Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
didnt sleep well at all. tired today. plus, its still raining, so looks like no walk this morning

and then this was listed last night, balls-to-the-wall auction style...

$(KGrHqYOKpEE4kWg1Oo!BOSFVyiUIg~~0_3.jpg

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
ThoseBackPages said:
didnt sleep well at all. tired today. plus, its still raining, so looks like no walk this morning

and then this was listed last night, balls-to-the-wall auction style...

$(KGrHqYOKpEE4kWg1Oo!BOSFVyiUIg~~0_3.jpg

Good morning Eric.
PSA must be more liberal with their standards than other grading companies.
I say that because of the edges on the Brett card.
You can see white spots all the way around it.
Still, it's hard to pass up a PSA 8. ;) :D

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
They arent. Keep in mind that is an O-Pee-Chee card, not Topps.

HUGE difference in production, production procedures, and price (about three times as valuable as its topps counterpart)

Dan, the last psa 9 went for close to $1,600

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good Morning guys

got a day off today but its raining here so not really going to do much. Get some chores done around the house and then just hang out with the little ladies basically.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Dave, I've been hooked on road racing since the 60's when I first saw the movie "Grand Prix" staring James Garner, and Winning with Paul Newman.

[youtube:2xu8fhpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTHdxD-1fA&feature=related[/youtube:2xu8fhpc]
Road America at the beginning the clip.

[youtube:2xu8fhpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9f1mfyEZGs[/youtube:2xu8fhpc]
The track at Monza, Italy, that incorporated the high banks with a road course at the beginning.

Mark Donohue has been my favorite driver, and if you checked my Yahoo team ID on the MT league, it's "Mark Donohue, the Legend". Probably the track with the most love in the US in located in Southeastern Wisconsin, Road America at Elkhart Lake. Maybe the Cup side of Nascar will finally schedule a race there just as they have with the Nationwide circuit.
[youtube:2xu8fhpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw-HyrvPXeo&feature=related[/youtube:2xu8fhpc]

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
hoopster3977 said:
Dave, I've been hooked on road racing since the 60's when I first saw the movie "Grand Prix" staring James Garner, and Winning with Paul Newman.

I remember the movie "Grand Prix". I even had the sound track on a 33 1/3 LP. That's a vinyl album for you whippersnappers. ;) :D

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I am diggin the Lineage motion cards. Might have to get a few Red Sox for the PC :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
69MetsFan said:
hoopster3977 said:

I remember the movie "Grand Prix". I even had the sound track on a 33 1/3 LP. That's a vinyl album for you whippersnappers. ;) :D

Vinyl Albums Rock!

I would imagine they are popular in DBVP3 ;)

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
69MetsFan said:
hoopster3977 said:

Great movie Dave. The camera angles, and equipment used today was pioneered by this film. Some old tracks that are not used today are featured in this film.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Kinda like golf. The game would be much improved if it involved random lions or grizzlies to harass/attack the golfers.

Example:

Golf announcer dude: "Phil is lining up his putt. He's done well today, especially with that birdie on the last hole. Needs to watch the wind here a bit-----WAIT! Here comes the bear!!!!"

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning gang
Like everyone else I'm tired because I worked yesterday and I'm going in early all this week.
Also I have to go to the union hall and file 3 grievances and 1 of them this time is for me. ::facepalm::
Seems they decided to send me home from work on Saturday because someone ******* I flexed to another shift
Saturday so I could go to the my class reunion. But it was mandatory I work 8 hours and they sent me home after 4.
So now I have to file to get my 4 hours owed to me since I was not able to actually work 8 and everyone else was.

Everyone have a great day.

Eric are you going after that card you posted?

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
My phone has been ringing of the hook this morning. Word got out that there is employment for out of towm IBEW Electricians here in the Upper Peninsula. One local contractor in my local just layed off 40 guys, plus with over 50 members on the out of work list, we now have at least 75% unemployment in the local. Work rules have changed in the last 10 years, Milwaukee contractors are getting the majority of the work and are employing Milwaukee local members and not Kenosha members.

Just think, I moved away almost a year ago to get away from some of these guys, and now they are following me to the UP. ::facepalm::

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
hoopster3977 said:
My phone has been ringing of the hook this morning. Word got out that there is employment for out of towm IBEW Electricians here in the Upper Peninsula. One local contractor in my local just layed off 40 guys, plus with over 50 members on the out of work list, we now have at least 75% unemployment in the local. Work rules have changed in the last 10 years, Milwaukee contractors are getting the majority of the work and are employing Milwaukee local members and not Kenosha members.

Just think, I moved away almost a year ago to get away from some of these guys, and now they are following me to the UP. ::facepalm::
How the hell does that work. I thought if you have the members laid-off and with call back rights....they need to be filled before others can take those jobs.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
scotty21690 said:
Morning all.

Headed to Maine for a few days, although the weather is looking to be crummy. Ah well, still should be a good time. Don't miss me too much :D

Scott have a good time in Maine and travel safe.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
scotty21690 said:
Morning all.

Headed to Maine for a few days, although the weather is looking to be crummy. Ah well, still should be a good time. Don't miss me too much :D

Scotty-

Where are you heading in Maine?

Latest posts