Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My project for the weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
After going to the National, some of the girls in the office asked why I had gone to Chicago. I don't ususally tell everyone about my hobby, but I told them about the convention and gave them some brief details. They know I'm a big sports nut, so it wasn't much of a shock. Several of the girls mentioned having brothers or husbands that collected at one time. One of them said her brother had a ton of cards that were just sitting at her parents' house. She said he'd looked into selling them at one point, but didn't know how to do it or how to figure out what they're worth. I told her I'd take a look for her. Judging by the age of her brother and probable time he collected, the cards are most likely junk and I told her they're probably not worth much, but that I was still curious. Today she dropped off these 5 tubs:

photo.jpg

I have no idea what's in here. It could all be 1991 Topps. I haven't even opened one yet, but even if it's nothing worth anything, it'll be a fun weekend to sift through to see if there's anything of value. I know there's a lot of player collectors, so I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting and I'll post if I see something that someone wants. Wish me luck :D

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
CollectorsCorner said:
Looks like a ton of fun! Are you going to be buying it or only buying if it is good stuff.

I just said I'd have a look and let her know what's in there. I really don't want to buy a bunch of junk (if that's what's there) and then have to store it. I also don't really want to look through it all and then toss her an offer, because that looks like I've seen what's there and am then going to lowball her. I may try to buy something if I find something I want. I'd hope to get at least a deal on it, but not rip her off, but I'll definately be keeping an eye out for player collectors.

Just barely started going through the first box in tub 1 and I'm encouraged. There's some random football stuff and oddballs (Coca cola monsters of the gridiron, tombstone pizza). I've also seen some 1991 Panini mini baseball stickers and some older stuff through the early 2000s (1999 Topps Finest Nolan Ryan reprint). Nothing amazing, but enough to make me think there may be something here.

Members online

Latest posts