Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Wells' collection is better than yours.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I can't view the video on my phone, but I'm willing to bet that my Ryne Sandberg collection is better than his Ryno collection.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
thelesquad said:
I can't view the video on my phone, but I'm willing to bet that my Ryne Sandberg collection is better than his Ryno collection.

I was talking as a whole. My Glen Perkins collection would blow his out of the water any day of the week, but his amount of Babe Ruth stuff blows away anything any of us owns.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
He used to frequent a bar that we used to go to. After seeing him at the table next to us with various Yankees on numerous occasions I finally went over after several months of bumping into him to say hello and buy him a beer. He wound up thanking me for being a Yankees fan and bought our beers every time he seen us in that bar after that :lol: One time sitting with us for several hours waiting for people, at first it was awkward :lol: but once we caught up it was nuts :lol:

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
great video - thanks for sharing.

Doesn't he collect guitars too? Thought I saw a news story on him about 10 years ago during Spring Training in AZ with his whole living room plastered in guitars.

BTW, He's very generous too. He gave my cousin (a Red Sox clubhouse attendant) a personal check for $1500 to thank him for his help as he walked out of Fenway the day he was traded. I was at the game that day and I believe he was supposed to pitch that night. Cousin said he rarely even asked for anything from the attendants.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I think he wanted to wear the Babe Ruth game used NYY cap he bought in a game when he was pitching for the Yankees.... In the end they wouldn't let him or he decided not I can;t remember which. Not the type of thing I would do but if he's got teh cash and is that crazy more power to him...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
carrsallstars said:
I think he wanted to wear the Babe Ruth game used NYY cap he bought in a game when he was pitching for the Yankees.... In the end they wouldn't let him or he decided not I can;t remember which. Not the type of thing I would do but if he's got teh cash and is that crazy more power to him...

He did do it and was fined by Torre because of it.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Awesome video, David Wells is the man. He's from where I'm from (the t-shirt he's wearing is my high school) and he's still around town. He still does fundraisers and speaks at the high school and such. I remember when he was playing he would come home (to OB) and get in bar fights and get in trouble. At the end of the day, David Wells is as normal a guy as they come.

Cool fact about my high school. We've produced two Yankees pitchers that have thrown perfect games: David Wells and Don Larsen.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I always thought he was a doucheuntil I read his book, he seems like a normal, down to earth guy.

Members online

Latest posts