Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

347 attend Reds/Marlins game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Weather probably has something to do with it.

The Marlin's have the worst fans so I can't really make an excuse for them.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
That's crazy stuff. I checked the box score for the attendance, it's mysteriously not listed. I checked the night game and the attendance is listed @ 22,505. It's the last stat on the page, under time, and on the day game it's just not there.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... p&c_id=mlb

The last time Jason Jennings pitched there were 9,151 fans in attendance. That's really impressive because it was at Cohen Stadium in El Paso, and it was the Diablos against the Grand Prarie Air Hogs. It's amazing that an independent league can outdo the Marlins like that. Incredible!

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Adrian Gonzalez's BA = Attendace for that game....

:benson: Except it would be rare for one of the 347 to get hit in the face.

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota
I had a ticket for Wednesday's game, I could have been 348 but couldn't get out of work, darn!

People did trickle in as that game went on and for the second game, so attendance would up being pretty much what an average Wednesday night game would be. Which still isn't much.

They'll do well the first year in the new stadium, but it will be interesting to see how attendance is the second year once the newness wears off.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Funny thing is that I stop to watch the Marlins whenever they are on TV.

i think they were being generous with that total! it looked like maybe 90... maybe 90. i guess shooting lomo down was a great idea... maybe they should have made his promotion as public!

last night i think it was darren rovell had a tweet about... there are more ______________ than people at the marlins game. one of the responses was people in front of tim tebow on the broncos depth chart. EPIC WIN!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
RL24 said:
That's crazy stuff. I checked the box score for the attendance, it's mysteriously not listed. I checked the night game and the attendance is listed @ 22,505. It's the last stat on the page, under time, and on the day game it's just not there.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... p&c_id=mlb

The last time Jason Jennings pitched there were 9,151 fans in attendance. That's really impressive because it was at Cohen Stadium in El Paso, and it was the Diablos against the Grand Prarie Air Hogs. It's amazing that an independent league can outdo the Marlins like that. Incredible!

The attendance in the boxscores is the number of tickets sold, which also could have been for the "Scheduled" game. Most teams do it this way now. The 347 figure is an unofficial count done by a coupla guys that were there.

and I love how the PA team's games in Williamsport games get better attendance than a bunch of MLB teams. :lol:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Didn't MLB decide on short notice to play Thursday's game on Wednesday, as part of a double header? I'm not completely sure when this was announced, but it was done so that there wouldn't be a game Thursday, in case anything materialized with the hurricane.

So, the Wednesday day game wasn't on the original schedule-so I would assume that is why the attendance was so drastically low. The Marlins don't draw well, but with just 347 there has to be more to it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
notjomommasclint said:
i think they were being generous with that total! it looked like maybe 90... maybe 90. i guess shooting lomo down was a great idea... maybe they should have made his promotion as public!

last night i think it was darren rovell had a tweet about... there are more ______________ than people at the marlins game. one of the responses was people in front of tim tebow on the broncos depth chart. EPIC WIN!

Post Thanked!

and I forgot to mention when I saw the original story posted on FB, I thought it was a post from "The Onion"...

Members online

Latest posts