Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tha U

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
That's just nuts. The guy has no reason to lie, and it sounds like he provided far too much detail for it to have been made up.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
This really sucks. I can't argue against it, and anybody involved should be punished accordingly. When I first heard of this, I was hoping it was some bitter con, but it's not looking like that anymore. Damn it. It's a sad and embarrassing day for Canes fans.

P.S. - An Auburn guy facepalming Miami is like North Korea criticizing China for poor human rights ;) :lol: .

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Card Magnet said:
This really sucks. I can't argue against it, and anybody involved should be punished accordingly. When I first heard of this, I was hoping it was some bitter con, but it's not looking like that anymore. Damn it. It's a sad and embarrassing day for Canes fans.

P.S. - An Auburn guy facepalming Miami is like North Korea criticizing China for poor human rights ;) :lol: .

:lol:

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Card Magnet said:

AU has not so much as received a PLOI from the NCAA on Newton, and Newton was cleared by the NCAA. Any improprieties there involved MSU, not Auburn. Move along.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
AUTaxMan said:
Card Magnet said:

AU has not so much as received a PLOI from the NCAA on Newton, and Newton was cleared by the NCAA. Any improprieties there involved MSU, not Auburn.

Cleared to Play but not cleared of everything yet ;)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
AUTaxMan said:
Card Magnet said:

AU has not so much as received a PLOI from the NCAA on Newton, and Newton was cleared by the NCAA. Any improprieties there involved MSU, not Auburn. Move along.
Why did you bring up Cam Newton? Guilty conscience?

A few months ago, Auburn had a handful of players publicly admit to receiving contributions from boosters.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Card Magnet said:

A few months ago, Auburn had a handful of players publicly admit to receiving contributions from boosters.

All guys with axes to grind. HBO made no effort to verify the claims, did not give AU a chance to respond, and did not discuss the players' issues with Auburn. Keep trying.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
This Yahoo journalist should get award, Looks like he took his time and investigated. However, sounds like he is the Jim Cantore of sports journalism...if he's in your neighborhood, you better run, cause something bad's coming.

Couple of Alabama recruits listed and one current X Miami coach that is now employed by Saban is listed. I bet he is unemployed tomorrow.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
19braves77 said:
This Yahoo journalist should get award, Looks like he took his time and investigated. However, sounds like he is the Jim Cantore of sports journalism...if he's in your neighborhood, you better run, cause something bad's coming.

Couple of Alabama recruits listed and one current X Miami coach that is now employed by Saban is listed. I bet he is unemployed tomorrow.

He's no Joe Schad. ;)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
UM's official statement:

“When Nevin Shapiro made his allegations nearly a year ago, he and his attorneys refused to provide any facts to the University of Miami. The University notified the NCAA Enforcement officials of these allegations. We are fully cooperating with the NCAA and are conducting a joint investigation. The University of Miami takes these matters very seriously.”

I hope they are fully cooperating to clean up any dirt in their system that is found. I hope that whatever violations are true were just between a small group of people, and not branching through much of the program. It's hard to tell what parts are embellished, because a disgruntled booster is reason enough to doubt, but the guy is also a big time crook. His claims are probably a mix of fact and fiction.

AUTaxMan said:
Card Magnet said:

All guys with axes to grind. The NCAA looked into them and summarily dismissed the claims.
You might want to grab a rag and wipe off your fan goggles; they appear to be a little cloudy.

The NCAA is not done investigating Auburn. They are innocent now, I suppose, if you follow the "innocent until proven guilty" process. Auburn and its supporters should probably keep their fingers crossed that lips stay locked so they can continue to dodge the bullet. Unless they want a cleaner football program. Then they should cross their fingers that somebody speaks up. I'm guessing you're in the former group.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
I'm glad USC's in it's final year of proby....as a fan of a team thats going through it, I hate seeing other teams pay for the mistakes of some idiot(s)....you have to deal with watching guys jump ship to go to other programs, recruits de-commit, etc...IT SUCKS!!!

Sorry to see this Mags...hope the NCAA takes it easy on your team!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Card Magnet said:
You might want to grab a rag and wipe off your fan goggles; they appear to be a little cloudy.

The NCAA is not done investigating Auburn. They are innocent now, I suppose, if you follow the "innocent until proven guilty" process. Auburn and its supporters should probably keep their fingers crossed that lips stay locked so they can continue to dodge the bullet. Unless they want a cleaner football program. Then they should cross their fingers that somebody speaks up. I'm guessing you're in the former group.

How many times does Emmert have to say that there was no evidence of wrongdoing on Auburn's part for the media and opposing fans to drop it? Auburn's being viewed as a dirty program is pure speculation by rival fans and irresponsible media. Miami's is proven fact.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
061295_large.jpg

Members online

Latest posts