'd this turn in to a pitching duel?

Kind of shows what fewer Ks and no walks will do for your pitching efficeincy. Wolf is at 92 thru 8. Dose he get to go for the CG on the road at the biggest division foe?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
hive17 said:
Brewer Andy said:
How'd this turn in to a pitching duel?

Kind of shows what fewer Ks and no walks will do for your pitching efficeincy. Wolf is at 92 thru 8. Dose he get to go for the CG on the road at the biggest division foe?

I wouldn't risk it in a game of this magnitude but it'll be interesting to see

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts