Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AJ Burnett should be DFA'd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

What's so bad about giving up 16 runs in less than 7 innings to the Orioles and Twins?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
scotty21690 said:
i like him.

When he pitches it warms my Soul.

In fact, when I think about how bad my August has been (separated, sick and turned 39), I just think about his... :lol:

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
D-Lite said:
scotty21690 said:
i like him.
The amazing thing is Lackey has been worse.

Yes Lackey has worse stats over the course of the season, but he is pitching better and Burnett is pitching worse. They are trending in opposite directions. While I wouldn't want either pitcher starting game 3 in the playoffs, I would take Lackey over Burnett right now.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:
scotty21690 said:
i like him.
The amazing thing is Lackey has been worse.
Amazing.

And while I can agree that Lackey has been quite inconsistent this season, the Red Sox record in games he starts: 12-10. Burnett? 12-14 before tonight.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
IF my memory is correct, Burnett got a ND on a game he left in the 4th inning, leading 10-4. :lol:

Actually I just posted on a Yanks' fan's page that's it's getting to the point where even I can't make Burnett jokes anymore, but I'm sure I'll come back to it IF he's in the Playoff rotation...

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I think it's funny that now the Indians have an AJ as well, someone who was briefly a great pitcher, and then completely forgot how not to get shelled. It's just bizarre that Cleveland didn't notice that Ubaldo took his Burnett turn the 2nd half of LAST season and never recovered. The Tigers got the hint with D-Train and cut him loose. When will the Yankees finally send AJ down to AA to re-learn how to pitch?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
gt2590 said:
It is VERY entertaining to exchange PMs w/ boomo on a nite when Burnett has pitched! :lol:

what i find amazing is he has always sucked, and he has always sucked in the same way guys like ed whitson and kevin brown sucked, yet somehow, grown men with college educations who have learned to scout see something in these effing losers and sign them. has been 35 years of this for me. one joke after another. I can look in the whos who and see he sucks and think, i hope the yankees never sign this POS clown who needs to be covered in honey and let loose near some fire ants. Quite amazing too that the yankee brass think it is better to pay him and take a guaranteed loss every 5 days, then to just pay him and shoot him into outer space and pick someone from the stands to pitch.

hey AJ, maybe you will read this somehow, hughes send him in here, YOU EFFING SUCK, PLEASE DIE !!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I agree with you on Burnett boomo.

But Kevin Brown was HOF good there for a while before going to NY. He was always voted "Nastiest stuff" and his delivery made him IMpossible to hit sometimes, but also caused injuries. Plus, his mood/temper/disposition didn't jive well with the increased attention of the Big Apple...

Jul 30, 2009
Hopefully Manny, Dellin or anyone with a prospect pulse gets called up in September, does well and makes the post season roster thereby kicking AJ to the curb.

Members online