Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Updated Baseball Release Dates, Dam it Topps!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
some info i figured you guys wanted, direct form the horses mouth:

Product Number: 998-11HD
Product Desc: 2011 Topps Marquee Baseball
Street Date : WAS Wednesday, 8/31/11 NOW Wednesday, 9/14/11

Product Number: 991-11HD
Product Desc: 2011 Topps Heritage Minor League Baseball
Street Date : WAS Wednesday, 9/14/11 NOW Wednesday, 9/21/11

Product Number: 379-11H
Product Desc: 2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball
Street Date : WAS Wednesday 9/14/11 NOW Wednesday, 9/28/11

Product Number: 832-11HD
Product Desc: 2011 Topps Finest Baseball
Street Date : WAS Wednesday 9/28/11 NOW Wednesday, 10/12/11

The one up side is that it looks like topps chrome baseball is still on track for the 7th.

Enjoy

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Updated Baseball Release Dates

Obviously BC, BDP and Sterling will join that list before long.

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
Re: Updated Baseball Release Dates

Jaypers said:
Obviously BC, BDP and Sterling will join that list before long.

I think that is almost guaranteed to happen

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
i STILL dont get this during the reg season they stretched the release dates out bad now its almost over and there cramming it all in

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
i STILL dont get this during the reg season they stretched the release dates out bad now its almost over and there cramming it all in

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
It scares me when they push all these products back because every time this year they have done that, they have made significant changes to their checklists or amped up the production. Not a good sign.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
jmagic87 said:

They're better off having fewer releases, for one thing it would make it easier to manage distribution.

The hobby doesn't need this many releases anyway.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
uniquebaseballcards said:
jmagic87 said:

They're better off having fewer releases, for one thing it would make it easier to manage distribution.

The hobby doesn't need this many releases anyway.

i agree 110% but the point i was trying to make is why issue 2 sets in June or july but then issue 5 in sept

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
It's not an official release date until we call it an official release date,

sincerely,

t-opps

p.s. if you aren't happy, go buy official MLB baseball cards from another company, suckas!

sincerely,

t-opps again

brouthercard said:

sincerely,

t-opps

p.s. if you aren't happy, go buy official MLB baseball cards from another company, suckas!

sincerely,

t-opps again

Am I supposed to read this using Ken Jeong's voice?

ken_jeong_hangover.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'd bet if you were to take a survey of all releases in the last 15 years or so since the number of sets exploded, the percentage of releases that actually hit on the initially stated release date is very low. Things almost always slide a week or two. No big deal.

I do agree about the feast-or-famine release schedule, though. They are pretty different products, though.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
It's more like the players signing force the delays. Topps would love to put stuff out on time or early if they could. So easy to blame Topps for everything, no one wants to put blame on the players and many of the signers. That would be too hard for all the geniuses here.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
David Campos said:
brouthercard said:

sincerely,

t-opps

sincerely,

t-opps again

Am I supposed to read this using Ken Jeong's voice?

ken_jeong_hangover.jpg

LOL, it actually enhances the message, big D!

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
matchpenalty said:
It's more like the players signing force the delays. Topps would love to put stuff out on time or early if they could. So easy to blame Topps for everything, no one wants to put blame on the players and many of the signers. That would be too hard for all the geniuses here.

here just an idea for topps, what about enforcing a monetary penalty to the players they have signing for these products. I understand that these players are under contracts, why not there be a stipulation in there saying "all items must be returned within "x" amount of days, if they are not returned by said day there will be a "x" amount deducted from whatever the are getting paid per day that they arent returned". Maybe something like this would light a fire under some of these guys to get there stuff returned on time. Instead of taking the " I dont want to offend so and so player by rushing him, i'll accomidate him and just push everything back. Just my 2 cents.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Ndepaul99 said:
matchpenalty said:

here just an idea for topps, what about enforcing a monetary penalty to the players they have signing for these products. I understand that these players are under contracts, why not there be a stipulation in there saying "all items must be returned within "x" amount of days, if they are not returned by said day there will be a "x" amount deducted from whatever the are getting paid per day that they arent returned". Maybe something like this would light a fire under some of these guys to get there stuff returned on time. Instead of taking the " I dont want to offend so and so player by rushing him, i'll accomidate him and just push everything back. Just my 2 cents.

This was addressed at the Topps q&a at the national this year, and they brought up a good point

Using Ian Kinsler as an example....do you think ian kindler gives a crap about the 10 grand? I mean, really???

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Ndepaul99 said:
matchpenalty said:

Player/signer has ALL the power. Most of these guys don't need the $. Some of them just do it because Players association gets a big check from Topps for the license fees. That gets split up evenly with all the guys in association. So their small way of helping out out everyone. Topps starts trying to do some power plays then they can kiss some of these guys from ever signing again.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Worst job in card companies is the acquisition managers. They have to sit and call these players /agents / hanger ons ect. To try and get many of them to get stuff done on a daily basis. Get promises all the time that are broken. But all geniuses here think this would be so easy. I'm sure Topps, Panini and UD would hire you in second if you could just wave magic wand and have all signers waiting and eager to sign everything in return it all on time so nothing ever got delayed. All cards would have on card autos ect.. .. Also most of them think their crap doesn't stink and their autos are worth way more than what they are.

Card companies are really stuck.. They know they need cert autos to sell product. They have to pay big $$$ to get big names. In turn these guys crap on them a lot and are slow to get stuff done. Then card companies have to hear all collectors bitch and moan about the redemptions ect. It's a bad cycle. But who would by cases and boxes with no autos to chase of big time players????

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
mjbuchanan80 said:
matchpenalty said:
It's a bad cycle. But who would by cases and boxes with no autos to chase of big time players????

me.

Same here.

I also don't understand why someone needs multiple autos of the same player, its different than owning multiple cards of the same player.