Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tigers acquire Delmon Young

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
archiebunkerjr said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
If Delmon hits .270 with zero power whatsoever the rest of the season, then this was a good trade for Detroit. That's how badly the Tigers needed an upgrade.

He will need to do better than .270 with zero power to make up for his awful defense. And left field at Comerica Park is no place for a bad defender to be.

Is he worse than Mags has gotten? Ever since his foot issues, he runs like he's got a dump in his pants.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Nick1190 said:
I really don't understand all the hate for Delmon. Is he what everyone thought he would become? No but most prospects don't blossom into being the hall of famer's that people hype them up to be.

His 162 game average for his career:

178 hits, 36 2B's, 15 HR's, 89 RBI's and a .289 hitter.

Solid to me..

A more reasonable amount of at-bats is 520 at-bats where he's only averaging 12 HR and 74 RBI with a .323 OBP, .427 slugging percentage.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
fengzhang said:
Nick1190 said:
I really don't understand all the hate for Delmon. Is he what everyone thought he would become? No but most prospects don't blossom into being the hall of famer's that people hype them up to be.

His 162 game average for his career:

178 hits, 36 2B's, 15 HR's, 89 RBI's and a .289 hitter.

Solid to me..

A more reasonable amount of at-bats is 520 at-bats where he's only averaging 12 HR and 74 RBI with a .323 OBP, .427 slugging percentage.

Agreed, not worth anywhere near $5 million.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
nborton said:
archiebunkerjr said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
If Delmon hits .270 with zero power whatsoever the rest of the season, then this was a good trade for Detroit. That's how badly the Tigers needed an upgrade.

He will need to do better than .270 with zero power to make up for his awful defense. And left field at Comerica Park is no place for a bad defender to be.

Is he worse than Mags has gotten? Ever since his foot issues, he runs like he's got a dump in his pants.

That's kinda how I feel. I think Delmon could actually be valuable down the stretch just by getting Magglio out of the daily lineup; but I also think he'll put up decent numbers in a good lineup like Detroit's.

G

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
nborton said:
archiebunkerjr said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2kcfu0n8]If Delmon hits .270 with zero power whatsoever the rest of the season, then this was a good trade for Detroit. That's how badly the Tigers needed an upgrade.

That's kinda how I feel. I think Delmon could actually be valuable down the stretch just by getting Magglio out of the daily lineup; but I also think he'll put up decent numbers in a good lineup like Detroit's.[/quote:2kcfu0n8]
He will be a train wreck out there in left with the larger outfield. If he can hurt himself catching fly balls, he'll manage to screw up chasing down a liner on the line

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
sheetskout said:
I don't see how it's not Castellanos....

Just wanted to say LOL, that is all.

To those hating on Delmon, you probably said the same about Peralta last year. Worst case scenario is we have him for 1 more season, around $5M. Could do much, much worse.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
GoldenBuckeyes said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
nborton said:
archiebunkerjr said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1bmfpd8i]If Delmon hits .270 with zero power whatsoever the rest of the season, then this was a good trade for Detroit. That's how badly the Tigers needed an upgrade.

That's kinda how I feel. I think Delmon could actually be valuable down the stretch just by getting Magglio out of the daily lineup; but I also think he'll put up decent numbers in a good lineup like Detroit's.
He will be a train wreck out there in left with the larger outfield. If he can hurt himself catching fly balls, he'll manage to screw up chasing down a liner on the line[/quote:1bmfpd8i]

He is am improvement over Magglio, by quite a bit. I know Delmon is not a good defender, but just go watch Maggs and you will understand.

G

Delmon is still on the Twins side, made Jackson slide right onto his bat

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
sad to see those twins fans who thought the PTBNL would be one of our best prospects in Nick C or Jacob Turner. Lol

Members online

Latest posts