Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not sure if this had been posted--Harper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Just for the record, I don't own any of his cards.

Back to your usual programming.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Brett Keith said:
matfanofold said:
Yeah, I saw this yesterday and for what it is, if it were anyone else it would not be a big deal, but least we play the double edged sword game. Harper reaps the rewards of mega hype for what he does right, it's just the balance of the universe that he be exposed for his shortcomings with equal ferver. Clearly the ball was outside, but something you should not take with 2 strikes. All in all, its just another example of Harpers inablility to respect his peers and the game. He is playing horribly in AA, and I'm sure the frustration of clearly being inadaquate for perhaps the first time in his young life is adding to an alredy instable attitude. I wish him the best, he is good for baseball and the hobby, but I take this instable outbreak as just another detraction towards a ball player who is finally being challenged for the first time in his life and failing miserably.

Would suck to be sitting on a Harper stash right now....

Playing horribly? Failing miserably? He's still 18 and in AA, started off slow, but is OPS'ing like .880 his last 10 or 11 games.

As per the FCB experts, that tiny sample size is worthless, look at the production over his last 30. He may of had 1 or 2 bum pitchers to knock around the last 10, but nothing has changed. Failing miserably...

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
matfanofold said:
Brett Keith said:
matfanofold said:
Yeah, I saw this yesterday and for what it is, if it were anyone else it would not be a big deal, but least we play the double edged sword game. Harper reaps the rewards of mega hype for what he does right, it's just the balance of the universe that he be exposed for his shortcomings with equal ferver. Clearly the ball was outside, but something you should not take with 2 strikes. All in all, its just another example of Harpers inablility to respect his peers and the game. He is playing horribly in AA, and I'm sure the frustration of clearly being inadaquate for perhaps the first time in his young life is adding to an alredy instable attitude. I wish him the best, he is good for baseball and the hobby, but I take this instable outbreak as just another detraction towards a ball player who is finally being challenged for the first time in his life and failing miserably.

Playing horribly? Failing miserably? He's still 18 and in AA, started off slow, but is OPS'ing like .880 his last 10 or 11 games.

As per the FCB experts, that tiny sample size is worthless, look at the production over his last 30. He may of had 1 or 2 bum pitchers to knock around the last 10, but nothing has changed. Failing miserably...

Much like this take.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
matfanofold said:
Brett Keith said:
matfanofold said:

Thanked. When a prospect struggles, we get the inevitable "it's only 40 at-bats." But, I haven't seen the same caution in the threads bragging about Harper or JD Martinez.

It's about time objectivity is applied to prospecting.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Jaypers said:
I honestly thought this incident would pass without someone posting it. Wishful thinking, it seems.

If this was anyone else, would this thread even exist?

Everyone is intent on painting the bullseye on his back bigger and bigger. Enough, already.

Well it was on MLB tonight last night...

So MLB is hating also..

Members online