Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Epic Failure of Ryan Bolden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
72 games in the Arizona League, and a blazing line of .182/.269/.251 to go along with 114ks in 281 PA's for his career with 0 HR

Wish I could find the Baseball Prospectus article from another player on how hard it is to be that bad at any level. It covered how Micheal Jordan's 1994 season wasn't that bad also.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Really sad that the Angels had three premium picks and blew on on this clown bag....

NEC / Adam, you have any thoughts on Bolden, I know you were big into him for a while.

skrip

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Justin O'Conner hasn't been much better. Average and strikeout wise atleast. Atleast O'Conner has shown power and has hit more extra base hits than singles.

I have an Orange Ref Auto, and one of those sold for ~$90 last week so someone has hope.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
His autos are the worst autos I've ever seen based on how it looked like he "didn't care" when he signed them...the ink is running out Ryan...maybe change a pen?!

Thank goodness for Taylor Lindsey and Kaleb Cowart! :D

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
From eBay.....

$(KGrHqF,!iEE2JIYHJKsBNph(SiYqg~~_3.JPG

That's a 9 auto?

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
vwnut13 said:
Justin O'Conner hasn't been much better. Average and strikeout wise atleast. Atleast O'Conner has shown power and has hit more extra base hits than singles.

I have an Orange Ref Auto, and one of those sold for ~$90 last week so someone has hope.

I still have hope for O'Conner; if anything, he's proven good defensively, which was not a given considering he's a late converted catcher. He clearly needs to work on pitch recognition though, I agree, but power is here.

But if you insist of getting rid of his orange auto of yours... :mrgreen:

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
His autos are the worst autos I've ever seen based on how it looked like he "didn't care" when he signed them...the ink is running out Ryan...maybe change a pen?!

95% of the players have zero clue about signing or quality of pen or that a streak even remotely matters. So he probably wouldnt even know to change a pen. I know the players I dealt with probably none of them would even think of that.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I heard Jason Parks of BP said he was the worst hitter he has ever seen. He makes Anthony Hewitt look like Granderson.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
mwashuc06 said:
I heard Jason Parks of BP said he was the worst hitter he has ever seen. He makes Anthony Hewitt look like Granderson.

To have a season like Bolden, he has to fail to:

1. Recognize pitches
2. Make adjustments to those pitches
3. Work themselves into favorable hitting counts
4. Execute

Its not how you start but how you finish and I doubt the Angels have seen anything different from Day 1.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Messier2 said:

95% of the players have zero clue about signing or quality of pen or that a streak even remotely matters. So he probably wouldnt even know to change a pen. I know the players I dealt with probably none of them would even think of that.

99% of the BC autos since the beginning are very bold with very few exceptions. I still strongly think he just doesn't care about his sig. I know most players don't care about the sig quality like the prospectors/graders but when you sign like crap and sign like crap for every card brand out there...there's a problem. I'm not hatin' on the guy but just sick of pulling his autos and seeing them pretty much "gone" from the card... ::facepalm::

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Messier2 said:
beefycheddar said:
Messier2 said:

99% of the BC autos since the beginning are very bold with very few exceptions. I still strongly think he just doesn't care about his sig. I know most players don't care about the sig quality like the prospectors/graders but when you sign like crap and sign like crap for every card brand out there...there's a problem. I'm not hatin' on the guy but just sick of pulling his autos and seeing them pretty much "gone" from the card... ::facepalm::
I'd be sick of pulling his autos because he sucks.

Members online