Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tha U

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
19braves77 said:
heads will eventually roll:

In hindsight, Shapiro said he looks at that moment and realizes Miami could have seized on countless incidents and ended his flagrant assault on NCAA bylaws. Just a 20-minute drive northwest from campus, across one of the causeways and into Miami Beach,
Shapiro’s high-rolling routine with Hurricanes football players was on display on a daily basis. And according to Shapiro, all Miami
But instead, Shapiro said he was enabled by the university, allowed to run the entire Miami team out of tunnel and onto the field – twice – and once honored on the field by former athletic director Paul Dee during a game. The same Paul Dee who wagged a finger at USC as the chairman of the NCAA’s committee on infractions in 2010, chiding the Reggie Bush/O.J. Mayo scandal as a systematic failure.

Your President needs to be fired now and Al Golden is probably saying "Check please!" right about now. He is probably wondering what he got himself into.......

Its time for the NCAA to take a full measure and stop this half measure crap and I am sorry but its going to be Miami that pays. This will be the one that shows us whether the threat of the death penalty is a deterrent or a worthless joke.

Two other former Miami assistants named in the report, Jeff Stoutland and Joe Pannunzio, are now at Alabama. Stoutland is the Crimson Tide's offensive line coach. Pannunzio, who was on Tommy Tuberville's staff at Auburn in 1999, is UA's director of football operations. Nick Saban needs to send them home today.

Stoutland and Pannunzio are dead men walking at Bama.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
What a mess!

I feel bad for Al Golden, the new coach from Temple. I knew there was allegations dating back to before his interviews, but nothing that indicated this type of Full-Blown Violations. ::facepalm::

I guess the Canes should get used to being out of Bowl games for about 8-10 years.

Kinda like Notre Dame... :twisted:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Players with other schools have also been named including Robert Marve (Purdue), Orson Charles (Georgia), as well as Bryce and Arthur Brown (Kansas State). Former Nebraska player Benard Thomas was also named, but has denied meeting Shapiro until after college.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Its getting worse for anyone associated with Miami:

Two new tidbits the AP released:

Shapiro's access to Miami program from June '08 thru 2010 approved by former UM AD Hocutt, now w/Texas Tech

In regards to Mrs Shalala, the Miami President:

Donna Shalala knew about what was happening with the NCAA over the past 5 months but did tell her new AD, football or basketball coach.

One of the players that would eventually sign on with Georgia, UGA's Orson Charles has been cleared in all of this and won't have any eligibility concerns this year.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I don't think the NCAA will death penalty Miami simply because it would screw up the ACC's ability to hold a championship game, but I think a multi-year postseason ban and scholarship reductions for mutliple years so severe that they barely allow them to field a team are the likely starting point. This is much worse than what happened at USC, Indiana basketball, Tennessee basketball, or Ohio State. Quite frankly, if this is as bad as it looks the NCAA needs to decimate that program so that it is irrelevant for a decade.

As for the Auburn talk, one can make a good faith argument that Auburn didn't pay Newton, but it is pretty universally known that Cam's dad solicited money. Because the NCAA rulebook doesn't say anything about family members soliciting money that is not actually paid, Cam and his dad got off the hook. I think everyone knows that Cecil was attempting to get money from MSU. MSU turned him down so then he went to Auburn. Cecil and Cam knew that word was getting out so they decided to have Cam enroll at Auburn legitimately. Auburn knew they were OK so long as Cecil didn't ask their coaches for money and could claim ignorance. So they signed him up. MSU got ticked off because they knew Cecil had asked them for money and then somehow ended up at Auburn so they assumed Cecil and Cam had a buyer. They leaked the Cam story and the rest is history. Basically, Auburn did something shady, but probably didn't violate NCAA rules with Cam.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
They should just shut down all college sports because they are kidding themselves if they think its just thd U.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
How is this not a violation. NCAA has stated that Arthur Brown and Bryce Brown have been cleared to return to pratice at Kansas State:

"Shapiro said he paid for lunch and hotel rooms for the brothers, their parents and spiritual adviser when they visited Miami in March 2008.

Kansas State issued a brief statement Wednesday night saying it had been in communication with the NCAA. "Regarding Arthur Brown and Bryce Brown, the NCAA staff has informed the institution that it has no concerns about their eligibility to compete at K-State," the university said, adding it would not comment further.

The Browns' spiritual adviser, Brian Butler, told The Wichita Eagle that he and the Browns didn't know Shapiro was a Miami booster. Instead, they thought Shapiro was just a fan who helped players from out of state.

"In our case, he did invite us to lunch and we did go to lunch, and he did reserve some rooms for us, for myself and Mr. Brown senior," Butler told the newspaper. "Those things, I can say that he did."

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
19braves77 said:
How is this not a violation. NCAA has stated that Arthur Brown and Bryce Brown have been cleared to return to pratice at Kansas State:

"Shapiro said he paid for lunch and hotel rooms for the brothers, their parents and spiritual adviser when they visited Miami in March 2008.

Kansas State issued a brief statement Wednesday night saying it had been in communication with the NCAA. "Regarding Arthur Brown and Bryce Brown, the NCAA staff has informed the institution that it has no concerns about their eligibility to compete at K-State," the university said, adding it would not comment further.

The Browns' spiritual adviser, Brian Butler, told The Wichita Eagle that he and the Browns didn't know Shapiro was a Miami booster. Instead, they thought Shapiro was just a fan who helped players from out of state.

"In our case, he did invite us to lunch and we did go to lunch, and he did reserve some rooms for us, for myself and Mr. Brown senior," Butler told the newspaper. "Those things, I can say that he did."

NCAA appears to be taking the position that if recruits who received benefits didn't end up at Miami, they get a pass, regardless of the fact that the rule (I believe) says receipt of any benefit results in disqualification from playing at any member institution. Probably because the season starts in 2 weeks and they don't want have time to investigate all of the specific allegations. They have bigger fish to fry than kids Miami recruited but didn't sign. Then again, wasn't Marve cleared too?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
notjomommasclint said:
marve is a sellout, mommas boy, whine titted, piece of shat... i hope that traitor gets his comeuppance!

Ah, you're a Bama fan. Now I understand the vitriol for AU.

Iron-Bowl-Score-Gif.gif

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
AUTaxMan said:
notjomommasclint said:
marve is a sellout, mommas boy, whine titted, piece of shat... i hope that traitor gets his comeuppance!

Iron-Bowl-Score-Gif.gif

How is Casey Anthony doing after you found her not guilty? Your common sense ticker not doing so well

AUTaxMan said:
notjomommasclint said:

Iron-Bowl-Score-Gif.gif

no i am not a bama man... i hate nick saban... i hope he dies at the wrong end of horse rape.

i rep da []_[] ... i dont hate auburn or have any dislike towards them one bit i think to point out flaws in miamis situation when your school is going through an investigation too is a little biased!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It says a lot that a school like Miami can spend eight years throwing **** parties on yachts and the only people shocked by such malfeasance are members of the news media. OMG! Hookers? In Miami? NO ******* WAY. In fact, that's probably the LEAST ****** up thing about college football right now. Everything about the sport is intractably corrupt. The coaches are corrupt. The boosters are corrupt. The schools are corrupt. The idiotic postseason is broken up into 35 separate retarded entities that are all INDIVIDUALLY corrupt. The governing body of the sport (the NCAA) is corrupt and is also so ****** up that they don't really have any say over that same postseason, which makes no logical sense.

-Drew Magary

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
notjomommasclint said:
AUTaxMan said:
notjomommasclint said:

no i am not a bama man... i hate nick saban... i hope he dies at the wrong end of horse rape.

i rep da []_[] ... i dont hate auburn or have any dislike towards them one bit i think to point out flaws in miamis situation when your school is going through an investigation too is a little biased!

Sorry, the Namath sig and the traitor comment is what got me confused. Also, Auburn is not under investigation by the NCAA.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
wheeler281 said:
AUTaxMan said:
notjomommasclint said:

How is Casey Anthony doing after you found her not guilty? Your common sense ticker not doing so well

Would it be reasonable to conclude that it is possible she did not murder that child?

In the court of public opinion, everyone is guilty, unless the person being judged is you.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Instead of keeping players out of practice while the investigation continues, I think the NCAA would be punishing Miami by making Jacory Harris practice...

:twisted:

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
NCAA will not use the Death Penalty Again for simple reason they saw how bad it impacted SMU up until this date, plus with TV Contracts, ESPN and others will push for Miami to not be hit too hard

Members online

Latest posts