Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, Who Was the Biggest Winner Last Night?

Best Overall Draft?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm extremely pleased at the way things turned out after the deadline last night. I'll be even more so if Topps can ink them for BDP as autos, knowing full well they'll hold back a few for next year's Bowman.

Just wanted to get your opinion as to which organization you think ended up with the best prospects, in retrospect.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Washington signing both Purke and Rendon to MLB deals makes their draft much less sexy than before.

The Pirates got Cole on a minor league deal, major coup and got Bell to sign below his original asking price.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I think Pittsburgh, but I'm not sure how the Brewers signing two first-round selections doesn't at least warrant them a spot on the list.

triplehattrick21

Apr 18, 2010
Denver, CO
I think boston is overlooked in the fact that they signed all 4 of their guys. They got Barnes, Swihart, Owens, And in my opinion one of the bigger steal of the draft at the 40th pick if he can play healthy- Jackie bradley.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
triplehattrick21 said:
I think boston is overlooked in the fact that they signed all 4 of their guys. They got Barnes, Swihart, Owens, And in my opinion one of the bigger steal of the draft at the 40th pick if he can play healthy- Jackie bradley.

Exactly.

The Red Sox made a HUGH haul with their picks. Only time will tell on how many of these players make it into the starting lineups somewhere in the MLB.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
As a yankee fan, i hate how it seems thry always pass on guys that fall, like bell, or bradley or purke...
Anyone from their draft any good aside from bichette?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
KC signed 5 guys that I wasn't sure would sign. They spent 14million plus. I'm so surprised that so many guys that were drafted out of where you'd think they'd go took the money instead of going to school etc. And I'm damn happy about it.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
justinmandawg said:
KC signed 5 guys that I wasn't sure would sign. They spent 14million plus. I'm so surprised that so many guys that were drafted out of where you'd think they'd go took the money instead of going to school etc. And I'm damn happy about it.

I can't wait to see what happens when Bubba comes to Omaha to play for the Triple-A StormChasers. Nebraska fans are going to be ruthless.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
1. Pitt- Cole and Bell, HUGE ,no one thought they would get Bell.
2 Red Sox-Drafted Talent then paid for it.
3 Nationals- Same as Red Sox
4 Diamondback- Bauer and Bradley 2/5 of future rotation
5 Brewers(I am biased) getting Bradley and Jungmann just like Dbacks could be 2/5 of rotation very soon.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Russ S. said:
We signed the big 3 of Bundy, Esposito, & Delmonico, so I'm happy.

Question for you and any O's fans here - who would you give the title of #1 prospect to in their system now - Bundy or Machado?

I'd say it's pretty darn close.

bballstar029

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
Russ S. said:
We signed the big 3 of Bundy, Esposito, & Delmonico, so I'm happy.

Question for you and any O's fans here - who would you give the title of #1 prospect to now in their system - Bundy or Machado?

I'd say it's pretty darn close.

Big O's fan here, and although I love Machado, I can say without hesitation I view Bundy as our top prospect.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I'll give it to Machado!

Most Pitching prospects don't live up to expectations.
Manny has impressed so far and has a good head.
Should have a very bright future!

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The Jays signed 11/15 picks from the first 10 rounds. Even though Beede didn't sign th Jays scored big with Daniel Norris, who was rated higher than Beede. Not to mention signing a lot of the tougher picks in Dwight Smith, Kevin Comer, Stilson, Dean, Lopes, Biggs etc.
Definitely not as hyped as some of the first rd players I think that some of these players could be high impact players.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Other than the Mariners, which realistically shouldn't even be mentioned but I will make the case because of my bias I have to say the Red Sox did the best. Somebody said earlier, but they signed their first four picks and the biggest steal of the draft (Bradley). as for the Mariners, signing Hultzen solidifies them as having one of the greatest starting pitchers rotation in the major leagues if their farm system can produce. Hernández, Pineda, Hultzen, Paxton and if they leave him a starting pitcher Tijuana Walker. even with their terrible offense, they can win a ton of ballgames if any of these guys live up to their potential. Also, it's hard not to be a nationals fan at this point, they have several really good young players.