Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
pghbuccos said:
ChasHawk said:
I hope all of you are sitting down....

....I may try to complete the Dawson 2011 Lineage run...:lol:

you are the second MT Topps hater in 2 days to attempt to go after Topps cards.

I guess the other is Jess-eh. That's the only two Topps haters, I think. :lol:

I much prefer Upper Deck or DLP, but I don't think I'm a hater. Topps just puts out an inferior product. I don't think that can really be debated. ;)

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
muskiesfan said:
pghbuccos said:
ChasHawk said:

I much prefer Upper Deck or DLP, but I don't think I'm a hater. Topps just puts out an inferior product. I don't think that can really be debated. ;)

I will not reveal the other one. I will give only one clue and that is he does not live in America :lol:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good Morning guys

alot going on at work over the last couple days. they laid off 5 people in my building over the three shifts which doesn't sound like alot but we only have about 40 associates total over the three shifts. we're in recession reduction mode again for the second time in 3 years. I don't understand why either because we are supposed to launch all new Pinnacle balls in October unless that changed. We just started packing them out yesterday.. we don't have much for material or balls so I dunno whats going on right now.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
pghbuccos said:
muskiesfan said:
pghbuccos said:
ChasHawk said:

I will not reveal the other one. I will give only one clue and that is he does not live in America :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I agree with both of them on the fact that just having Topps sucks.

Topps is just lazy. As an example, Dunns 2010 Bowman Platinum, 2011 Topps, 2011 Gypsy Queen, 2011 Topps Opening Day, 2011 Topps Wal-Mart Hanger Pack Exclusives, 2011 White Sox Team set, and 2011 Topps AL All-Stars set card are almost all identical. The slight difference is the point in the swing. The way you can tell that they are all the same picture is the view into the dugout. What's worse is that with it being the same picture, the 2011 GQ, Opening Day, Wal-Mart Hanger, White Sox team set, and All-Star are all airbrushed White Sox uniforms because they're picture of him with the Nationals. :lol:

I could come up with a lot more examples, but that proves my point.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Joe the fact that Topps uses the same picture on multiple cards was one of the many things that made me upset about MLB giving them the exclusive contract.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
what Joe said...:lol:

topps keeps using the same pics of Dawson too, but the Lineage cards are the first in 2 years that don't look like ass or have a horrible sticker

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
1st4040 said:
Good Morning guys

alot going on at work over the last couple days. they laid off 5 people in my building over the three shifts which doesn't sound like alot but we only have about 40 associates total over the three shifts. we're in recession reduction mode again for the second time in 3 years. I don't understand why either because we are supposed to launch all new Pinnacle balls in October unless that changed. We just started packing them out yesterday.. we don't have much for material or balls so I dunno whats going on right now.

Paul, you work for Pinnacle?

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I need some advice....

I have a boat load of 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Reprints left over from my 14 box break.
There are 150 different players that book from between $2.00 to $20.00.
I don't want to take the time to list them individually nor do I want to list as a lot because I don't think it would maximize profitability.
I was thinking of listing an auction with a BIN price of .99 and have any bidder chose however many they want at that price and charge a flat rate for shipping.
Can anyone think of another way to list them?

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I have a couple of pictures to share. Another National pick up and an IP autograph

Just Minors Jay Bruce autographed jersey

JayBrucejerseyA.jpg

JayBrucejerseyB.jpg

JayBrucejerseyC.jpg

Lee Smith IP auto from the National

Signed with 478 saves inscription
LeeSmithbaseballA.jpg

LeeSmithbaseballB.jpg

Underneath it says A **** Load of K's

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning.. been busy the last few days..

Here's what I have been working on..

deck1.jpg

and I thought I would post this pic as well..

chair1.jpg

It's a char from when they redid Cheney Stadium (Local AAA) and when Ben Cheney built the stadium, he got the seats and the light towers from Seals Stadium when it was being torn down.. Cheney Stadium was built in 1960 so this chair is about 85 years old..

I go get my B-Scan today and I have my first eye surgery on Sept 8th.. with some follow-ups after..
Who know's maybe I'll be able to see by my 51st B-Day.. :lol:

Hope everyone has a great day!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Paul sorry to hear about the layoffs. I hope everything turns around and those people can be rehired.

Joe cool Bruce auto and the Lee Smith ball is beyond awesome. "A **** load of K's" :lol:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
klute14 said:
1st4040 said:
Good Morning guys

Paul, you work for Pinnacle?

I work for Acushnet Company.. makers of Titleist, Pinnacle and FootJoy.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning guys
I need to mow the back 40 today. :) and I'm going to go over a buddies house and cut his grass since he is not there anymore. His house just sits empty for 2+ years now.

schillingfan said:
Nice jersey and ball Joe. Those inscriptions are sweet.
And what he said :D

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Good morning everyone!!

If anyone has any Diamond parallel from Topps 1&2, I'm attempting to build the entire set (incl. old timers parallel)... Figured it would be a nice thing to chase. Last time I checked I had around 180 of them already, but I need to regroup the various piles I have between my office and home :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, and NFL PRESEASON STARTS TONIGHT!!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Great work Kevin. I like the stadium seat.

Nice jersey Joe. Going to get it framed in a shadow box?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
muskiesfan said:
I have a couple of pictures to share. Another National pick up and an IP autograph

Just Minors Jay Bruce autographed jersey

JayBrucejerseyA.jpg

JayBrucejerseyB.jpg

JayBrucejerseyC.jpg

Lee Smith IP auto from the National

Signed with 478 saves inscription
LeeSmithbaseballA.jpg

LeeSmithbaseballB.jpg

Underneath it says A shat Load of K's

Nice jersey and balls!! That's right I said it, WHAT!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Pinbreaker said:
Good morning.. been busy the last few days..

Here's what I have been working on..

deck1.jpg

and I thought I would post this pic as well..

chair1.jpg

It's a char from when they redid Cheney Stadium (Local AAA) and when Ben Cheney built the stadium, he got the seats and the light towers from Seals Stadium when it was being torn down.. Cheney Stadium was built in 1960 so this chair is about 85 years old..

I go get my B-Scan today and I have my first eye surgery on Sept 8th.. with some follow-ups after..
Who know's maybe I'll be able to see by my 51st B-Day.. :lol:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Nice stadium seat, and that deck looks sweet as hell!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Had fun at the fair last night putting temp tattoos on kids, and a couple of fun-loving adults

Our booth was right next to the Rockford Ice Hogs booth (Blackhawks affiliate)

So we got to meet their play by play announcer and their group sales rep.

They also have an affiliation with Beloit Snappers (Twins minor leagues) and gave us free tickets for Sunday's game

Will be my first game in over 5 years, since I quit going to Cubs games even while I still lived in the city...:lol:

Members online

Latest posts