Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Organizer ... Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Is the Beckett Organizer worth the $20 year? I'll probably end up just paying it so I can get access to the player checklists. I used to be able to import the data to my excel spreadsheet, but it looks like Beckett changed that aspect of their page format, too.

For people that do use the Organizer, is there a way to download the individual player checklists? I'd prefer to keep my own records offline, especially if the Organizer is as slow and cumbersome as it was before Beckett started charging a fee. I really don't want to resort to entering the cards one by one each year ::facepalm::

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I like it for the aspect of finding other people that actually want some of the stuff I have. I'm getting rid of most of my collection and doing some heavy downsizing. I actually managed to find someone who is sending me three decent cards for 107 commons from the '99 Topps Chrome Traded set. I have no idea what I did with the key cards in there but he was willing to take the rest. Tons of cards I figured were junk and I find a few people willing to trade for them. For that aspect, I like it. However, once I'm done downsizing, I more than likely won't use it again.

I'm really in no rush though so 1-2 nights a week I'll enter all of my cards of player X and then work on trading as many as I can off at one time. Works alright for me anyway.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:

+1, I've tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, and use and accept that system on many occasions. I'll decide to add stuff every once in a while, but it is just a big P.I.T.A.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll probably pass on it at this point. For those of you who are player collectors, is there another site you use to make sure your checklist is complete each year, or do you just refer to Beckett and compile the checklist offline?

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
alwayson22 said:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll probably pass on it at this point. For those of you who are player collectors, is there another site you use to make sure your checklist is complete each year, or do you just refer to Beckett and compile the checklist offline?

Only thing I use Beckett for is checklists, even though they're not always accurate. I copy and paste into Excel. I don't even read the forums anymore.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
RZimm11 said:
alwayson22 said:

Only thing I use Beckett for is checklists, even though they're not always accurate. I copy and paste into Excel. I don't even read the forums anymore.

I used to have no problem importing the checklists to excel. However, since the change to Beckett, I have not been able to use my old method. Excel --> Data Tab --> Import from Web --> Click on Data Table with Yellow Arrow --> Import.

Unfortunately, there is no longer a yellow arrow for the data field with the player's cards. Any ideas?

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
alwayson22 said:
RZimm11 said:
alwayson22 said:

I used to have no problem importing the checklists to excel. However, since the change to Beckett, I have not been able to use my old method. Excel --> Data Tab --> Import from Web --> Click on Data Table with Yellow Arrow --> Import.

Unfortunately, there is no longer a yellow arrow for the data field with the player's cards. Any ideas?

I just highlight all the rows, copy/paste into excel, then delete the columns I don't need. Then customize it however I need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts